Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    i wasnt defending Blizzard, im just telling you that some of the things they do don't really add up.
    and i was pointing out how yes they do stuff for preformance sometimes, but why one thing and not the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are arguing about something we don't even know.

Maybe they just don't want too much clutter and shit above people's heads everywhere and it has nothing to do with performance, but with not breaking whatever immersion there is left. The line of thought could have been, we already have one spec ingame with floaty balls, add to that another whole class and cities, groups and raids will start looking like a mess.

Of course me personally as a warlock - fuck all, I want my shards to be burning other people's eyes out if it was up to me, but the point is that there is a bigger picture to consider too.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck there is even good reason why it's only visible to warlock, these are souls, not physical entities really and only we can see such things, where as mage balls are actual manifested balls of fire floating there.

Damn, I did not know that Why did you tell me this? Am gonna remove it now...the only reason why I ever had it displayed was because I wanted to kinda show of my class mechanic. Meh :/

It's not intended to be visible only for us warlocks, its a bug probably, i posted a ticket like 1 monthish ago and gm said they'd look into it, of course might take 2153523 years to fix but its certainily not intended.

Deleted
    I'm not gonna write three dozen wordy posts on it and argue with everyone who disagrees, but I do wish others could see my shard glyphs. Furthermore, I'd like a glyph that lets Destruction get the old "On Fire" effect back.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    @OP
    Concentrate on yourself and not on how other random people might perceive your alter ego made from polygons. Get over it. Your issues will only grow if you don't.
    Why should he? Being able to show off is one of the main points of MMORPG. Knowing that others can see your accomplishments and fluff, no matter if they care or not, greatly adds to the overall enjoyment from the game.
    This may make zero sense to you and it's fine, tastes differ. But don't enforce your PoV on other people, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlock View Post
    It's not intended to be visible only for us warlocks, its a bug probably, i posted a ticket like 1 monthish ago and gm said they'd look into it, of course might take 2153523 years to fix but its certainily not intended.
    It took them allmost 2 months to make the wrathguard and fel succubus do equal damage to their non glyphed counterparts.
    imagine how long blizz will take to fix this simply cosmetic glyph...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You guys are arguing about something we don't even know.

Maybe they just don't want too much clutter and shit above people's heads everywhere and it has nothing to do with performance, but with not breaking whatever immersion there is left. The line of thought could have been, we already have one spec ingame with floaty balls, add to that another whole class and cities, groups and raids will start looking like a mess.

Of course me personally as a warlock - fuck all, I want my shards to be burning other people's eyes out if it was up to me, but the point is that there is a bigger picture to consider too.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck there is even good reason why it's only visible to warlock, these are souls, not physical entities really and only we can see such things, where as mage balls are actual manifested balls of fire floating there.
    except the fire mages orbs float over their heads, cant just go "fire mages allrready have it so we cant give it to others cause preformance" that is stupid, if its about preformance, remove the fire mage orbs
    also the warlock things are phyiscal entities, they are SOUL SHARDS phyiscal objects
    not just souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Honestly, while I don't play a Warlock anymore, I completely agree this should be fixed. There's no reason to have "cosmetics" in an MMO if others aren't going to be able to see them.

So, last night KJ dropped the Ember touched shards glyph pattern and the game wont let me learn it. (Yes I'm inscriptionist adn a warlock).

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    So, last night KJ dropped the Ember touched shards glyph pattern and the game wont let me learn it. (Yes I'm inscriptionist adn a warlock).
    Something similar happened to me. I had the ember shards pattern drop in 7.2.5. Once 7.3 hit it dropped again and I noticed that the glyph in my profession book was now the fel-touched shards. I still can't learn the second ember shards. I just chalked it up to 'I only know the one because I have green fire.' It's most likely a bug though.