Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fury How are we doing!

Hey guys been away a while and wondered how Fury is doing now in PvP and PvE.

All i am hearing is how arms is so awsome but i wanted to no if fury was behind them by a huge amount like we always have done in previous patches way back.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post

All i am hearing is how arms is so awsome but i wanted to no if fury was behind them by a huge amount like we always have done in previous patches way back.

Thanks!
    Fury is doing just fine.

Luckily you won't have time for Tomb or PVP with all the Elisande farming you'll be doing

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Luckily you won't have time for Tomb or PVP with all the Elisande farming you'll be doing
    underrated comment

also can I please get a better arcano ilvl? these damned shards aren't farming themselves. the 865 beating out 915 trinkets is cute and all, but im trying to get that 930 arcano so i never need another trinket again ya feel me

I feel you...
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by sceptre View Post

Thanks!
    It's a pretty average spec but arms is better in most cases and if you're aiming at mythic progression, you reroll a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    Fury is doing just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T1berius View Post
    underrated comment

also can I please get a better arcano ilvl? these damned shards aren't farming themselves. the 865 beating out 915 trinkets is cute and all, but im trying to get that 930 arcano so i never need another trinket again ya feel me

Holy shit this is exactly how I feel.

All of it.

Fury is fine, but the trinkets situation is total, total, total horseshit.

Fury seems to be alright, I just find its rotation to be a bit dull when it comes to longer fights, 123 repeat.

Also that thing with trinkets like COF being so much needed, I cant understand it... can't blizzard do something to fix it? I guess they are too busy fixing stuff for the 300 RPers that want to do an event...

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    can't blizzard do something to fix it? I guess they are too busy fixing stuff for the 300 RPers that want to do an event...

THIS. So much this. Entire class dependant on 2 trinkets, one of which is a previous raid tier, you know the same raid tier where you nerfed the other BiS trinket because you didnt want people to HAVE to use old trinkets, and the other is from a world boss, that is so OP, EVERY class needs it just about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isnt the issue, that by design, we are really 100% dependent on BattleCry?
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    no one complained about the dependance on BattleCry design when fury numbers were good in nighthold, 2 biggest things since launch is execute phase sucks without massacre and Furious Slash is a terrible ability (not so much in T19).

With Convergence it's on a short enough cooldown that I don't care.

We'll see how the spec fares once it's gone, but I had loads of fun with Fury even before that trinket became available. So I'll survive.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    THIS. So much this. Entire class dependant on 2 trinkets, one of which is a previous raid tier, you know the same raid tier where you nerfed the other BiS trinket because you didnt want people to HAVE to use old trinkets, and the other is from a world boss, that is so OP, EVERY class needs it just about.
    Difference between the two trinkets is with a DoS you'd be farming Gul'dan weekly across difficulties praying for titanforged trinkets just to stay competitive. Instead of that, they nerfed the trinket, buffed the entire spec by 5%, and left us convergence which not only makes the spec feel better since you'll be using BC nearly twice as often, but also doesn't need to be realistically farmed because higher ilvls don't benefit that much compared to lower ilvls since the only difference is the strength which isn't very strong for Fury to begin with.

Also, Arcano isn't BiS unless you get lucky with a titanforge and it's only really BiS single target. Glaives is highly competitive single target, scales linearly with AoE, and is much easier to get high ilvls for it. Wouldn't even stress about the arcano honestly. I have an 880 arcano with a socket and I still go for my 910 glaives when playing Fury. Hoping for a better glaive drop soon as well. It's a fun trinket and does extremely well in ToS.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-08-09 at 01:20 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I think Fury is OK, but we are heavily dependent on trinkets. One of the biggest problems is enrage. We are about as effective as a wet noodle when battle cry is on CD and we cant get an enrage even when were sitting on 4 stacks of the raging blow buff... We wouldn't need to be carried by CoF and some other hard hitting on use trinket if we could just get Bloodthirst to actually crit on its own more often. Seems like I have to go through the whole rotation of building my rage all the way up to 100% before I can use Rampage to proc enrage. That time is ultra low dps time and its 3-4 complete rotations when you get no crits anywhere. That's whats broken about us. Id really like it if the devs stopped bandaiding us with gear and actually made us more effective naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by berrherr View Post
    I think Fury is OK, but we are heavily dependent on trinkets. One of the biggest problems is enrage. We are about as effective as a wet noodle when battle cry is on CD and we cant get an enrage even when were sitting on 4 stacks of the raging blow buff... We wouldn't need to be carried by CoF and some other hard hitting on use trinket if we could just get Bloodthirst to actually crit on its own more often. Seems like I have to go through the whole rotation of building my rage all the way up to 100% before I can use Rampage to proc enrage. That time is ultra low dps time and its 3-4 complete rotations when you get no crits anywhere. That's whats broken about us. Id really like it if the devs stopped bandaiding us with gear and actually made us more effective naturally.
    4 rotations without enrange is impossible, after rampage you already starts with 15 rage and after rampage one rotation is inside enrage (3 globals inside enrage with decent haste), with right legendaris the ultra low dps time is really low

That and even if BC does crit, if it's blocked you get no enrage....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's kind of safe to say that Fury has mostly always been cooldown dependent in a way, we've pretty much consistently been a class who has had an insane amount of burst damage. Cataclysm had Death Wish and Recklessness, MoP had Banner, Reck, and Avatar/BB. In Legion, we have Avatar and BC. I can't speak for WoD because I didn't play my Warrior during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Play Fury if you want to actually have fun. Play Arms if you want to stare at your action bar at random times waiting for a button to push. Oh, and next tier, Fury is going to be above average DPS. If any of you thought Arms was going to remain on top for long, you must be new here.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Play Fury if you want to actually have fun. Play Arms if you want to stare at your action bar at random times waiting for a button to push. Oh, and next tier, Fury is going to be above average DPS. If any of you thought Arms was going to remain on top for long, you must be new here.
    How do you know this? Are you in charge of the balance team over at Blizzard or?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you know this? Are you in charge of the balance team over at Blizzard or?
    Because the next tier's set bonuses for Fury are really strong. Plus they just buffed our Execute on the PTR because the Arms version hits so much harder. Fury needs Juggernaut stacks out the ass just to catch up and very few fights have an execute phase that lasts that long. With Arms getting toned down a bit, and Fury getting buffed a bit, the two are going to be pretty close. Unless something dramatically changes between now and the next patch, both specs will still be top tier DPS, which is good for the class. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Arms fall behind just because Blizz likes this seesaw crap where they take turns giving every spec its "time in the sun", as they have stated multiple times in the past. So we'll see how it pans out.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb