Whimseyshire portrait & Cosmic wings

So, after around 100 attempts or so I got my portrait which was my main goal but now I'm after Cosmic wings. Anyone have any suggestions on best way to farm rainbow goblins. I did the youtube search but it seems its just random? After getting unicorn on first try and now my portrait, I have to see if my luck continues with these wings! Any help would be nice

7+ Year Old Account
    I've heard it's already nerfed

Thank you. This is what I had up, just wasn't sure if right thing to follow

The Act IV new route was nerfed yesterday, so back to normal route

Act I: Royal Crypts, Southern Highlands to Cave of Moon Clan 1&2, Northern Highlands, Leoric's Hunting Ground, Leoric's Passage
    Act II: Ancient Waterways West and East, 1&2 (only if you have a speed build, many dead ends in those)
    Act III: Core of Arreat, Tower of Cursed 1&2
    Act IV: Gardens of Hope 1 (just the center and to the left, not the right; note: falcon wings can be found in mysterious chest in this level)
    Act V: Pandemonium Fortress Level 1&2 (both levels spawn either 0 or 2 goblins; if you see 1, search for the other)

Bolded is my normal run. These are pretty quick, smaller maps with few dead ends.

If you plan to invite other people when you find a rainbow, do not kill it. Others can't enter unless they were in group when it died (they do not need to be in map, just group). There are many communities for hunting (Rainbow Goblin Hunt, Cosmic Wings, etc). Note, they are mainly filled with leechers nowadays, but there are still people that post finds.
    If you find a rainbow goblin, reset game once it is done. Any other rainbow goblins in that game will open a portal to the same (already finished) area.
    Last edited by LongTimeCreeper; 2017-08-01 at 05:42 PM.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

Wow, thank you so much. This will help tons <3

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing! Does it matter what torment level I'm on? My friend just bought the game today finally and I wasn't sure like if I helped him try and farm a pet or something how we'd do that. Can I just do these on any level?

- - - Updated - - -

And! thank you too for the info again, I did not know about the rainbows all spawning to same one if you find one and need to reset.

Is there generally a limit of 1 goblin per map, or can there be more?

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Is there generally a limit of 1 goblin per map, or can there be more?
    Its random. Some maps its likely to see multiple like south highlands etc. Some maps more likely to be 1 or none at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    One more thing! Does it matter what torment level I'm on? My friend just bought the game today finally and I wasn't sure like if I helped him try and farm a pet or something how we'd do that. Can I just do these on any level?
    Difficulty level doesn't affect goblin spawns as far as I'm aware. Farm at a difficulty level you're comfortable.