Max prestige prediction?

Just wondering what everyones thoughts on this was. Right now, with 2 more seasons projected, and 4 honor levels per season, I'd anticipate prestige 25 being the max.

Jesus that just sounds insane saying it, but it makes sense.

Hopefully this bad boy is the max prestige reward
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...ghtcourser.php

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they've had to make so damn many more than planned because it was originally an actual "prestige" system where people wouldn't of progressed through it so quickly. Think 13 was actually supposed to be the limit for the entire expansion.

Think there's actually supposed to be 3 more seasons. Every season had either 4 or 5 new prestiges added, so I could imagine it probably being closer to 30. Expect more flags with a new rip in it each time or something along those lines, another recoloured unicorn and probably a title for max.

Will probably be 3 more seasons. Two more for the 7.3 patch and then one extra to bridge the gap to the next expansion. With weapon colors soon running out I suspect they will have 4 prestige levels each (pet, title, pennant, pony), so we would end up at prestige 30, just as the above poster said.
    Last edited by szandos; 2017-07-17 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Just wondering what everyones thoughts on this was. Right now, with 2 more seasons projected, and 4 honor levels per season, I'd anticipate prestige 25 being the max.

Jesus that just sounds insane saying it, but it makes sense.

Hopefully this bad boy is the max prestige reward
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...ghtcourser.php
    Shit, I'm still at the Azure, got a lot of Warden Tower grindin to do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    The current final prestige title is pretty sweet though <Name> the Unstoppable Force

I wish they'd have gone a different route with prestige mounts. Receiving a recolor 4 times so far (probably 2 more times after this season) is cheap.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I was really hoping they would just stop at 17. For casuals, it's really hard to keep up, and what the hell is the point of a never-ending grind? I'm sure they could figure out another way to incentivize those at 17 to keep playing. Let's say they go to 30 or w.e, will they allow people to catch up next expansion or when will the cut off be? How about people who bot prestige levels? Will blizzard be doing anything about those people?

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I was really hoping they would just stop at 17. For casuals, it's really hard to keep up, and what the hell is the point of a never-ending grind? I'm sure they could figure out another way to incentivize those at 17 to keep playing. Let's say they go to 30 or w.e, will they allow people to catch up next expansion or when will the cut off be? How about people who bot prestige levels? Will blizzard be doing anything about those people?
    I've been wondering this too. I'm pretty casual but I get a good 2-3 hours play time on average per day, sometimes more. Even when I bust my butt, it takes me 7-10 days right now per prestige level. That's half a year from zero to max as it stands, assuming you play EVERY DAY and only focus on PVP. I'm assuming rank will be a Legion only thing, but if it's not I'm sure we'll have some sort of catch up that voids out all the grind anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    I've been wondering this too. I'm pretty casual but I get a good 2-3 hours play time on average per day, sometimes more. Even when I bust my butt, it takes me 7-10 days right now per prestige level. That's half a year from zero to max as it stands, assuming you play EVERY DAY and only focus on PVP. I'm assuming rank will be a Legion only thing, but if it's not I'm sure we'll have some sort of catch up that voids out all the grind anyway
    I takes me 7-14 days per level, 7-10 if I arena/rbg, 10-14 if i just do pvp quests and bg/skirm daily. Currently 5 levels behind because I took a break for 2 and a half months. I think longer they drag this out, the cheaper it feels.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-07-24 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I takes me 7-14 days per level, 7-10 if I arena/rbg, 10-14 if i just do pvp quests and bg/skirm daily. Currently 5 levels behind because I took a break for 2 and a half months. One other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was about the achievements. The longer they drag this out. The cheaper if feels.
    How does it feel cheap? I mean Nhiosis did the math a couple posts above. If you want max Prestige (current max) it'll cost you several daily play sessions focused only on PvP a good 5-7 months. That doesn't seem "cheap" to me. It's not exactly getting "Gladiator" caliber difficult/skill intensive or anything but MMOs by their very nature are grindy. Prestige is the epitome of grindy. I think it suits WoW as something to set sights on long term. Though I concede they're going to have to come up with something to replace the artifact color awards now that people are finishing them. They were a big part of why I started, to be honest.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

For me it was just a matter of keeping up with it every patch, when i did my grind sessions i averaged about 1.5-2 prestige levels a week so i was always finished with the honor grind @ about the 3rd week of a patch.

Doing BG's (mainly Alterac, im horde and even a loss is 500-800 Honor depending on if your team can destroy Towers and zergs a bit also bonus points for being a 40 man its less frustrating for me when im getting outrushed by alliance instead of getting 5/0 stomp in arathi).

Arena skirmish is the fastest way possible if you have a friend who is willing to grind with you.

I also did Ashran at times in the evening, the fragment farm via the bags/slaying monsters is a good income for honor/time, there was also a ashran bug that when the game closed down and the timer was @ 15 seconds you could count towards 1 and jump off a cliff in ashran, when you where in the air when the game closed your character remained in the zone in an empty ashran for yourself, dont know if thats still possible.

By doing it hardcore like this i could save up the +1000 honor badges from the Skirmish/BG weekly events so that i can use them on the next grind (these were always like 5-10 badges so the first 15-17 levels of a new prestige level after a patch)

But concerning the OP they will have to use a new reward for 1 prestige level because we have all 4 weapon colours now, or they simply cut it and argus launches with prestige 18 19 20 with Banner / Pet, Mount / Title
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-07-24 at 01:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no need to "catch up", it's a cosmetic reward system. If it rewarded more talents or gear, then sure there would probably need to be a catch up.

Why would you stop putting in more prestige levels for your players that spend the most time playing the game because some people who spend 5 minutes a day playing can't get to the highest prestige?

They haven't said what they're doing with prestige next expansion. I'm guessing it'll just reset back to 0 with new rewards, if they have it at all. The "prestige" part of it is sort of not the case anymore as it was originally supposed to make you lose your honor talents each time.

Either way, casuals need to stop crying about stuff taking too long to get. Players who play for multiple hours a day should be able to do more in-game than people who play for 5 minutes a day.

Remember when everyone on this forum was up in arms about the idea of them being able to buy every elite set because they hit 2k once in the worst PvP expansion? Yeah, thank god that wasn't implemented.

The whole reason this game is going to shit is because of catering to casuals, it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    How does it feel cheap?
    Cheap, like the more rewards, the less they feel special. Imagine you grinding through 3 mediocre titles just to reach unstoppable force, only for them to continue the grind and add other titles like the immovable object, or the invulnerable etc. Cheap like how the icon/emblem for level 9 looks cooler than 13 or 19. Cheap like how the titles of the achievements are becoming less creative. It's almost as if they hadn't planned to do this for the entire expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    There's no need to "catch up", it's a cosmetic reward system. If it rewarded more talents or gear, then sure there would probably need to be a catch up.

Why would you stop putting in more prestige levels for your players that spend the most time playing the game because some people who spend 5 minutes a day playing can't get to the highest prestige?

Either way, casuals need to stop crying about stuff taking too long to get. Players who play for multiple hours a day should be able to do more in-game than people who play for 5 minutes a day.
    If there's a cut off, then there's people playing catch up. If people took a break from the game only to come back and see that more levels and rewards have been added, and that more will follow for future seasons (when it is unknown if and when there will be a cut off) then there is catch up. I'm sure players will have time to catch up towards the end of this expansion. I just hope the ranks and rewards become unobtainable next expansion, otherwise it will feel even more cheap.

They wouldn't be changing it for casuals. The grind is tedious even for those who pvp often. Some people want to obtain the end emblem/title and don't want to be pvping for a couple hours every day for a year straight.

I'm not really a casual myself. I'm just not grinding bgs/skirms and ashran for hours on end. The grind is slow me, I can't imagine how it is for actual casuals.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-07-24 at 04:39 PM.

Well, based on the latest icons on the front page, it would appear prestige 33 is going to be the max....

I can't imagine what kind of rewards we are going to be getting now that we are out of weapon skins, and only have a few more mounts left. The banners are pretty awful as it is.

There is 3 new weapon color according to the last ptr datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Silveroc View Post
    There is 3 new weapon color according to the last ptr datamining.
    As in a new weapon dedicated to pvp with 3 different colors or 3 different colours to some of the existing weapons?

3 different colours of existing challenge one.

Maybe related to PvP, or not ^^

Death Knight (Blood) - Maw of the Damned

Bonejaw #17: Maw of the Damned (New)
    Bonejaw #19: Maw of the Damned (New)
    Bonejaw #20: Maw of the Damned (New)

Death Knight (Frost) - Blades of the Fallen Prince

Soul Collector #21: Blades of the Fallen Prince (New) - Requires Rogue
    Soul Collector #23: Blades of the Fallen Prince (New) - Requires Rogue
    Soul Collector #24: Blades of the Fallen Prince (New) - Requires Rogue

Death Knight (Unholy) - Apocalypse

Death's Deliverance #29: Apocalypse (New) - Requires Rogue
    Death's Deliverance #30: Apocalypse (New) - Requires Rogue
    Death's Deliverance #32: Apocalypse (New) - Requires Rogue

Demon Hunter (Havoc) - Twinblades of the Deceiver

Flamereaper #21: Twinblades of the Deceiver (New)
    Flamereaper #22: Twinblades of the Deceiver (New)
    Flamereaper #24: Twinblades of the Deceiver (New)

Demon Hunter (Vengeance) - The Aldrachi Warblades

Umberwing #30: Aldrachi Warblades (New)
    Umberwing #31: Aldrachi Warblades (New)
    Umberwing #32: Aldrachi Warblades (New)

Druid (Balance) - Scythe of Elune

Manascythe #30: Scythe of Elune (New)
    Manascythe #31: Scythe of Elune (New)
    Manascythe #32: Scythe of Elune (New)

Druid (Feral) - Fangs of Ashamane

Ghost of the Pridemother #11: Fangs of Ashamane (New)

Druid (Guardian) - Claws of Ursoc

Might of the Grizzlemaw #9: Claws of Ursoc (New)

Druid (Restoration) - G'Hanir, the Mother Tree

Night's Vigilance #29: G'Hanir, the Mother Tree (New)
    Night's Vigilance #30: G'Hanir, the Mother Tree (New)
    Night's Vigilance #32: G'Hanir, the Mother Tree (New)

Hunter (Beast Mastery) - Titanstrike

Serpentbite #25: Titanstrike (New)
    Serpentbite #26: Titanstrike (New)
    Serpentbite #27: Titanstrike (New)

Hunter (Marksmanship) - Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners

Wildrunner #30: Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners (New)
    Wildrunner #31: Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners (New)
    Wildrunner #32: Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners (New)

Hunter (Survival) - Talonclaw, Spear of the Wild Gods

Forests' Guardian #30: The Eagle Spear (New)
    Forests' Guardian #31: The Eagle Spear (New)
    Forests' Guardian #32: The Eagle Spear (New)

Mage (Arcane) - Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna

Eternal Magus #25: Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna (New)
    Eternal Magus #26: Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna (New)
    Eternal Magus #28: Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna (New)

Mage (Fire) - Felo'melorn

Timebender's Blade #26: Felo'melorn (New)
    Timebender's Blade #27: Felo'melorn (New)
    Timebender's Blade #28: Felo'melorn (New)

Mage (Frost) - Ebonchill, Greatstaff of Alodi

Elite Magus #30: Ebonchill, Greatstaff of Alodi (New)
    Elite Magus #31: Ebonchill, Greatstaff of Alodi (New)
    Elite Magus #32: Ebonchill, Greatstaff of Alodi (New)

Monk (Brewmaster) - Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion

Bearer of the Mist #25: Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion (New)
    Bearer of the Mist #27: Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion (New)
    Bearer of the Mist #28: Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion (New)

Monk (Mistweaver) - Sheilun, Staff of the Mists

Essence of Calm #30: Sheilun, Staff of the Mists (New)
    Essence of Calm #31: Sheilun, Staff of the Mists (New)
    Essence of Calm #32: Sheilun, Staff of the Mists (New)

Monk (Windwalker) - Fists of the Heavens

Xuen's Enforcer #30: Fists of the Heavns (New)
    Xuen's Enforcer #31: Fists of the Heavns (New)
    Xuen's Enforcer #32: Fists of the Heavns (New)

Paladin (Holy) - The Silver Hand

Justice's Flame #17: The Silver Hand (New)
    Justice's Flame #18: The Silver Hand (New)
    Justice's Flame #20: The Silver Hand (New)

Paladin (Protection) - Truthguard

Crest of Holy Fire #21: Truthguard (New)
    Crest of Holy Fire #22: Truthguard (New)
    Crest of Holy Fire #23: Truthguard (New)

Paladin (Retribution) - Ashbringer

Shattered Reckoning #22: Ashbringer (New)
    Shattered Reckoning #23: Ashbringer (New)
    Shattered Reckoning #25: Ashbringer (New)

Priest (Discipline) - Light's Wrath

Ascended Watch #29: Light's Wrath (New)
    Ascended Watch #30: Light's Wrath (New)
    Ascended Watch #31: Light's Wrath (New)

Priest (Holy) - T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru

Memory of Argus #21: T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru (New)
    Memory of Argus #22: T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru (New)
    Memory of Argus #24: T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru (New)

Priest (Shadow) - Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire

Twisted Reflection #25: Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire (New)
    Twisted Reflection #27: Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire (New)
    Twisted Reflection #28: Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire (New)

Rogue (Assassination) - The Kingslayers

Ghostblade #30: The Kingslayers (New)
    Ghostblade #31: The Kingslayers (New)
    Ghostblade #32: The Kingslayers (New)

Rogue (Outlaw) - The Dreadblades

Fencer's Reach #17: Dreadblades (New) - Requires Rogue
    Fencer's Reach #18: Dreadblades (New) - Requires Rogue
    Fencer's Reach #20: Dreadblades (New) - Requires Rogue

Rogue (Subtlety) - Fangs of the Devourer

Iceshear #25: Fangs of the Devourer (New)
    Iceshear #27: Fangs of the Devourer (New)
    Iceshear #28: Fangs of the Devourer (New)

Shaman (Elemental) - The Fist of Ra-den

Rehgar's Legacy #22: Fists of the Storm (New)
    Rehgar's Legacy #23: Fists of the Storm (New)
    Rehgar's Legacy #24: Fists of the Storm (New)

Shaman (Enhancement) - Doomhammer

Typhoon #26: Doomhammer (New)
    Typhoon #27: Doomhammer (New)
    Typhoon #28: Doomhammer (New)

Shaman (Restoration) - Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides

Frozen Fate #26: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides (New)
    Frozen Fate #27: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides (New)
    Frozen Fate #28: Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides (New)

Warlock (Affliction) - Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester

Spine of the Condemned #29: Ulthalesh, The Deadwind Harvester (New)
    Spine of the Condemned #30: Ulthalesh, The Deadwind Harvester (New)
    Spine of the Condemned #31: Ulthalesh, The Deadwind Harvester (New)

Warlock (Demonology) - Skull of the Man'ari

Soul of the Forgotten #25: Skull of Man'ari (New)
    Soul of the Forgotten #26: Skull of Man'ari (New)
    Soul of the Forgotten #28: Skull of Man'ari (New)

Warlock (Destruction) - Scepter of Sargeras

Guise of the Darkener #29: Scepter of Sargeras (New)
    Guise of the Darkener #30: Scepter of Sargeras (New)
    Guise of the Darkener #32: Scepter of Sargeras (New)

Warrior (Arms) - Strom'kar, the Warbreaker

Blade of the Sky Champion #26: Strom'kar, the Warbreaker (New)
    Blade of the Sky Champion #27: Strom'kar, the Warbreaker (New)
    Blade of the Sky Champion #28: Strom'kar, the Warbreaker (New)

Warrior (Fury) - Warswords of the Valarjar

Helya's Gaze #22: Warswords of the Valarjar (New) - Requires Rogue
    Helya's Gaze #23: Warswords of the Valarjar (New) - Requires Rogue
    Helya's Gaze #24: Warswords of the Valarjar (New) - Requires Rogue

Warrior (Protection) - Scale of the Earth-Warder

Legionbreaker #30: Scale of the Earthwarder (New)
    Legionbreaker #31: Scale of the Earthwarder (New)
    Legionbreaker #32: Scale of the Earthwarder (New)
    Last edited by Silveroc; 2017-07-26 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    How does it feel cheap? I mean Nhiosis did the math a couple posts above. If you want max Prestige (current max) it'll cost you several daily play sessions focused only on PvP a good 5-7 months. That doesn't seem "cheap" to me. It's not exactly getting "Gladiator" caliber difficult/skill intensive or anything but MMOs by their very nature are grindy. Prestige is the epitome of grindy. I think it suits WoW as something to set sights on long term. Though I concede they're going to have to come up with something to replace the artifact color awards now that people are finishing them. They were a big part of why I started, to be honest.
    I think the problem he got is, that it's per design that long and not because of competition (like in the old days) and it has a cap. There's also the problem that being prestigious doesn't feel prestige at all for a mode that competitive. It's a linear climb, nothing else.

I also think prestige is such a wrong word for what it is. Arena/RBG rating is somewhat prestige, well for those who haven't left and still give a shit.

But what also has to be kept in mind. It's not meant for completion really. With the design decisions Blizzard is taking it's hard to know though. It's this thing between that can be argued in either direction.