Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How is Sub's AoE?

Bursty and awesome, or kinda bad? I think I read somewhere they were making Shiruken Storm massively increase Evisc damage or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    You can be a little bursty with Death from Above but sub doesn't focus on doing aoe damage but rather empowering your single target damage. Shuriken Storm increases your next Eviscerate by 10% per target hit (up to 50%). I don't think your primary target counts towards the buff though.

Burst AoE can be extremely high with Shuriken Storm with 30 stacks of Dreadlord's Deceit into Death from Above with Mantle of the Master Assassin, Shadow Dance and Symbols of Death.

Outside of using Cloak for burst AoE, the AoE is pretty weak and the only ability that does big AoE damage is DFA. Instead, Subtlety does increased damage during AoE by funneling it into the boss using Shuriken Combo, which often is more valuable than regular AoE.

as people before had said
    with cloak we can burst aoe

our sustained aoe isnt good, however we do tons of single target damage whilst AOEing

Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    You can be a little bursty with Death from Above but sub doesn't focus on doing aoe damage but rather empowering your single target damage. Shuriken Storm increases your next Eviscerate by 10% per target hit (up to 50%). I don't think your primary target counts towards the buff though.

it does, if there's more than 1 target it hits

Deleted
    Well for Myt + its just insane, Cloak + shoulders, Dance + symbol into stealth out Suriken 30 stacked + DFA and aoe trinket = most stuff die. And as mentioned on burst aoe in raids. In other aoe situation dps is high cause we funnel intop 1 target.

With proper items (back, shoulders and umbral moonglaive) sub AoE burst is one of the highest in the game.

Deleted
    Had over 2m total dps in several +15 and up this week <3 sub sub in teeming prefix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Had over 2m total dps in several +15 and up this week <3 sub sub in teeming prefix
    yeah sub profits from trash living long enough to soak all of your burst, but not even longer than that

aboslutely fucking bananas ..the 2 blob packs before 2nd boss in EoA i consistently get 15 mill dps on

that is with full stacks, 950 glaives and DfA

sub is pretty much godmode in mythic + atm with those items and only well playing and good geared locks and warriors gets near me on the overall meter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    aboslutely fucking bananas ..the 2 blob packs before 2nd boss in EoA i consistently get 15 mill dps on

sub is pretty much godmode in mythic + atm with those items and only well playing and good geared locks and warriors gets near me on the overall meter
    to be honest, to have a dps spike on those critter pulls is just a fun game. I wonder why people always release all their massive cooldowns on those slime and crab packs instead of using them on the important time killers (trash with high hp pools). If you do 15 mil or 5 mil dps on the slimes, its a difference of a single digit second of infight time.

Its actually quite more effective to release everything you have on a pull of 2 high hp mobs or rather in necessary big pulls instead of wasting all of your shit on those slimes/crabs. Its not a critic on rogues only, because we only have the glaive trinket as CD in those situations and to not use shuriken storm is not an option.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-08-01 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    With proper items (back, shoulders and umbral moonglaive) sub AoE burst is one of the highest in the game.
    when are you activating the trinket?

how is your aoe opener?

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Well for Myt + its just insane, Cloak + shoulders, Dance + symbol into stealth out Suriken 30 stacked + DFA and aoe trinket = most stuff die. And as mentioned on burst aoe in raids. In other aoe situation dps is high cause we funnel intop 1 target.
    I don't see how cloak is good at all for mythics+, maybe I'm thinking of something wrong?
    In aoe packs you are constantly using storm to get cp and burn down adds one at a time, there is really never any time to let the cloak buff stack up after the initial opener, and since you're almost chain pulling you won't even get high stacks most of the time just for the opener.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you but on 17+ mythics locks can very easily outlast my burst and keep very high dmg with their dots, and I can never keep up, warriors that use all their cooldowns can spike to 15million on 5 targets, mm hunters with trueshot can easily beat me too.
    Arcane mages can also outlast my burst, there is honestly too many specs that outperform sub aoe at high mythics and I'm talking about packs that last way more than 40 seconds.
    Now, when it comes to removing certain dangerous mobs from the premises ASAP, nothing beats sub single target with shuriken combo.

I don't know about you but on 17+ mythics locks can very easily outlast my burst and keep very high dmg with their dots, and I can never keep up, warriors that use all their cooldowns can spike to 15million on 5 targets, mm hunters with trueshot can easily beat me too.
    Arcane mages can also outlast my burst, there is honestly too many specs that outperform sub aoe at high mythics and I'm talking about packs that last way more than 40 seconds.
    Now, when it comes to removing certain dangerous mobs from the premises ASAP, nothing beats sub single target with shuriken combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    as people before had said
    with cloak we can burst aoe

our sustained aoe isnt good, however we do tons of single target damage whilst AOEing

it does, if there's more than 1 target it hits
    I really don't see the use for cloak at all, it takes too long to stack, on anything past m+10 the burst is meaningless and since you're spamming shriken for cp, you won't ever let it stack past 2-3 on a regular pack of mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaxBgon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I really don't see the use for cloak at all, it takes too long to stack, on anything past m+10 the burst is meaningless and since you're spamming shriken for cp, you won't ever let it stack past 2-3 on a regular pack of mobs.
    For any kinda of sustained aoe the vigor ring is a lot better than cloak. Cloak was great when SS was the bulk of our aoe damage but that just isnt the case anymore.

Deleted
    On 5+ mobs:
    - SStorm from stealth
    - Shadow dance+ SoD + umbral moonglaive
    - DFA
    - SStorm + eviscerate spam
    Low hp packs should be dead at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Sorry to say, but this opener is totally wrong.
    You dont just hit SS - before you do your first (and 30 stacks buffed) SS you cancel stealth, use SoD + SD and THEN you can SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    Sorry to say, but this opener is totally wrong.
    You dont just hit SS - before you do your first (and 30 stacks buffed) SS you cancel stealth, use SoD + SD and THEN you can SS.
    Whats the point in canceling stealth before your first SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Whats the point in canceling stealth before your first SS?
    That I believe is so you would be able to activate dance for dark shadow dmg boost since you can't activate while still in stealth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo81 View Post
    That I believe is so you would be able to activate dance for dark shadow dmg boost since you can't activate while still in stealth anymore.
    Of all the stupidest things i've heard...i hope thats a bug and not intentional.

Deleted
    On 5+ mobs:
    - SStorm from stealth
    - Shadow dance+ SoD + umbral moonglaive
    - DFA
    - SStorm + eviscerate spam
    Low hp packs should be dead at this point.
    never ever use SStorm out of stealth with the cloak. you need shadow dance + symbols up before you use it to deal 4 to 5 mil with storm.

trinket pull
    dance + symbols
    shuriken storm
    dfa

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    never ever use SStorm out of stealth with the cloak. you need shadow dance + symbols up before you use it to deal 4 to 5 mil with storm.

trinket pull
    dance + symbols
    shuriken storm
    dfa
    Using SStorm while stealted count as using it during sdance, but yeah, you are right about using simbol before SStorm.

Edit: just realized that this way you are not buffing SStorm with dark shadows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . So yes, you're right.
    Last edited by Halobob87; 2017-08-04 at 08:51 AM.