451. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azhara

226 50.11%
  • Lich king

225 49.89%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Azshara in a 1v1 and the naga is probably one of the few factions that could defeat the scourge, they could be inmune to undeath for all we know, there isn't any naga present as some zombie and doubt Arthas wouldn't raise one to get intel about Azshara and the old gods
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=1491/zanzil-naga Undead naga are literally in the game since Vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=1491/zanzil-naga Undead naga are literally in the game since Vanilla
    I see, even so can we count the faceless? Because they seem to be part of the naga army and Azshara's sugar daddy probably will interfere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

You can never beat death and its King...
    The sands of time have run out, Son of Durotan, The cries of war echo upon the winds, The remnants of the past scar the land, which is besieged once again by conflict...
    Heroes arise to challenge fate and lead their brethren to battle, As mortal armies rush blindly towards their doom, The Burning Shadow comes to consume us all.

What the hell is up with the wotlk babies? Could you please stop to glorify this shitty expansion only because you started your wow career then? It's hilarious
    The lich king is ofc much weaker than Azshara
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

The power of the Lich King is too much overrated, plus he/she is a mere pawn of someone else. Arthas got a cool xpac, for sure, but he was the most pathetic Lich King and could never stand the might of Azshara.
    Neither Bolvar or even Ner'zhul could.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What the hell is up with the wotlk babies? Could you please stop to glorify this shitty expansion only because you started your wow career then? It's hilarious
    If Wotlk was a "shitty expansion" than everything after it is beyond terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If Wotlk was a "shitty expansion" than everything after it is beyond terrible.
    Ulduar is basically the only cool part of the whole xpac.
    Too easy heroics, remade naxx, crappy tend raid, wintergraps,... Sorry but no - looking from vanilla to BFA - wotlk is still the worst xpac combined with wod.
    And on topic: if Azshara can compete with kiljaeden how could arthas compete with Azshara?
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

As far as power goes, the Burning Crusade is probably something like: Sargeras > Kil'jaeden / Archimonde > Gul'dan > Lich King > The Rest. Meanwhile the Black Empire is more like: N'zoth > Xal'atath > Azshara > Yogg > C'thun > The Rest. So in that setup, Azshara is essentially on par with Gul'dan. She would defeat the Lich King.
    "For years now I've found it to be a such a strange honor to be followed around the internet by expert interpreters, who take plain words in English and replace them with other, more loaded words in English." - Posted by Zarhym

Too easy heroics, remade naxx, crappy tend raid, wintergraps,... Sorry but no - looking from vanilla to BFA - wotlk is still the worst xpac combined with wod.
    I don't care if you are male or female: MARRY ME, PLEASE!!!

P.s. Heirlooms are also pretty cool..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-04-29 at 09:25 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

And on topic: if Azshara can compete with kiljaeden how could arthas compete with Azshara?
    Well you can have your opinion but you are in the extreme minority. There's a reason WoW was at it's peak popularity in Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Well you can have your opinion but you are in the extreme minority. There's a reason WoW was at it's peak popularity in Wotlk.
    Yes the reason was that the whole thing snowballed/skyrocketed/chain reacted from vanilla until late BC and everyone and his mom (literally) wanted to play world of Warcraft. Then the next xpac came and everyone and his mom bought wotlk. And as far as I remember, after the initial mega buyout the subscriptions started to decline for the first time, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I don't care if you are male or female: MARRY ME, PLEASE!!!

P.s. Heirlooms are also pretty cool..
    Lol! xD
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-04-29 at 10:17 AM.
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

As death knights we have some spells to defend ourselfs from magic. Our armors made from saronite which gives us more resiliance against magic. The LK should have superior spells compared to the dk anti magic things since he gave us powers on the first hand. Then again, The lich king killed the 25 strongest champion on azeroth then freezed Tirion. He only lost after he let his guard down to ashbringer.

Azshara is one of the most powerful being who ever existed on azeroth, and now she is empowered by N'zoth. I can see this battle goes either way, but experience is on Azshara's side.

Then again In a battle Lei Shen could defeat Arthas on 1v1 , but the Scourge would defeat the Thunder King's army.

Hard to say. There was the whole thing in War of the Ancients where Mannoroth tried to get smart with Azshara (thinking her to be some weak/frail night elf) and got put in his place by her, then the "he realized that only Kil'jaeden could've matched her" line. But this was 10,000 years ago, and Azshara wasn't empowered by an Old God at the time.

I'm not sure there are any lore example that describe how Kil'jaeden would stack up against full power Lich King. LK is obviously no longer under KJ's control at that point, but I wonder how a 1v1 between those two would go?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The Lich King is not weaker than Lei Shen expansion order does not determine power of the big bad. Arthas killed us all and was only defeated by a literal act of god. Kil'jaeden feared his power which is why he ordered Illidan to destroy him and he was way more powerful than Mannaroth.

Lei Shen was powerful but he struggled to defeat a wild god for days hes not that powerful.
    Afrasiabi said that Thunder King would easily beat up Lich King 1vs1 but Scourge would destroy his mogu army.

Yes the reason was that the whole thing snowballed/skyrocketed/chain reacted from vanilla until late BC and everyone and his mom (literally) wanted to play world of Warcraft. Then the next xpac came and everyone and his mom bought wotlk. And as far as I remember, after the initial mega buyout the subscriptions started to decline for the first time, or am I wrong?
    Nope, subs didn't start to decline until after Cata came out.

Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Based on? The only things we know about Azshara is that:
    1) She is stronger than Mannoroth, but weaker than Archimonde or Kil'jaeden
    2) She is weak to water-type pokemon

It's the silliest thing in WoW lore. People have been hyping Azshara for literally 10 years, and her accomplishments can be counted on one hand.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    Tough one, but I still go for LK, Azshara is incredibly powerful but I doubt her magic alone would stop him.

We are talking about the guy who shit stomped Dalaran and Quel'thalas the two most powerful magic kingdoms to ever exist (second only to Disney).

He made Jaina run like a little girl in halls of reflection, sure she wasn't that powerful but still is a pretty good comparison when it comes to magi.

And let's face it, people love to bring up the whole Lei Sheng thing but he was like a God and in a one on one fight.

The Lich King had the strongest army in Azeroth and if he stays in Icecrown has the terrain advantage, the Scourge has destroyed civilizations (the Nerubian) much more powerful than the Naga.

He is a strategist, proved to be better than the most powerful factions of Azeroth together, and the only item that could defeat him is now gone, basically with the whole "there must always be a Lich King" deal, even if he is defeated the Armageddon clock goes to zero.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2019-04-30 at 04:06 AM.
    Ah, you think there is bias for ally? You merely adopted the faction bias. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see alliance have a nice thing until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Tough one, but I still go for LK, Azshara is incredibly powerful but I doubt her magic alone would stop him.

We are talking about the guy who shit stomped Dalaran and Quel'thalas the two most powerful magic kingdoms to ever exist (second only to Disney).

He made Jaina run like a little girl in halls of reflection, sure she wasn't that powerful but still is a pretty good comparison when it comes to magi.

And let's face it, people love to bring up the whole Lei Sheng thing but he was like a God and in a one on one fight.

The Lich King had the strongest army in Azeroth and if he stays in Icecrown has the terrain advantage, the Scourge has destroyed civilizations (the Nerubian) much more powerful than the Naga.

He is a strategist, proved to be better than the most powerful factions of Azeroth together, and the only item that could defeat him is now gone, basically with the whole "there must always be a Lich King" deal, even if he is defeated the Armageddon clock goes to zero.
    How did you determine that nerubians who renounced the Old Gods are more powerful than the nagas with the support of N'zot?
    His army was not so strong, in the Chronicles (did anyone in this forum forum read it?) it was explicitly stated that he could not seize Azeroth by force and that the Horde and Alliance could have killed him in the Battle of the Wrathgate
    People have a habit of overestimating the power of the Lich King

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    How did you determine that nerubians who renounced the Old Gods are more powerful than the nagas with the support of N'zot?
    His army was not so strong, in the Chronicles (did anyone in this forum forum read it?) it was explicitly stated that he could not seize Azeroth by force and that the Horde and Alliance could have killed him in the Battle of the Wrathgate
    People have a habit of overestimating the power of the Lich King
    I don't really recall where, but I've read Nerubians (probably the NPCs that gave you quests for the dungeons) had one of the hugest empires in Azeroth and for the Scourge to destroy and consume it it's a pretty good indicator. I don't see how this being empower by a old God be a thing, to this day everyone that was just ate dirt like the others who don't *cough* Deathwing *cough* Qiraj *cough* Klaxxi

And even in game it was clear, like I said he is an strategist, his whole plan was to draw Azeroth most powerful factions to Northrend to consume and empower from their lost.

Wrathgate was completely stupid, he had not reason whatsoever to go there and he pretty much ate the horde commander ass and would to the same to Bolvar.

I don't treat the Lich King like a God, he is a really powerful death knight with the most powerful and loyal army ever, and judging by the Scourge feats of strength (which are many) I really doubt he could lose.

You are the OP, if you didn't believe LK to be up to pair with Azshara why did you proposed this discussion in the first place?
    Ah, you think there is bias for ally? You merely adopted the faction bias. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see alliance have a nice thing until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

I'd go for Lich King by far.

Lich King 1 on 1 has no major strength aside from the fact that he can absorb souls into the Frostmourne (which he doesnt have anymore but may have the strength to build, since in Legion he helps you build the two runeblades) while Azshara itself has never been shown to have any major strength aside from an EXTREMELY vast magic power.

Both are extreme intelligent, both have almost endless armies, while Azshara has an old god patron which may cause her to become and even greater threat... Lich King has command of the undead and can raise almost everything to become part of his army, if there was an open war between the Scourge and Azshara's Empire... every single being killed by the Scourge could potentially be raised to fight against Azshara so eventually he has more odds to win the war.
    Also the Lich King and The Scourge alredy have experience dealing with Nagas (Vashj nagas which helped Illidan on the Icecrown battle in the Frozen Throne), so even if there are no currently rised Nagas... potentially he might have experimented with them without us knowing it (like he did with other fallen people of that battle like the San'layn).

On Azshara's behalf... i must say that while the Nagas are probably the biggest living army in the world (speculation), they are not that impressive... in Cataclysm you can see how she requires the help of the void minions to take control of that Vashj'ir zone from the Kvaldir, which technically speaking, are the weakest vrykul-kind in the world.
    Nonetheless... she herself had enough power for Mannoroth to think only Archimonde and Sargeras could beat her (which technically speaking means she is stronger than Kil'Jaeden), im not sure if undeads could harm her... but eventually Lich King might be able to just raise the whole both armies combined (Scourge + Naga people) against herself and she might end up losing as the original Ashbringer wielder did... just out of strength.