Heroes of the storm PTR notes - July 31

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...2017-7-31-2017

Busy day, so no chance to make pretty any time soon. Best news: Hanamura is out of ranked rotation!

- - - Updated - - -

Data mining: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...rawl_sleep_cc/

Apparently moustaches: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ems_to_have_a/
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-08-01 at 08:01 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    That Butcher buffs. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting much bigger changes this patch.

Especially the teased Leoric changes, I guess they didn't want to release a rework of giant killing Hero when they are releasing their newest Tank.

Also as long as Garden of Terror and Sky Temple is on rotation, I won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    That Butcher buffs. :O
    Hell yea! 25 meat from heroes (Murky nerf!)! And Abattoir talent built into Trait (except decreased meat loss, and blood after quest gives 5 dmg instead 1 dmg.)!

But I'm also happy no mirror matches in QM. It was really annoying.

Deleted
    Less mirror matches and no Hanamura in the rotation, can this go live now please.

Deleted
    well.. it seems qm has difficulties with butcher?

Whatever - it seems the scene is growing

Deleted
    Why don't you like Hanamura?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Why don't you like Hanamura?
    Because the map is unhealthy for the game in it's current state:
    • Objective allows avoiding team fights
    • If played correctly, little to no macro decisioning involved
    • Few players actually know how to play it
    • It is possible to camp enemy team for hours since they removed Sappers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Objective allows avoiding team fights

If played correctly, little to no macro decisioning involved

Few players actually know how to play it
    I actually like the first one. And it's true for some others maps like Spider Queen (meh, this map is sooooooo boring) or Blackheart Bay that are popular.

Second one is partially true. Sometimes it's really better to wait with pushing the payload for the forts to go down. It's not much but very important. Also, there are unique camps there - you need to decide which one you want to get if any.

Can't disagree with third statement. People are absolutely hopeless at playing Hanamura lol. But it's also true for the new brawl - people are just too lazy to read the rules.

IMO there are far worse maps like Junction or Sky Temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the first one. And it's true for some others maps like Spider Queen (meh, this map is sooooooo boring) or Blackheart Bay that are popular.
    If you wanna play PvE, play a different game? All other maps force a contestion point while in Hanamura payloads always spawn on opposite sides.

Second one is partially true. Sometimes it's really better to wait with pushing the payload for the forts to go down. It's not much but very important. Also, there are unique camps there - you need to decide which one you want to get if any.

Can't disagree with third statement. People are absolutely hopeless at playing Hanamura lol. But it's also true for the new brawl - people are just too lazy to read the rules.
    It is 100% truth.

This map is all about soaking both lanes, taking Support camp on cooldown, trading payloads and fight when you manage to get advantage to snowball even further. When you get advantage, there are only two options. You destroy a fort to get another shot or boss in later stages of game. There is basically no option to comeback unless enemy team makes a mistake and feels totally scripted, leaving no macro decision making to 'outplay' oppoent.

Usually people rotate way too much for no reason, ignore a Support camp and don't soak a lane when payload spawns resulting in forcing disadvantegous fights.

IMO there are far worse maps like Junction or Sky Temple.
    Warhead Junction would be a much better map if nukes scaled properly.