Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Interesting. Are you sure the person you are responding to isn't using Linux?
    Interesting. And what do you think situation is on Linux regarding VR?

Also, if someone uses Linux then I don't see how that someone could bash windows. Linux is basically stone age regarding desktop - audio stack, despite countless rewrites of OSS > ALSA > OSS4 > ALSA > PULSEAUDIO (somewhere there was JACK) is super shit. And you wanna know about Linux graphics stack? Well if video drivers crash, they take down X server with them. And X server, in turn, takes down ALL OPEN GUI applications. And if you have two monitors - put one application between two monitors (left side of app is on one monitor, right side - on the other) - you think you will have vSync here? LOL NO. Yes, really, Linux desktop is that primitive, I'm not making this shit up. It's not your Windows Vista (or 7, 8, 10) where you see black screen for one second and continue on doing what you were doing.
    Last edited by ldev; 2017-08-03 at 12:23 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Does this obnoxious thing drive anyone else crazy?

The windows 10-anniversary update has the most annoying start menu I've ever experienced. It's so minding boggling-ly bad I ended up paying money to Stardock for start10 to get a normal non cluttered, not alphabtized menu. What on earth are those microsoft people thinking.

Mine is customized already and I love it.

can actually do everything your windows desktop can and then some.
    I just told you what Linux cannot do that Windows can. Seriously?..

Can in not take down all X applications when video drivers crash? No, but Windows can.
    Can it apply vSync to one window that is on two separate monitors? No, but Windows can.

Seriously?.. Are you like actually fucking serious or just trolling? Because if you are serious - bad news buddy, you're a linux zealot that ignores facts and praises Stallman and goes "LINUX THE BEST AND PERFECT".
    Last edited by ldev; 2017-08-03 at 12:47 PM.

Never said linux was perfect, just that your idea that it is somehow terribly flawed is incorrect. And who the fuck cares about Vsync?
    I dunno, 100% - (linux market share)% people, so over 98%. lul

vSync was one example. Don't hang up on it so much.

ROFLMAO. I use windows at home and haven't used Vsync in at least a decade. I know many people like me who don't use vsync and couldn't care less about it. At work my linux machine is far superior to a windows system for the things I do.
    My windows machine is far superior to a linux system for the things I do.

ROFLMAO. That's not even an argument. Try finding a cure for zealotry, bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Do people actually use the start menu in windows?

Ever since Win 7 I've just had all the programs i regularly use on auto-start and whatever else I need I just hit the Win key and start typing the name and hit enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Windows user problems. Majority of my PCs run Linux and the UI's never come close to that craziness.
    That is funny, given Linux has the only one design for the Start menu which cannot be changed in any way (except hiding individual items).

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right, let's stop this here.

Thread has quickly derailed into a Windows vs. Linux debate and people bashing each other in regards to what alphabetical order is. Neither are productive, nor do they answer the OPs question.

@prwraith: You can customize a lot of the Win10 start menu. I would suggest you look at those options. Some people did provide some useful examples.

/closed
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara