Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azhara

228 50.22%
  • Lich king

226 49.78%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That was my point :3
    I may have lost the sarcasm vibe when I read "200% canonical material" and thought about Velen's vision technically being "canon". But yeah, all the deep and mysterious meanings attached to it by the playerbase always make the difference. Like the people giving for granted that Anduin was destinied to be pally because The Vision shown some hardened paladin then shifted to Anduin. Bam, connection made (even though it was clearly Turalyon and 7.3 is confirming that but whatever).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I may have lost the sarcasm.
    you have lost your sarcasm since you changed your troll identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

pre skip Malfurion has better feats than Azshara anyway lol.

Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    you have lost your sarcasm since you changed your troll identity.
    Plot twist: my identity never changed.

It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair, it's not entirely clear who the Lich King of the vision is, only that he's stronger than both Arthas and Ner'zhul ever were.
    Is is really not clear ? That vision clearly shown us some trouble...brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is is really not clear ? That vision clearly shown us some trouble...brewing.
    Lich King is obvious pawn in that vision, a broken tool meant to entertain Azeroth while the master is busy conquering all multiverses.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    LK imo
    Azsharah wast exactly impressive, neither in Cata nor in Legion. Also, the thing what made her so powerful back in WoA was the well of eternity,which is gone.
    I agree with this. Azshara is very lame these days. Arthas is far superior.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Arugal - Alliance

Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What do you mean depending on whether you put any stock into Velen's vision? I thought it's 200% canonical material and in 400% is about Bolvar?
    I needed to put a caveat there, in case certain people wanted to act like a sperg again.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Until Queen Azshara actually does something very impressive in game or in a cutscene. Gonna have to go with the Lich King here. I used to think either Archimonde or Kil'jaeden would mop the floor with the Lich King but WoD and Legion changed that. I think the Lich King is around Archimonde and Kil'jaedens level. Our champions weren't able to defeat the Lich King. Illidan also couldn't defeat Arthas pre Lich King fusion. But we could defeat Kil'jaeden with Khagdar, Velen, and Illidan's help. We are much stronger now but I think we'll still need help from 3 strong npcs in order to beat the Lich King.

Scourge vs Azshara's army could go either way. Assuming it's just her forces alone without the aid from faceless ones and the Old Gods. I'll say she still has a chance. Her army would mostly be the countless nagas, naga hybrids, and whatever other sea monster she has. The Undead don't need to breathe but if the Scourge sends a huge amount of troops underwater than I can see Azshara's army making short work of them since they'll have the speed and strength advantage underwater. If it's the other way around where Azshara sends a huge force to surround Northrend and attack Ice Crown Citadel then she better made sure the invasion is successful on the first assault or else the Scourge would just raise a bunch of them, gaining additional troops afterwards.

So to recap - Lich King vs Azshara = Lich King winning for now.....Scourge vs Naga - could go both way with the Scourge having more of a advantage overall.

I do hope they make Azshara and her naga army extremely impressive when their time comes.

Deleted
    Can Naga be turned undead?

Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen. How can he be equal to Kil'Jeden?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen. How can he be equal to Kil'Jeden?
    Lich-King is considered one of the most powerful creatures on Azeroth. It is written in the chronicles. And about Lei Shen - it says there if the army is against the army - Lich King will win. For now, to compare LK not at the peak of power, but as a Necromancer without tokens - LK can lose a lot, but in the chronicles it is put on stage 1 with a Nzoth. Azshara - paw.
    LK = Nzoth > Аzshara

Quote Originally Posted by Malamat View Post
    Lich-King is considered one of the most powerful creatures on Azeroth. It is written in the chronicles. And about Lei Shen - it says there if the army is against the army - Lich King will win. For now, to compare LK not at the peak of power, but as a Necromancer without tokens - LK can lose a lot, but in the chronicles it is put on stage 1 with a Nzoth. Azshara - paw.
    LK = Nzoth > Аzshara
    You're a necromancer aswell mate.

Reminder to all those saying "LK was god tier":

Azshara held back a tidal wave that was miles high for some time. Arthas had to run from forsaken with catapults because he couldnt clear some green dust away from himself.

Cherrypicking your examples doesnt matter. This game is DBZ tier- each threat eclipses the last ad infinitum. As soon as one threat runs out your newly most-powerful-ever hero suddenly remembers about a huge threat that everyone forgot about until 5 minutes after you defeated the last major threat everyone forgot about. That's how things with no end work. I'm sure there's a few one piece fans out there who understand that bad threat writing can extend a story by 1000 episodes. The real argument is "who is the cooler/more threatening villain in your eyes"

Edit: Also a complicating factor is the unclear nature of the question. Is the eternally bound essence of Ner'zhul, Arthas and the Frozen Throne within the helmet considered the Lich King? Or are you saying the Corporeal body of Arthas Menethis merged with the Helmet containing the essences bound to the throne is what the Lich King is for this question? Because the Physical body definitely is weaker, while the actual essence of the Lich King- Being immortal, required to exist to bind the scourge, timeless, all consuming, titan-lieutenant created and such may be such a macguffin than you cant say anything is stronger than it, because its a force of existence/fact of life itself. Its like asking if elemental fire or air is stronger, when both feed each others existence.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 2019-04-27 at 11:43 AM.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What has Azshara actually done? We’ve heard lots of people talk about her power but the only time we’ve seen it in action was when she held back the Tsunami for a few minutes. Something Jaina could probably do with her human potential alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What has Azshara actually done? We’ve heard lots of people talk about her power but the only time we’ve seen it in action was when she held back the Tsunami for a few minutes. Something Jaina could probably do with her human potential alone.
    Unless it was a tsunami of Thalens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

One touch of Frostmourne on her and her soul is gone.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Arthas (with Frostmourne and all absorbed souls) >> Azshara
    Bolvar (w/o Frostmourne) << Azshara

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    One touch of Frostmourne on her and her soul is gone.
    i've always wondered if that meant that demonic souls cannot be captured in runeblades, since getting struck by frostmourne didn't take illidan's soul.

but yeah though, cute old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamat View Post
    LK = Nzoth > Аzshara
    Where in the chronicles is it stated that the Lich King rivals N'zoth?
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.