Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WW aren't topping meters but they aren't at the bottom either.

BrM are one of the stronger tank options right now

Idk about MW personally but I haven't heard anything terrible about them

Deleted
    From the perspective of a great altoholic like me,Im always saying that monk is the best class in the game (if you dont care about min-maxing on pve progress).
    WW has the best gameplay that ever was in wow (imo ofc)
    BrM has also great gameplay and I feel its unique compared to the others

The only downside is the talents. Monks dont have talents. If you enjoy picking different things up every fight then forget monk. But we have perhaps the biggest spellbook in the game. My monk is the only class out of the 12 that im finding hard to fit the buttons to my ui. TL;DR we have a great toolkit (interupts,CC,mobility,teleports,heals,defensives,aoe,more aoe,even more aoe...)

To my own friends I always recommended them to play monk as an alt. If you care about pve progression is a whole different story though

well the theme of the monk is still the same, it just plays quite differently. are they in a good spot ? ofc, dont let player stigma tell you otherwise, maybe the healing spec lags a bit, but hasn't dropped off the face of the planet yet, the rest are more than ok if you just keep pressing the buttons in the right order

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    (...)
    you wrote an aggravating post on a poorly moderated forum and expected no backlash ? what rock are you living under ?

Quote Originally Posted by antico View Post
    you wrote an aggravating post on a poorly moderated forum and expected no backlash ? what rock are you living under ?
    Probably the one where discussing class system is not considered aggravating or the word "please" is not used sarcastically all the time. You're actually saying that my post is against the forum rules, really?

There is no "monk" in WoW. There are Windwalker, Brewmaster and Mistweaver. Please specify what you're interested in.
    This guy is kinda a jerk isnt he?

Monks are doing ok in the tank and healing department. The melee DPS is pretty meh. Although I have seen some people do really well with them. Don't buy into the whole "one of the worse melee specs" as "cannot even bring to raids/groups" ideal. They to sim lower than most so sure world first progression of extreme high end mythic progression not ideal. But for the other 90% of the game? Perfectly ok.

The tank option is pretty solid right now. It's powerful anti-spike damage, and a bit of self heal potential with latest tier. Mechanically, it's straightforward. ISB the important hits, PB when you have enough stagger, and keep tossing kegs and punches. It gives you a lot of leeway to get the feel of a fight and optimize brews and other odd things you can do. As for the "fun" factor of it, I'm heavily biased. I've played monk consistently since it came out. There is nothing Blizzard can do, change, or nerf to get me off of this class.

MW is the bottom healer but that doesn't mean as much as you think it would since healers are very close this tier, so differences rely more on skill and our lack of utility is just a meme, rather than how it was in EN + NH where MW was far behind because every other healer could do what MW did but better. As for PvP we're fantastic for RBGs.

I've heard WW to be middle of the pack and that it's not a competitive spec (that doesn't matter if you're just a non-mythic raider since you'll come across a lot of bad players who can't play their spec well anyway). For PvP I've only ever seen WW do well in 2s

I'm not a fan of BRM but it's currently one of the best tanks in PvE

Deleted
    Monk is a fun class and unless you want to play at the very top you'll always find a raid spot as long as you're capable and reliable.

That being said MW and WW are pretty fucking terrible lol.

Monk is the most fun in game and the most easiest to level, yep. Switching to Monk since mop from huntard, never turn back, ever. WW is easy to play, hard to pull full potential though, but you soon get there with effort and training i mean playing.

Try it!

WW monk is probably my favorite DPS class, but you need 1 or 2 of the good legendaries to compete. My monk is stuck w/ Sephuz, Prydaz, March of the Legion & Tanking ring (wrong loot spec early on) and I feel like I'm always behind. You need at least one of: bracers, boots, chest to compete.

Then again this is probably the case for many classes in Legion...

Our healers are 1x Paladin, 1x Druid, 1x Shaman, and 1x Monk. That much AOE healing is just great for raiding. While the monk cooldown isn't the best one around, it certainly isn't that far behind. MW monks are in a better spot than they were.

Our WW monks don't top the meters like they did in EN/TOV, but they still do well. To me it's clunky to play, but I'm not a good DPSer.

I tank/guild lead/raid lead for our raids. Originally I was prot Warrior throughout EN and TOV but when NH came out something felt really off. I switched to Brewmaster monk because I had heard it was fun to play. I instantly went from ready to quit the game to absolutely loving it. BrM's have a bit of mystery around them because they're the least played class/spec combo in the game (I think). You'll often find people not sure what you can tank. In NH we were absolute beasts, able to stagger 95% damage with talents and tier. Now we're a little more baseline, and they removed some of the 'fun' behind playing one - but I still can't imagine playing any other class.

WW monks are a TON of fun to play. We have a fast play-style that can be a little tricky to pick up and tough to master. If you care about topping the meters you might want to look somewhere else though.

A word of warning; If you have wrist issues, or think that you might, you might want to think about another dps class. WW has a lot of relevant abilities that are often utilized while doing content in very rapid succession. I am sure there are other that are as bad, but of the classes I play WW seems like the worst.

Can't speak for WW or MW, but BrM is fun, and powerful. It's not the -most- fun you can have as a tank, that award probably goes to Vengeance DH, but Monk definitely -is- fun. And it's also a powerful tank, right now. And probably never will be truly awful as long as it has stagger.

Deleted
    Probably the one where discussing class system is not considered aggravating or the word "please" is not used sarcastically all the time. You're actually saying that my post is against the forum rules, really?
    Could you please stop that? As far as I can tell you're not doing anything helpful here.

I play all three specs, and all three specs are fun. My most geared spec is windwalker. Admittedly, dps as a ww offers very little other than a complex rotation and positioning for seemingly little reward. If you're an ego driven player and want to top charts (I am) don't play wind walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Can't speak for WW or MW, but BrM is fun, and powerful. It's not the -most- fun you can have as a tank, that award probably goes to Vengeance DH, but Monk definitely -is- fun. And it's also a powerful tank, right now. And probably never will be truly awful as long as it has stagger.
    Speak for yourself ! x) DH is the least fun for me. Like dead last compared to all the others tanks I've played so far (except druid. Don't have one yet).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgus View Post
    I've always been interested in playing Monk and I'm thinking of picking it up this time around, how are they? Not just dps output, also play style.
    I normally dislike playing melee, but have enjoyed the playstyle of Windwalker during my questing to 110. Mistweaver was my goal and if I compare it with holy paladin then it's much much much more dynamic. It's also more engaging than holy priest but less complex than discipline priest. Restoration druid and Mistweaver are my favorite healer classes to play. Numberswise Mistweaver is also in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    I normally dislike playing melee, but have enjoyed the playstyle of Windwalker during my questing to 110. Mistweaver was my goal and if I compare it with holy paladin then it's much much much more dynamic. It's also more engaging than holy priest but less complex than discipline priest. Restoration druid and Mistweaver are my favorite healer classes to play. Numberswise Mistweaver is also in a good spot.
    If I didn't know better, I'd think I posted the above. I'm the same way on all points.

Deleted
    Mistweaver was my goal and if I compare it with holy paladin then it's much much much more dynamic.
    Have you tried pressing your buttons?

Numberswise Mistweaver is also in a good spot.
    Couldn't be further from the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    Have you tried pressing your buttons?

Couldn't be further from the truth.
    These are my impressions using my comparisons and my playstyles. If I feel that the monk is
    more dynamic than the holy paladin then I suggest you respect my subjective take on it. Being
    obnoxious about it serves little purpose.