Prot Warrior Gemming / Enchanting

All guides recommend me to enchant my cloak with Str but enchant my rings with Haste and gem with Haste. Why is the cloak different?

you should enchant your cloak with int because looks like you need it

I dont understand. A haste enchant exist for cloaks and str gems exist for sockets. So what decides that cloaks are better off with a str enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Red2224 View Post
    I dont understand. A haste enchant exist for cloaks and str gems exist for sockets. So what decides that cloaks are better off with a str enchant.
    Values and availability.

The 100 haste/movement speed enchant requires old mats, no one is gonna go farm old mats for that when the stats it provides overall are the same as 200 strength on cloak.

I used it myself at the start too when stats were lower, but now there is no need for it, 100 Haste wont make much of a difference, as neither does 200 strength, just a couple thousand more absorb on IP.

If you are an enchanter yourself and have the enchants and want that haste, use it, no one said its bad, its just that you dont really gain anything than the 200 strength doesnt provide either way, in terms of overall gain, call it "effective health pool".

And you can only have 1 Strength 200 socket.

Thats it.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haste is the best secondary. STR is a primary. STR is better than haste for prot warriors.

str = more dps = more agro
    haste enchant is not worth it provides too little