Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loraenil View Post
    I mained a BDK all the way through MoP, and mythic progression in WoD. A tank's primary focus should and always will be mechanics unless you're in a WPvP situation.
    Weird. I remember that in MoP all tanks were glorified DPS trying to game vengeance to their best of their ability to gain more DPS. That was their "mechanic". I guess you missed that part in your "all the way through MoP".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

But, if you step out of that bubble it looks like you're in with ReD-EyeD
    Please don't associate these nice people with a scum like me. They're innocent.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Weird. I remember that in MoP all tanks were glorified DPS trying to game vengeance to their best of their ability to gain more DPS. That was their "mechanic". I guess you missed that part in your "all the way through MoP".
    Again, because you, along with two others fail to miss the key point in this unrelated discussion about tanking. A tank's primary focus should and always will be mechanics unless you're in a WPvP situation. DPS is not a tank's "mechanic." Lol

A tank does not join a raid group or a dungeon to DPS. Their primary focus is to make sure mechanics are not only followed, but the focus of the boss or mob they are encountering is on them rather than the healer and DPS.

And even more now, people fail to stick to the subject as they intensely try and justify their opinions on tanking, rather than focusing on the original OP's discussion on DPS. You would think this isn't like Trade Chat where morons sporadically spew out nonsense before they think, given that there is a submit button that you have to press before you finalize that decision to share your views with the world.

I'm super curious at this point because i've seen 3 users now who really aren't making any sense when they reply, as they have just proven. Do you morons just not think before you post a reply? If it's not a comprehension issue, it's stating false information. If it's neither of those, it's not sticking to the subject. Does your mind just wander aimlessly? Or do you literally just not take the time to read? It's like you literally just saw me post the only words that mattered to you, which was me tanking through MoP, and decided to question that semi-objectively. If you can't contribute to a conversation in an intelligent, and well thought out manner, just don't say anything. Lol

Do you morons just not think before you post a reply?
    Well, that escalated quickly.

I sifted through and found something to indicate that he was specifically talking about the WW Monk. What exactly is this, you say? Let's try his use of the commonly used acronym, "dps."
    I've always been interested in playing Monk and I'm thinking of picking it up this time around, how are they? Not just dps output, also play style.
    Did he, really ?
    You can even see in his later post :
    I'm thinking dps monk but like the option to tank or heal.
    So, to be honest, We can all agree it was kinda vague.
    1.) Each class has a spec, and defined as such under said spec is labeled "Tank" "Damage" and "Healing."
    2.) Given the fact he said "dps" I highly doubt he is referring to healing, thus leaves the difficult question. Is he talking about Tanking?
    3.) Read #1. Tanking isn't a DPS spec.
    Obviously, the primary focus in the tanking aspect. But you also need to know that their DPS contributes to a little more than 15% (and that's especially true in bolstering weeks), so I would say their DPS are greatly appreciated if they can kill adds faster. Forget about Mythic invitational, some of the tanks can even match the DPS specs.
    ReD-EyeD, I have made it my personal mission to tutor you in the complicated intricacies of comprehension.
    How about you drop off your high horse ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, because you, along with two others fail to miss the key point in this unrelated discussion about tanking. A tank's primary focus should and always will be mechanics unless you're in a WPvP situation. DPS is not a tank's "mechanic." Lol

A tank does not join a raid group or a dungeon to DPS. Their primary focus is to make sure mechanics are not only followed, but the focus of the boss or mob they are encountering is on them rather than the healer and DPS.

And even more now, people fail to stick to the subject as they intensely try and justify their opinions on tanking, rather than focusing on the original OP's discussion on DPS. You would think this isn't like Trade Chat where morons sporadically spew out nonsense before they think, given that there is a submit button that you have to press before you finalize that decision to share your views with the world.

I'm super curious at this point because i've seen 3 users now who really aren't making any sense when they reply, as they have just proven. Do you morons just not think before you post a reply? If it's not a comprehension issue, it's stating false information. If it's neither of those, it's not sticking to the subject. Does your mind just wander aimlessly? Or do you literally just not take the time to read? It's like you literally just saw me post the only words that mattered to you, which was me tanking through MoP, and decided to question that semi-objectively. If you can't contribute to a conversation in an intelligent, and well thought out manner, just don't say anything. Lol
    Well you are the one who barged in the thread to talk about tanking. So obviously we continued the discussion on it. And as it was pointed out it isn't out of topic for the thread at all.

It is you who is trying to intensely justify your PoV on tanking. And if you ask ANY competent player in this game they will agree with others here that DPS has been important for tanks historically. Especially MoP which you mentioned. And it continues to be to this day.

You view on tanking is very narrow. You imply only thing tank should do is stand in a right place with right mob(s) and stay alive. That is core of it yes but not the entire premise of it. In modern WoW tank damage is important part of tanking. In raids the importance is lesser than it is in dungeons, but it is still there.

Like for example on Kiljaeden mythic bears were extremely valuable for their damage on the DPS adds on p1/p2 because of their incarnation thrash spam. You think it wasn't their job to do so? Help the raid to get crucial damage on important adds?. I guess they didn't "get" what tanking really is about.

I know it may be inconceivable for you but as tank you can do BOTH mechanics well and do great DPS. Shocking I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    There is no "monk" in WoW. There are Windwalker, Brewmaster and Mistweaver. Please specify what you're interested in.
    There is a "monk" in WoW, it is the class. Obviously when someone ask how Monk is doing, they are referring to all specs. Why even make a comment like yours?

As far as the OP:
    Like others said, it is fun. It is pretty strong in open world, questing and PvP; however, it is a bit behind in PvE raiding (but not behind enough where you can't find a spot).

Deleted
    For future reference since there are still ppl confused by this.

Class = Monk
    Spec = WW/BrM/MW
    Role = DPS/Tank/Healer

OT: Monks aren't doing bad, it's just that other classes do better .

You should absolutely attempt to maximize dps as a tank. Ignoring it is a waste of a raid spot.
    Last edited by Mcbenchpress; 2017-11-26 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Personally i think Monk (especially WW) is the most fun class to play. You punch people to death while jumping around like crazy. What is not to love about that? :>

alot of people say monks are worst dps but WoWlogs say diffrent, who to trust? i see monks topping charts on some fights in the new raid tier, are these people just going off simcraft like its gospel or what?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/17 just look at this first fight, and somehow monks are considered the worst??? i dont know who to trust man, i just love monks playstyle so im going to play it regardless

Deleted
    WWs are at a very good spot atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    alot of people say monks are worst dps but WoWlogs say diffrent, who to trust? i see monks topping charts on some fights in the new raid tier, are these people just going off simcraft like its gospel or what?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/17 just look at this first fight, and somehow monks are considered the worst??? i dont know who to trust man, i just love monks playstyle so im going to play it regardless
    Simcraft is showing WW up there right now. If anything it's just public perception. WW is definitely strong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post

A lot of changes happened after that discussion. WW monks are in a very good place right now.

The playstyle is so fantastic I haven't worried about the dps portion. It's making a darn good alt. Windwalker with its "you can't use the same ability twice" plays snappy and I love flying around the battlefield with the rolls and flying serpent kicks. Most fun I've had since my demon hunter.

Tanking with the "stagger" mechanic is also very unique. Easily my favorite tank role of the bear druid, demon hunter, and monk I've played.

I really suck at healing so I'm not the best person to ask there. I still give it a shot in easier difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Monk is a blast. For WW, PvE combat is snappy and fun, and if you're aware of your surroundings you are rewarded for good play. There's been many times when I take on way too many mobs and then figure out a way to survive it all. In BGs it's a hoot as well. Decent flag carrier, good for chasing down FCs, and enough survivability to make your spot in the BG seem worthwhile and helpful. I think MW is fun to play as well in both PvE and PvP. If you know what you're doing in BGs you can completely dominate as MW. BrM is fairly foreign to me so I have no useful feedback for the spec.
    I don't high-end raid or do arena, so people who do so might have a different opinion than I have.

I presume it's a matter of taste and some people don't like monks,but WW monk gameplay wise is in the best spot ever.The most dynamic gameplay with a rotation,that actually requires focus and trains your memory. Also the mobility. I played a WW monk in MoP and WoD,and now im enjoying playing as one the most. Hope Blizzard doesn't remove the combo playstyle.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will change the combo playstyle. I can think of a few gameplay adjustments they can make, but really they are minor and mostly at lower level.