Poll: Azhara or Arthas

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Queen Azshara vs Lich king

Well, apparently the Lich King will easily destroy Garrosh
    And what about Azshara? Provided that Azshara has Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides

LK imo
    Azsharah wast exactly impressive, neither in Cata nor in Legion. Also, the thing what made her so powerful back in WoA was the well of eternity,which is gone.

Let me remind you that Azshara almost drowned in the water of the Well of Eternity, where it was described that the water had sprinkled her lungs. So in fact it should be much more powerful than before, not to mention the strengthening of the Old Gods. Xavius, too, was strong because of the Well of Eternity, but after the strengthening of N'Zotom, he became many times stronger even without the Well. N'Zot's buffs are really powerful.

It was also established that Lei Shen would defeat Arthas 1v1 so take it from there.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Azshara's power is up to speculation and she is heavily overrated.

Lich King wins this until Azshara gets some feats.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two things.

First: We know that Azshara is powerful, but we have no idea how. She never engaged someone we know in modern history. We can't gauge her power. No way to know her Ki. She's simply "Powerful".
    Second: How far away is The Lich King from the Frozen Throne? He's very powerful there. But still, he was defeated by some heroes and a Paladin with a weapon blessed to counter him.

Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen
    And Azshara could make Mannoroth strangle himself, and she became stronger than before.

Wasn't Azshara more magically powerful than Mannoroth level demons 10 thousand years ago? before she got Old God Buffs and 10k years to hone her magical abilities even further?

I think it's similar to vs Lei Shen, Azshara could beat the Lich King personally but I think the Scourge as a whole would defeat her army, especially since they can just raise every Naga they kill to fight for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen
    And Azshara could make Mannoroth strangle himself, and she became stronger than before.
    The Lich King is not weaker than Lei Shen expansion order does not determine power of the big bad. Arthas killed us all and was only defeated by a literal act of god. Kil'jaeden feared his power which is why he ordered Illidan to destroy him and he was way more powerful than Mannaroth.

Lei Shen was powerful but he struggled to defeat a wild god for days hes not that powerful.

What kind of funboy of Arthas? Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen, these words are BLIZZARD. Um, Xuen is one of the strongest wild gods. He or Malorne will easily defeat Arthas. Kil'jaeden was not afraid of the Lich King, he was infuriated by betrayal. If he could personally enter Azeroth, he would easily destroy him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Wasn't Azshara more magically powerful than Mannoroth level demons 10 thousand years ago? before she got Old God Buffs and 10k years to hone her magical abilities even further?

I think it's similar to vs Lei Shen, Azshara could beat the Lich King personally but I think the Scourge as a whole would defeat her army, especially since they can just raise every Naga they kill to fight for them.
    I agree Scourge against Naga-Scourge easily wins. But here the whip against the forces of the Old Gods(in the times of Cataclysm), then this is an easy victory of the forces of the Old Gods.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the naga were bigger in number than the (wotlk-era) scourge. The ocean is big. Need I say more?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on whose field the battle is on. Though Would Arthas be strong enough to Freeze/Corrupt enough WAter around her to effectively destroy her armies and advantage?

Deleted
    That moment when LK is the only one who wiped out azeroth forces with ease
    Azjol'Nerub and some settlements in Northrend
    Lordaeron= Biggest human power at the time
    Quel'Thalas= Also one of the biggest power while everyone else is dead.
    The heroes of Azeroth (Only villian to actully kil us but Deux ex machina shit)
    Saying that the Scourge isn't allowed to help LK is like saying azshara is only allowed to fist fight him. It's part of his power, deal with it.

So far gamewise or even lorewise it seems like LK/ The Scourge has been the only true threat to azeroth. Even without LK the scourge could go rampage and kil everything.
    Last edited by mmocb6793864d0; 2017-07-29 at 09:55 PM.

If you give Arthas the Scourge, then I give Azshara completely free N'zot, Deathwing and the whole army of the ancient gods at the time of the Cataclysm

The Lich King has powers that have been documented as comparable to a god, but Azshara is merely listed on the demi-god scale. Either way I don't think it's much of a contest. An endless wave of undeath or even just a minor exposure to the plague isn't something Azshara can deal with, to our knowledge.

Azshara vs Garrosh would probably be a more interesting fight.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    If you give Arthas the Scourge, then I give Azshara completely free N'zot, Deathwing and the whole army of the ancient gods at the time of the Cataclysm
    why deathwing and all the ancient gods? they weren't a team with azshara, while arthas directly controls and raises the scourge, this is like saying oh well since the legion gave LK his powers, arthas gets the entire burning legion as well.

thats just stupid.

in before ppl saying the burning legion is nothing we're about to destroy it, yeh and as soon as an azshara xpac comes along we'll walk all over her as well, gameplay really means nothing here we always win in the end.

This is very similar to a Thunder King vs Lich King situation.

I think Azshara would win in a 1v1 match. Tirion Fordring already proved us that Lich King isn't that strong outside his power source, the Frozen Throne. And he is also a melee runeblade user, which is I think is the main reason he wont be able to keep up with the single most powerful spellcaster in Azeroth. His real power comes from his always growing army, not his physical power.

Azshara is also said to be on par with Kil'jaeden/Archimonde in power levels (pre Well of Eternity-choking and Naga-turning). And Kil'jaeden created the Lich King so... yeah.

Deleted
    There were challenge ratings circling around a few years ago, i think they were not canon but i find them interesting. The Lich King was 50 on the scale and Azshara was 52 iirc. Neptulon and Archimonde were also 50.

I voted for The Lich King because i think he has vastly surpassed what Kil'Jaeden intended for him and now has a connection directly to the necromantic domain that was shown on the cosmic forces map from chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    There were challenge ratings circling around a few years ago, i think they were not canon but i find them interesting. The Lich King was 50 on the scale and Azshara was 52 iirc. Neptulon and Archimonde were also 50.

I voted for The Lich King because i think he has vastly surpassed what Kil'Jaeden intended for him and now has a connection directly to the necromantic domain that was shown on the cosmic forces map from chronicles.
    This was in the RPG book, in three levels of power, Malorne is superior to Archimonde, and Aman'Thul is superior to Sargeras
    This is not a canon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    why deathwing and all the ancient gods? they weren't a team with azshara, while arthas directly controls and raises the scourge, this is like saying oh well since the legion gave LK his powers, arthas gets the entire burning legion as well.

thats just stupid.

in before ppl saying the burning legion is nothing we're about to destroy it, yeh and as soon as an azshara xpac comes along we'll walk all over her as well, gameplay really means nothing here we always win in the end.
    What nonsense? Scourge and Legion are enemies. But Azshara, like Deathwing, serves the Old Gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The Lich King has powers that have been documented as comparable to a god, but Azshara is merely listed on the demi-god scale. Either way I don't think it's much of a contest. An endless wave of undeath or even just a minor exposure to the plague isn't something Azshara can deal with, to our knowledge.

Azshara vs Garrosh would probably be a more interesting fight.
    You wot mate...

People seriously overrate the Lich King.