Poll: Azhara or Arthas

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    What nonsense? Scourge and Legion are enemies. But Azshara, like Deathwing, serves the Old Gods.
    Neltharion was corrupted by the old gods, i missed the part where he teamed up with azshara or had anything to do with her.

and nonsense? it was about as connected as your statement that aszhara comes with deathwing and all the old gods, well KJ made the LK so thats the weaksauce connection to the legion, like your weaksauce connection with all the old gods.

Azshara distracted Malfurion in the Dark Shores so that he would not interfere with Ragnaros in Hyjal. They all serve the Old Gods.
    Legion and Scourge are enemies.
    And I still can not understand the stupidity of your argument about the fact that the Lich King can not fight without the Scourge. In Icecrown Citadel, he completely fights alone, occasionally summoning minions, as well as near the Light's Hope Chapel.

Deleted
    Depends on the situation.

Azshara controls the sea and water she can just put a large amout of rang attacks.
    Ofc the Lich King can freeze the water but in what amount that is the question.

Azshara distracted Malfurion in the Dark Shores so that he would not interfere with Ragnaros in Hyjal. They all serve the Old Gods.
    And I still can not understand the stupidity of your argument about the fact that the Lich King can not fight without the Scourge. In Icecrown Citadel, he completely fights alone, occasionally summoning minions, as well as near the Light's Hope Chapel.
    you're getting too goddamn worked up over this, it's cringey

what crack you smoking?

at lights hope you literally have like 30000 scourge or something in numbers attacking in the DK scenario, yup seems alone.

and icecrown he summons shambler's and ghouls, valkyrs and souls.

If you give Arthas the Scourge, then I give Azshara completely free N'zot, Deathwing and the whole army of the ancient gods at the time of the Cataclysm
    Ok, then Arthas gets the full use of Ner'Zhuls powers as a warlock and the full might of the Burning Legion from Sarg on down....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Ok, then Arthas gets the full use of Ner'Zhuls powers as a warlock and the full might of the Burning Legion from Sarg on down....
    What kind of heresy are you talking about? Scourge and Legion-Enemies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    what crack you smoking?

at lights hope you literally have like 30000 scourge or something in numbers attacking in the DK scenario, yup seems alone.

and icecrown he summons shambler's and ghouls, valkyrs and souls.
    I mean, after defeating the DC, he fought quite well with Tirion 1 on 1
    And I mentioned that he causes a small number of servants in the Icecrown Citadel
    And yet this is a battle for 1 to 1. And Azshara will destroy him

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It was also established that Lei Shen would defeat Arthas 1v1 so take it from there.
    this, imo, gives us a bit of an example of where quite a few people are.

some of the ancients were capable of beating pitlords. mannoroth was the leader and strongest of the pitlords. azshara was stronger than mannoroth. lei shen was stronger than xuen, who is likely weaker than malorne or cenarius, and probably comparable or weaker than ashamane. ashamane died to a pitlord.

so that means that lei shen is possibly comparable to azshara in power, or even weaker than her at her height. so azshara would shitstomp arthas.

Queen Azshara. Easy.

You guys should already know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorn View Post
    That moment when LK is the only one who wiped out azeroth forces with ease
    Azjol'Nerub and some settlements in Northrend
    Lordaeron= Biggest human power at the time
    Quel'Thalas= Also one of the biggest power while everyone else is dead.
    The heroes of Azeroth (Only villian to actully kil us but Deux ex machina shit)
    Saying that the Scourge isn't allowed to help LK is like saying azshara is only allowed to fist fight him. It's part of his power, deal with it.

So far gamewise or even lorewise it seems like LK/ The Scourge has been the only true threat to azeroth. Even without LK the scourge could go rampage and kil everything.
    The Legion was FAR FAR Worse. We only didn't die during that time, due to us being the new "Big boys", hence gaining plot device.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The power of the Scourge lies in their ability to turn their enemies' numbers against them. While the Lich King is certainly extremely powerful, his power lies primarily in his armies. Azshara eclipses Mannoroth in power, and the only members of the Legion that are beyond her in power are Archimonde and Sargeras- or rather, that was her power level 10,000 years ago.

Not to mention, we need to put how they fight into account! Azshara is a powerful mage, whereas Arthas' magic is far more limited in that regard and his personal power lies more in melee combat. In melee combat, Arthas could certainly prove dangerous, but with sufficient space between them, Arthas would not be able to lay a finger on Azshara unless able to close the distance quickly, and I don't see that happening unless, perhaps, he's mounted.
    Last edited by The5thVegetable; 2017-07-30 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The Lich King has powers that have been documented as comparable to a god, but Azshara is merely listed on the demi-god scale. Either way I don't think it's much of a contest. An endless wave of undeath or even just a minor exposure to the plague isn't something Azshara can deal with, to our knowledge.

Azshara vs Garrosh would probably be a more interesting fight.
    No. No he fucking doesn't. You over-rate him. If The LK is as strong as he was, then he would've done so much more. Just because he killed us in the past, doesn't mean he can do the same now. Hell, we're a killing a Titan this expansion, while also sealing Sargeras. I don't think he's "Scary" anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    The power of the Scourge lies in their ability to turn their enemies' numbers against them. While the Lich King is certainly extremely powerful, his power lies primarily in his armies. Azshara eclipses Mannoroth in power, and the only members of the Legion that are beyond her in power are Archimonde and Sargeras- or rather, that was her power level 10,000 years ago.

Not to mention, we need to put how they fight into account! Azshara is a powerful mage, whereas Arthas' magic is far more limited in that regard and his persona power lies more in melee combat. In melee combat, Arthas could certainly prove dangerous, but with sufficient space between them, Arthas would not be able to lay a finger on Azshara unless able to close the distance quickly, and I don't see that happening unless, perhaps, he's mounted.
    ^
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara was a boss millennia ago and has had lifetimes of experience and knowledge over LK. She's chatted it up with a Dark Titan and an Old God(s). She had pit lords, eredar, and Hell on her front lawn looking all scary and her response was "Don't try me." The Lich King doesn't have anything that'll make her flinch. Make way for the queen.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-07-29 at 11:59 PM.

Is the lore forum really the place for a "who would win in a fight" thread? It's pure speculation and will just descend into fanboyism. The Lich King didn't use his full power and Azshara's true power is unknown.

If she managed to destroy the Tidestone, a titan relic, from hundreds (thousands?) of miles away, I'm fairly certain she could handle a breaking a blade made by dreadlords.

Azshara was almost as powerful (if not as powerful) as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden during WotA - both more powerful than Arthas.
    Not to mention she has been magnified by an Old God.

Azshara wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It was also established that Lei Shen would defeat Arthas 1v1 so take it from there.
    Before or after Lei Shen's (first) death? (IIRC, he wasn't as powerful in MoP as he was in his prime)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-30 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    No. No he fucking doesn't. You over-rate him. If The LK is as strong as he was, then he would've done so much more. Just because he killed us in the past, doesn't mean he can do the same now. Hell, we're a killing a Titan this expansion, while also sealing Sargeras. I don't think he's "Scary" anymore.
    Many Blizzard texts (such as the Warcraft III manual) refer to him as the "godlike Lich King".
    The Warcraft Encyclopedia, meanwhile, would understand Queen Azshara to be demi-god.

Many Blizzard texts (such as the Warcraft III manual) refer to him as the "godlike Lich King".
    The Warcraft Encyclopedia, meanwhile, would understand Queen Azshara to be demi-god.
    You clearly troll, but I still answer
    If Arthas is equal to the gods in power, then why is he weaker than Lei Shen, who is only a demigod?

The Warcraft 3 manual's now Non-canon. Nowadays, we read from the chronicles.

Also, he's only god-like to the REGULAR Mortals, not to Dragons, Old Gods, Demons, or to people as powerful as Azshara. He's only God-like to guys like Bolvar, and so forth. AKA, The weaker boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, God-like doesn't mean that he's a God. He's a man with God-like abilities. So, he should also be "Demi-god" lvl as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly troll, but I still answer
    If Arthas is equal to the gods in power, then why is he weaker than Lei Shen, who is only a demigod?
    Not just that, but wasn't it stated that Lei Shen was so strong, as to where he rivaled the Prime-designate of the Titan Keepers? If that's the case, then The LK isn't gonna win shit here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Is the lore forum really the place for a "who would win in a fight" thread? It's pure speculation and will just descend into fanboyism. The Lich King didn't use his full power and Azshara's true power is unknown.
    It can be. as long as it's relevant to the Lore.

What kind of funboy of Arthas? Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen, these words are BLIZZARD. Um, Xuen is one of the strongest wild gods. He or Malorne will easily defeat Arthas. Kil'jaeden was not afraid of the Lich King, he was infuriated by betrayal. If he could personally enter Azeroth, he would easily destroy him.
    exactly. I'm not sure where people go about super under estimating wild gods. No wild god came up against Arthas... and the undead curse the legion forged in the battle of Suramar in the war of the ancients, and that effort was defeated by elven magic and wild gods, no night elf empire mages, wild gods or dragons around when the undead plague was tailored for humans, - it is very likely Azshara's army would not fall to the scourge as they would have magical counters and other tricks up their sleeves.

Elves are notoriously difficult to raise as undead anyway, unless that's been retconned.. I assumed it was because of their purer levels/degrees of health and magical imbuement (made from the arcane, blessed by Elune/Light, infused with either the Sunwell or the Well of Eternity - pre 3rd war NElves I would wager would not have been possible to raise as undead - but that's speculation). Anyway, Kil'jaeden fashioned that spell, it's likely Azshara and her naga have counters. I mean the night elf empire dealt with this sort of thing in Suramar 10k years ago, - it may have swept the human population away, and a high elven nation a shadow of the former heights of Elven power in the kaldorei empire, but it would be another thing coming up against an Azshara, with Black empire powers added to her already formidable arcane and tide wave powers.

And lets not forget, the naga easily endured the Lich king era and emerged completely unscathed. They were trying to reclaim the Kaldorei cities in Borean Tundra while we were fighting the lich king.

Plague can most likely spread through water
    Undead don't need to breath
    All of Azshara's forces can be resurrected
    LichKing has Ice powas

army vs army, Lich King. one vs one, Lich King

Azshara is powerful, but she's still living and not a deity. Meaning unless she's wielding the light, she'll most likely lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wouldn't even be surprised if the naga were bigger in number than the (wotlk-era) scourge. The ocean is big. Need I say more?
    "The dead outnumber the living, and always will."

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas is weaker than Lei Shen
    And Azshara could make Mannoroth strangle himself, and she became stronger than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Wasn't Azshara more magically powerful than Mannoroth level demons 10 thousand years ago? before she got Old God Buffs and 10k years to hone her magical abilities even further?

I think it's similar to vs Lei Shen, Azshara could beat the Lich King personally but I think the Scourge as a whole would defeat her army, especially since they can just raise every Naga they kill to fight for them.
    She was more powerful than Mannoroth, but 10k years under the sea vs 10k years of conquering worlds and consuming souls across the universe and possible multiverse...

She probably is way more powerful than mannoroth still, i just want to point out how you have to give the same logic of "10k years" to both characters.