Poll: Azhara or Arthas

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its been stated in the War of the Ancients trilogy that Azhara rivaled Kil'jaeden and Archimonde in power. Yes, those books are canon (see illidan flashbacks). This was before old god powers btw, which means she is stronger than that now.

/end thread
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2017-07-30 at 05:07 AM.

One on one, same as vs Garrosh, Azshara wins. Powers of an old god are more powerful than the Lich King. If we go in a chain, the Nightmare corrupted Cenarius, a wild god. Wild Gods have, so far, been the only thing shown to put up a decent fight against Lei Shen (aside from the heroes). Lei Shen would canonically beat the Lich King one on one. So, if the Old Gods can overpower the beings that can overpower the being that can overpower Arthas, I'd say the Old God empowered sorceress would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Its been stated in the War of the Ancients trilogy that Azhara rivaled Kil'jaeden and Archimonde in power. Yes, those books are canon (see illidan flashbacks). This was before old god powers btw, which means she is stronger than that now.

/end thread
    Rivaled ??!!!!!!!!! Archimonde could fart and kill Azshara. Please read the books properly before commenting.Archimonde,Kiljaedan and Sargeras were <SUPERIOR> to Azshara. How superior you ask ? Archimonde ignored her the first time they met. She wasnt even worth looking twice compared to him.

Azshara still beats the Lich King in 1v1 though.The Lich King mainly uses shadow magic,while Azshara uses arcane and arcane has way more destructive power.But, Lei Shen ,in his peak, would school both of them.

Azshara on par with Kil'jaden and Archimonde 10, 000 years ago???' Archimonde didn't even bother to speak with her.

she wasn't even Malfurion's level.

Azshara is just hype. Mannoroth got schooled by the same orc twice.

unless I see current Azshara then she is nothing more then hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Azshara still beats the Lich King in 1v1 though.The Lich King mainly uses shadow magic,while Azshara uses arcane and arcane has way more destructive power.But, Lei Shen ,in his peak, would school both of them.
    lei shen looked to have a bit of a struggle with xuen, and mannoroth would fuck xuen up hardcore. azshara being stronger than mannoroth, idk.

lei shen might beat her, but i don't think for a minute it'd be easy.

1v1 Azshara easily. If we involve armies, Lich King easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    lei shen looked to have a bit of a struggle with xuen, and mannoroth would fuck xuen up hardcore. azshara being stronger than mannoroth, idk.

lei shen might beat her, but i don't think for a minute it'd be easy.
    Mannoroth was afraid of Cenarius and Xuen is closer to Malorne than Cenarius.Xuen is the very representation of strength among the Wild Gods,being the white tiger and all. Lei Shen also took down Ra'den who is one of the main Titan Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    One on one, same as vs Garrosh, Azshara wins. Powers of an old god are more powerful than the Lich King.
    By that logic, how did we ever beat any of these Old Gods and their minions or any of these great and powerful enemies...

Let's think for a minute, how much easier would all these enemies be if our raid leader had Frostmourne and the Helm of Dominion equipped, basically granting them the powers of the Lich King? I'd say all these fights we ever had would be easy af... right? Arthas is probably one of the most skilled heroes ever to come before us... with a body count only eclipsed by our own. So remember to take that into account when doing these versus.

If we go in a chain, the Nightmare corrupted Cenarius, a wild god. Wild Gods have, so far, been the only thing shown to put up a decent fight against Lei Shen (aside from the heroes). Lei Shen would canonically beat the Lich King one on one. So, if the Old Gods can overpower the beings that can overpower the being that can overpower Arthas, I'd say the Old God empowered sorceress would win.
    fire beats plants, plants beat water, thus fire beats water!

Druidism and Nature are susceptible to nightmare/void corruption. They're also easily destroyed by fel and death magic aswell. The undead just treading over the earth turns it to decay, as seen in the Ghostlands, Felwood and all throughout Warcraft3.

Also Azshara has not been shown to have any nightmare, fel or death powers

overpower the being that can overpower Arthas
    Xuen has never been overpowered by the Nightmare or an Old God minion, he also isn't apart of the demi-gods that play around with nature magic and has never been stated to be linked the Emerald Dream like the Wild Gods. He also has never beaten LeiShen(we didn't even fight LeiShen anywhere close to his full power) so your whole logic of this is just weird and wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    1v1 Azshara easily. If we involve armies, Lich King easily.
    they can bullshit us about the scourge to sell their dumbass move at the end of wrath all they want, but i don't for a minute believe the scourge is stronger than either lei shen's army or azshara's.

before turning on her, her army was the same army that drove back the fucking legion. the night elven empire was the biggest baddest shit to ever exist in its day. they fucked up the trolls, they probably fucked up the mogu, they fucked up even the legion once the time came.

nah, ain't doing it. scourge would be fucked. they've got the magic, they got stupid skill with archery, they got the strongest heroes among them. jarod, maiev, illidan, tyrande, malfurion, xavius, whatever that one dude's name is with the sword that you throw into mannoroth in the dungeon. nah man, nah.

and then you got the mogu empire. fuck no man, 10ft motherfuckers that are mostly made of stone and can animate more soldiers when they need? and you know lei shen would fight alongside it too.

either of these armies, the scourge is fucked. nothing in this game has EVER sold me on the idea that they're this overwhelming force, and it never will. blizz dev could tell me that shit to my face and i'd happily laugh in theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Mannoroth was afraid of Cenarius and Xuen is closer to Malorne than Cenarius.Xuen is the very representation of strength among the Wild Gods,being the white tiger and all. Lei Shen also took down Ra'den who is one of the main Titan Keepers.
    idk, the celestials seem so much weaker than the rest of the wild gods.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-07-30 at 06:40 AM.

Azshara still beats the Lich King in 1v1 though.The Lich King mainly uses shadow magic,while Azshara uses arcane and arcane has way more destructive power
    He uses Death Magic and so far it's done wonders against every other arcane user, including Illidan, Antonidas, Mages of Dalaran, Kael'thas, Anasterian and more. We're also talking about a very powerful Death Knight who are amazing at killing mages, so anti-magic shell all that destruction. And to top it off, Azshara isn't a god, she can succumb to all the nasty effects of death magic.

I'm going to go with Azshara 3:2

idk, the celestials seem so much weaker than the rest of the wild gods.
    Quite the opposite, every demi-god of kalimdor and elsewhere are just pushovers even to us. They also have that weakness to nightmare magic, from being tied to the Emerald Dream. The Celestials seem to actually embody aspects of power, instead of just being over-sized animals with druid powers. They also can take on mortal forms which I've never seen the Wild Gods do(could be wrong)

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets send a mage against an anti-mage and see who wins? really?

LK wins this just through being able to shut down anything she has. People seem to forget that, lore wise, death knights are pretty much the kryptonite of casters.

Army v Army, scourge wins, 1 v 1, Lich King curbstomps just through anti-magic shell abuse.

Didn't she beat a fully powered avatar of sargeras? 10 thousand years before Arthas was even born?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    LK imo
    Azsharah wast exactly impressive, neither in Cata nor in Legion. Also, the thing what made her so powerful back in WoA was the well of eternity,which is gone.
    Again with this well nonesense. The Well was nothing but the spilled blood of the wounded world soul. Azshara sank to the ocean floor and got a few thousand miles closer to said wound than back when she used the well. Also it would be very easy to retcon her appearance in cataclysm to be a random naga she was controlling via a spell and when she showed up in legion that was just a vision. The only time we fight her is duing the War of the Ancients dungeon, and we can't even touch her.

I guess every Naga is above Lich King because they were right close to the Well when it sank

AZSHARA IS OVERRATED!!!!

she is gonna get shitted on the same way Archimonde and Kil'jaden were in WoW lately.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-07-30 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Plague can most likely spread through water
    Undead don't need to breath
    All of Azshara's forces can be resurrected
    LichKing has Ice powas

army vs army, Lich King. one vs one, Lich King

Azshara is powerful, but she's still living and not a deity. Meaning unless she's wielding the light, she'll most likely lose.

- - - Updated - - -

"The dead outnumber the living, and always will."

- - - Updated - - -

She was more powerful than Mannoroth, but 10k years under the sea vs 10k years of conquering worlds and consuming souls across the universe and possible multiverse...

She probably is way more powerful than mannoroth still, i just want to point out how you have to give the same logic of "10k years" to both characters.
    Why are Arthas fans always so blunt? LIGHT? Arthas nearly died because of the plague of the Forsaken, what the hell is the Light? The power of the Scourge? And what prevents Azshara from inviting the army of her friends-Old Gods.
    And I REPEAT IN THOUSAND TIMES THIS IS A BATTLE OF 1X1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Didn't she beat a fully powered avatar of sargeras? 10 thousand years before Arthas was even born?
    No, that was Aegwynn, guardian of Tirisfal and mother of Medivh. It was also part of Sargeras' plan for the avatar to "die" so his essence can stowaway inside her and enter Medivh when he was being conceived.

The rest of this thread is full of Azshara fanboyism who can't comprehend the fact that you can't compare a boss that was fought against with someone who hadn't had the courage to show her face other than through the safety of visions and heralds.

PS: Lich King roflstomps Azshara because Deathknights are anti-mages. /hateme

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    And what prevents Azshara from inviting the army of her friends-Old Gods.
    You make it sound like they're best buddies, Azshara is simply a PAWN to them, they're not on her beck and call, please xd
    Last edited by mmocb73df57c62; 2017-07-30 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poderm View Post
    You make it sound like they're best buddies, Azshara is simply a PAWN to them, they're not on her beck and call, please xd
    ackshully, you saying this just reminded me of something.

kinda spoilery here, don't read if you don't want that

in 7.3, there's this dude locus-walker and he's teaching alleria to use void magic while keeping herself sane. they seem to be pushing towards this idea that there is a way to keep yourself sane while channeling massive amounts of void energy.

if anyone could master such a thing, azshara could. the mind of a mage of her caliber has to be something far beyond even a normal mage's. hell, even just her narcissism might be enough to keep her grounded in reality.

so azshara may view n'zoth as her pawn.

Deleted
    so azshara may view n'zoth as her pawn.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves, she might think them as her pawns but that's just her ego being the same as 10k years ago. The same ego who saw noone but Sargeras to be worthy of being her consort.

Can someone learning to wield void magic to "fight fire with fire" actually bend something created by the VoidLords? I personally doubt it

Not to mention that sure Azshara's mind might be capable but Old Gods are capable of forming plans within plans within plans, I can't really say she isn't capable of this because, again, we don't know the extent of her power yet but for now, it's doubts and speculation.
    Last edited by mmocb73df57c62; 2017-07-30 at 08:07 AM.