Tips for leveling after switching to new class/job

Just started playing this game a few days ago and started playing a lancer. However I switched to a rogue after I learned about it on the website. The most jarring thing was getting set back to level 1 with no real clear way to catch back up other than the exp boost you get. What are some ways to get caught back up without too much downtime? I am okay right now since I was only level 20 as a lancer. But later on when I get Ninja or decide to try something else, it seems like it could be really frustrating.

The game supplements alt jobs on one character. There are leves which are repeatable quests you tend to find in hubs around the world, dungeons, fates which you're most likely already seen or the most popular palace of the dead which is a dungeon crawler located in South shroud
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is set up to support leveling multiple classes, but most of the ways to easily do so do not unlock until you progress further in the MSQ. You will open things like the Daily Roulettes that give a huge chunk of XP as well as the Palace of the Dead. The PotD (as it is mostly known as) is sort of a challenge tower that has you progress up floors and has a separate progression that your normal leveling. You start out at floor 1 and at lvl 1 of whatever class you want to enter as and you will gain xp and levels as you go up floors. It also has it's own gear progression where you have your weapon stat and armor stat and those will level up as you go up floors as well. This servers not only as a great way to level alt jobs (you get a bunch of xp when you exit the tower) but also as a way to test out jobs to see if you like them as you level much faster inside the Palace than outside.

Outside of those, there are also way more sidequests around that you will need to level a single job, levequests that are repeatable quests found in most hubs, guildhests that are mini tutorials you can do for xp, fates all over the place, tons of dungeons you can do through the duty finder, pvp, and I am sure I am forgetting some. Oh an you will also get things that will add bonuses to leveling lower level jobs like a ring you get around lvl 20-30 that gives you a 30% xp bonus for jobs under lvl 30 I think and I think there is some kind of boon once you get a job to 50 to level alt jobs faster as well. I am only lvl 46 so I have not gotten there yet.

All in all, the best tip I have found is to find a job you like enough, level that through the MSQ and once you get that job to 50+ you should have unlocked plenty of ways to level up other jobs.

Thanks. I'll just stick to my lancer for now till I get further in the story.

For 1-16, work on the hunt logs that you get for your class; each class (except the ones added in HW and SB) gets a hunt log that has you kill specific mobs out in the world. It's worth a healthy amount of xp for the level. Past that, you'll have to work on FATEs and side quests. You could run the first set of floors for Palace of the Dead, also, which unlocks at level 17 in Gridania, but for 1-15 it's not as quick. Beyond that, it's good.

The 30% XP Boost ring actually comes from completing the Halls of the Novice, and it's a nice thing to have for any sub-30 job.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing your Class Hunting Log + the 30% exp ring from Halls of the Novice will catch you up pretty damn quick.

That and FATEs.