Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Feral - Blizzard just doing whatever?

Druid has always been my main alt.
    As either Resto or Feral cat.

I came back to the game month ago, since Cata.
    When i look up and try out the cat build i see all teh abilities i love with Rip, SRoar etc.

What i find so weird and so very random is the spells u can suddenly cast while being a cat???

In asian MMOs u often see whatever weird interactions with the characters and for some weird reason, Blizz is kinda doing that now aswell?

What i'm talking about is Moonfire and Regrowth is a part of a feral rotation now? To me, that just seems like they are running out of ideas.
    It makes no sense a cat suddenly throws out a arcane shot from the moon, that is kinda a MOONkin thing and again - A heal being part of a dps rotation and it doesnt take u out of catform?

The moonfire should be removed from the rotation completely and if they want a heal with the feral, they should make some kinda regeneration spell for cats aswell or even better - Come up with some feral abilities to do throughout your entire rotation.

I found it very weird when i researched yesterday, from what i saw 2 out 5 combo points are with moonfire and regrowth.
    So feral dps rotation is only 60% feral abilities.

Cmon.....

10+ Year Old Account
    These talents are optional, you have a choice of not picking them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Runiix View Post

When i look up and try out the cat build i see all teh abilities i love with Rip, SRoar etc.

What i find so weird and so very random is the spells u can suddenly cast while being a cat???

In asian MMOs u often see whatever weird interactions with the characters and for some weird reason, Blizz is kinda doing that now aswell?

What i'm talking about is Moonfire and Regrowth is a part of a feral rotation now? To me, that just seems like they are running out of ideas.
    It makes no sense a cat suddenly throws out a arcane shot from the moon, that is kinda a MOONkin thing and again - A heal being part of a dps rotation and it doesnt take u out of catform?

The moonfire should be removed from the rotation completely and if they want a heal with the feral, they should make some kinda regeneration spell for cats aswell or even better - Come up with some feral abilities to do throughout your entire rotation.

I found it very weird when i researched yesterday, from what i saw 2 out 5 combo points are with moonfire and regrowth.

Cmon.....
    Well, regrowth being part of the rotation after goes back to MoP, the expansion right after Cata. You'd attack, use a finishing move, get an instant heal that didn't take you out of cat form with predatory swiftness, that's been around since Cata I think. Then in MoP they added a talent where if you did that then your next two specials would be buffed. Except at the time it used healing touch instead of regrowth. I remember raiding in MoP I'd have friendly nameplates on and throw my HT on somebody who wasn't full, and I got a damage boost. Made me feel fuzzy(er) inside than normal. So that's not a new to Legion thing, that's been around 4 xpacs now. It also doesn't give combo points so I'm not quite sure what you were going on with 2 out of 5.

The moonfire talent is new this xpac. If you choose to go into it you basically treat it like a second rake that has a longer range that ticks a bit faster from haste but doesn't benefit from your mastery.

Bears also can do moonfire now, as a baseline ability without leaving form. They have a talent for it, where their melee attacks proc the talent, and their next moonfire does more damage and gives rage. Moonbear is very fun.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-07-31 at 10:16 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    I think you guys misunderstand.
    You are talking about it has been a part of rotation for a long time and such.

You also say that they are optional... Well, not really if you wanna maximise damge.

What im talking about is that is does not fit a feral spec and catform to cast these abilities.

Wether or not u can pick around them if they have been a set rotation for 3 million years doesnt make a difference.
    Im talking about it being poorly designed - A cat casting abilites that shoot from the moon, when there is a moonkin form and the insta heal which makes no sense in a dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class Fantasy is dead. I know it must be hard, but really dude, get over it.

I think you guys misunderstand.
    You are talking about it has been a part of rotation for a long time and such.

You also say that they are optional... Well, not really if you wanna maximise damge.

What im talking about is that is does not fit a feral spec and catform to cast these abilities.

Wether or not u can pick around them if they have been a set rotation for 3 million years doesnt make a difference.
    Im talking about it being poorly designed - A cat casting abilites that shoot from the moon, when there is a moonkin form and the insta heal which makes no sense in a dps spec.
    All dps specs have some type of healing. Just because a spec has abilities that you disagree with, does not make them "bad design".

10+ Year Old Account

It does. You are not a cat - you are a druid. Your PC is not that dropout of a druid who can't keep his conscience after shapeshifting. They do use their healing abilities and Elune affinity to lesser extent than restoration and balance
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    quick reminder ur not an actual cat but a druid roleplaying as a cat and doing anything and everything is the whole point of being a druid

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Class Fantasy is dead. I know it must be hard, but really dude, get over it.
    I thought legion is literally all about class fantasy? The reason why there is so much imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    All dps specs have some type of healing. Just because a spec has abilities that you disagree with, does not make them "bad design".
    I think that's what he's going for. In his mind ret should never be able to heal, just bash face, because obviously choosing ret means you magically lose the ability to wield the light in any non-harmful way. I mean that just makes sense, don't it? /s

He says he quit in Cata, but he didn't say when he began playing. I remember in classic when stats and set bonuses were all other the place. Gear could have int and str, with a spirit and +spellpower set bonus. There were also all the hybrid talent trees. IIRC balance and feral druids would take points into the resto tree to get omen of clarity for free spells, which required a few +healing talents to be gotten along the way. Guess he hated that then too.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I don't see the problem (quited WoW during Cata - Ragnaros, returned in Legion). All magic is verbal in WoW. And you can talk in cat form to any NPC ^^, so no problem to make "easy" spells in cat form. And we were casting Fairy Fire in cat form (long ago) and it was no problem. Druids aren't brutal animals (go play Arms/Fury warrior for it - just kidding) they are druids in a feral form that give agility and/or tenacity they don't loss their mind while in feral form...

Deleted

Cmon.....
    Agree, casting non kitty abilities in kitty - sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Agree, casting non kitty abilities in kitty - sucks.
    Isn't that really a matter of semantics? I mean he suggests a regeneration ability, why does it matter if they have to invent a whole new ability just for kitties to heal with, when the predatory swiftness proc has been a thing for nearly five years?

Druids are and have always been a hybrid character. Choosing a specialization enhances your ability to perform a specific role, but the understanding is that at the end of the day you can still do the others things, just not as well. A bear should not lose the ability to shift out and root something it doesn't want to deal with right now. A kitty should be able to pop a heal on itself. A resto can go into kitty and stealth around to reach objectives. A boom can pop into bear for extra defense running through mobs to get to safety.

Other classes deal with these things as well. Enhancement Shaman build up maelstrom weapon charges to be able to instant cast attack or healing spells. Shadow priests have the option to leave shadow form and use whatever heals they have access to. Non-healer specs still have access to a dispel that they've had since classic.

Saying that a kitty should only be able to cast kitty-themed spells is like telling a combat rogue he's only allowed to use one kind of weapon or telling a mage he's only allowed to use fire spells cause that's what spec he's currently in.

Deleted
    Lol is the @OP kiddin?

Bloodtalon (regrowth in rotation) is actually an interesting talent that gets an unreasonable amount of hate because of JW, SR and generally resource starving.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    quick reminder ur not an actual cat but a druid roleplaying as a cat and doing anything and everything is the whole point of being a druid
    So I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude?

Deleted
    my main alt
    You lost me exactly there...

Druid feels more like an actual druid now than ever before.

So let's break this down:

Lunar Inspiration is a talent that allows you to cast Moonfire while in Cat form; this rewards a combo point. Shockingly there are two alternatives to this talent if using Moonfire in this manner offends your sensibilities.

Regrowth is only used as part of the "rotation" if you're taking the Blood Talons talent. This used to use Healing Touch, but that was ability was removed from feral druids (and bears) to reduce their direct healing prowess. The synergy between a heal and Blood Talons has been around since Mists of Pandaria (several expansions ago) and has been a reliable way to reward feral for good gameplay, but punish you for poor gameplay. This is getting dialed down quite a bit in 7.3 with the feral rework. Regardless, this is yet another example of a talent that you can avoid altogether.

Drop Lunar Inspiration and Blood Talons and you won't have to cast Moonfire or Regrowth in cat form again. Chances are that if you're complaining about this, then you aren't the sort of player that will notice a hypothetical DPS loss.

Deleted
    I like ferals

If I had an ability complaint, it would be able using Regrowth for Blood Talons, but I wouldn't say it's due to druid fantasy reason (which seem mostly fine to me, being able to cast Moonfire/Regrowth/etc in kitty form). The function of Regrowth should be to heal yourself or another raid/party member because they need healing versus just mostly casting a heal with no regard for the target or HP level because you'll lose DPS otherwise. Not saying you can't prioritize a low health target, but I have a sneaking suspicion that most Ferals either have the heal macro'd to target a tank or just always cast on themselves. I'm basically saying rotation-wise it works fine, but it's almost nonsensical when you use a survival ability without regard for survivability benefits because it's a DPS gain. I'd rather be able to use instant cast Regrowths (or soon-to-be Entangling Roots) because... call me crazy, I want to heal someone/myself or root something when I want to or need to. Does this technically count as a class fantasy complaint? Or is it just a mechanical one?