View Poll Results: Will you preorder the new expansion

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • YES

21 26.92%
  • NO

57 73.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am actually quite surprised about the the results so far ... i was thinking maybe a 45 -55 on yes-no. but it will probably be higher if posted on reddit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Not sure what you're doing wrong to only save 8k gold every 4 months. I've opened around 150 Ungoro packs and have at least 2K gold more now than I had at the start of Ungoro that's a net 17K gold saved over the 4 months plus extra dust and cards from arena. Rerolling quests optimally and playing a lot of arena like the OP does help, buying from the Shop only gives you base value.
    Oh I'm aware you can gather more gold (and/or packs).

However, that involves 1 and/or 2 things:

1) Maxing out on the 10g per 3 wins, which for average players would mean 60 games per day @ 7,5 minute per game = 7,5 hours.
    2) Play arena and do (a lot) better than the 3 win average (50% of the player base).

So I wouldn't say I'm doing something 'wrong'. I'm averaging close to 500g a week, or 2000g a month by rerolling dailies and avoiding completion on 40g quests if I can (or occasionally, feel like it). But the numbers you're using (150 packs) would require you to average 6+ wins in arena, which would put you in the top 14,45% of all arena players.

And before you use the "git gud" argument, if everyone would, it would just shift the top 50% further down, as more (and more importantly: different) players enter the 5-6+ win brackets, pushing others down.

So either you're a top 14,45% (almost exclusively) arena player who plays a lot, or you're simply exaggerating.

Earning ~70g a day on average is a much more realistic scenario for the vast majority of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I am actually quite surprised about the the results so far ... i was thinking maybe a 45 -55 on yes-no. but it will probably be higher if posted on reddit.
    I've bought two before and it never felt like it was worth it so I stopped buying them.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not pre ordering anymore thanks to the price hikes. £45 is a ridiculous price to not be guaranteed to have the whole set. I have 3200 gold saved up and 5k dust which will get me what i want.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Oh I'm aware you can gather more gold (and/or packs).

However, that involves 1 and/or 2 things:

1) Maxing out on the 10g per 3 wins, which for average players would mean 60 games per day @ 7,5 minute per game = 7,5 hours.
    Agreed, not feasible to grind games for gold just for that purpose, personally I hardly ever play constructed unless it's for quests.

2) Play arena and do (a lot) better than the 3 win average (50% of the player base).
    Somewhat true but it's not as bad as most people think. You can average 3 wins or hell even 2 wins and come out ahead because the rewards to wins ratio is not linear. 3 runs going 0/3/6 earns more than 3 runs going 3/3/3 because the jump between the 3 and 6 win rewards is much larger than the jump between zero and 3 and this increases with a wider spread and the same average.

So I wouldn't say I'm doing something 'wrong'. I'm averaging close to 500g a week, or 2000g a month by rerolling dailies and avoiding completion on 40g quests if I can (or occasionally, feel like it). But the numbers you're using (150 packs) would require you to average 6+ wins in arena, which would put you in the top 14,45% of all arena players.
    Was probably around the 5 range I don't keep records and I hate tryharding like the pros it gets to the point where I want the games over with so I can open the rewards and go to bed.

And before you use the "git gud" argument, if everyone would, it would just shift the top 50% further down, as more (and more importantly: different) players enter the 5-6+ win brackets, pushing others down.
    Childish memes are not my thing. Everyone has some hidden potential though and eventually people fall into a category according to their own strength and the strength of the players around them. If everyone played like Kripp the average would still be 3 wins.

So either you're a top 14,45% (almost exclusively) arena player who plays a lot, or you're simply exaggerating.
    I play arena heavily for a month or two then chill. OK maybe it was 140 packs give or take, I stopped when I opened a Legendary and had about 12K gold left at the beginning of June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, not feasible to grind games for gold just for that purpose, personally I hardly ever play constructed unless it's for quests.
    At least 1 thing we agree on.

Somewhat true but it's not as bad as most people think. You can average 3 wins or hell even 2 wins and come out ahead because the rewards to wins ratio is not linear. 3 runs going 0/3/6 earns more than 3 runs going 3/3/3 because the jump between the 3 and 6 win rewards is much larger than the jump between zero and 3 and this increases with a wider spread and the same average.
    Well, we're talking averages here. I know going to 12 wins once, and 0 wins 5 times beats 6 runs going 3 wins each. I'm sure there's a person out there somewhere who had that happen. However, just because it CAN happen doesn't mean it's expected to happen. I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people who average 3 wins or less don't benefit (much) from the non-linear reward structure, as getting 6 or even 7 wins is going to be incredibly rare for them. So like I stated before, you need to be in that top 14,45% for it to become lucrative. You claim you are. Good for you. I don't quite believe you as per your next point:

Was probably around the 5 range I don't keep records and I hate tryharding like the pros it gets to the point where I want the games over with so I can open the rewards and go to bed.
    That's where I used to be myself. And I have had my 12 win runs, and plenty of 9-11 wins as well. I've also had my 0-3 win runs. I kept track and averaged 5.1 wins for over a year playing arena almost every day. I didn't earn significantly more packs than buying them directly from the shop (maybe 5 or 6 per month more). At least nowhere near the amount you claimed (150 vs 80).

Anyway, I started to enjoy constructed a lot more, so I need my cards on day 1 or 2 of release. It's a choice I made.

Childish memes are not my thing. Everyone has some hidden potential though and eventually people fall into a category according to their own strength and the strength of the players around them. If everyone played like Kripp the average would still be 3 wins.
    Was meant as a general statement. That last bit is another thing I agree with.

That said, you initially said there was something "wrong" with collecting 'only 8k'. See my previous point about it being a choice.

I play arena heavily for a month or two then chill. OK maybe it was 140 packs give or take, I stopped when I opened a Legendary and had about 12K gold left at the beginning of June.
    I don't doubt the size of the pile of gold you have (like there's any way for me to check that anyway), only the rate of collecting said pile.

You say you're an Arena player. That means you don't have much actual use for your collection, and get to stop playing at any given point. Not having certain cards is in no way a disadvantage for you. Therefore you won't notice missing any key legendaries (for example) as much as someone who mostly plays constructed.

I believe, that because you slow down (or quit playing) at roughly halfway trough an expansion, you may be overestimating how many packs and gold you actually earned. Averaging 5 wins means averaging 8 games per arena run. That's 1 hour of play per run. It's a lot of time to play on average every day, especially if you play more for the first half and less for the 2nd half of an expansion.

In terms of gold, you can't afford to pay for a run every single day from averaging 5 wins + daily quests. You also don't benefit from the 10g per 3 wins in arena. Your numbers just don't quite add up. And on top of that, you claim to be increasing your pile of gold.

Upset they passed on a chance to add a new class (DK) and really shake things up, and instead went with another really hokey idea. Looks like we got AU Northrend afterall.....

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Just like many people said, they bought before and got only 1 or 2 useless legendary.
    $50 for a full set is more reasonable. (I will not buy it even it is)

The biggest problem is that the game is poorly designed.
    Too much random. No one takes it seriously.

Deleted
    Yeah I bought it. Play it very casually. 30/40/50 games a month tops.
    Highest rank ever is rank 4. Bought every expansion or adventure with RL money so far.