[Balance] Fury of Elune?

Has this talent ever been viable? I keep looking for mentions of it in PTR and patch notes, but it never comes up. Does Blizzard not want it to be used?

Deleted
    Somewhat early in the expansion - You could do serious damage to tightly packed trash packs. But it had some downsides.

A. Clunky to use. requires quite some set up and if you mess up it ends early -> bad damage. You also couldnt really move yourself.
    B. Only really works on certain packs. You could move the beam but was quite annoying.
    C. Cooldown too long to use whenever you want.
    D. Scales very bad with gear

On top of that SD was buffed in 7.1 from 30% to 60% making it superior in almost all situation. You could try it for the memes on KJ illusions or some low dungeons but SD is easier to use for better damage.

Honestly if they make it scale better and just make the cooldown zero or at least low it could be fun - but now its just garbage.

Multiple internal sources confirming it as a dead talent due to abandonment. They feel it impacts the rotation (Starsurge) too much. Stellar Flare in a similar boat too.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    @the beggining it was very strong in like DHT mythics, I remember using it and I did more dmg than WW monks which was crazy.

There are scaling and gameplay rotational problems with it tho.

More focus really should have gone into enhancing the core mechanics of starfall and starsurge rather than adding competing spells.
    FoE could have worked similar to phantom singularity - competing with SD/NB as a high damage burst AoE talent, and flare could be added onto starsurge as an extra dot effect without requiring stellar empowerment to be effective

[Balance] Fury of Elune?

No thank you. I will have Starfall.

It's hard for people now to appreciate by FoE was fantastically fun when legion launched for open world content and some dungeons.

Before the artifact got ramped up and tier sets started buffing starsurge and empowerments, and before Starfall and Stellar Drift got buffed, FoE was basically pumping Starsurge+Empowerments damage into every target in the radius for every 40 astral power you spent on FoE (ie every couple seconds). It was crazy good burst.

The massive buffs to starfall supporting talents and starfall itself in 7.1.5 made FoE largely pointless because Starfall could get so close to Starsurge level damage that the CD on FoE just became too much for even open world content.

The talent is so stupidly bad now they could just remove the CD from it and still no one would take it. Such a shame. Really had some fun moments with that talent even if it could never really get traction in a raid environment due to mobility constraints and the big CD on it.

The only reason it was good for that was because you could stock up on AP, then unleash them all at once. For serious fights, it was never any good to begin with.

I like extending Fury of Elune. But having to do that while placing it and telling it where to go isn't.
    If only we could extend FoE with Astral spent maybe it would have a place.

it was really good in beta to the point that early guides were saying to use it
    one of many expansion beta oddities, like wod beta sotf chain druid or wrath beta wc3 style spirit link from resto shamans
    then live hit and balance of power was really good and stellar drift got buffed a bunch and it got really awful
    and as others have said, it doesn't really scale with traits, mastery, not really much of anything....
    there are a number of talents like that are on the weak end and then good relics are the nail in the coffin... (icefury from ele is the worst offender because it's actually somewhat close)
    Last edited by ryklin; 2017-08-04 at 07:11 PM.

No. /10char

Other shit talents include Force of Nature (L15), Renewal (L30), Stellar Flare (L75), and Astral Communion (L90). They like us having 1-2 cookie cutter choices for some unknown reason.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Eh, FoN at least has uses, FoE doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, FoN at least has uses, FoE doesn't.
    I guess but it's still weaker than the other choices. Regardless, we have a dead talent on pretty much every tier except L45 (which IMO is pretty well balanced but very minor), and L60 (which is CC and irrelevant for most PvE scenarios).

I'd also argue NB is pretty "dead". Yeah it's a buff for ST if you don't use OI, but if you do, OI is arguably better (and better utility due to the mobile casting), leaving us with ONE talent for L100 really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No. /10char

Other shit talents include Force of Nature (L15), Renewal (L30), Stellar Flare (L75), and Astral Communion (L90). They like us having 1-2 cookie cutter choices for some unknown reason.
    Both Renewal and Astral Communion are used in PvP situations. They are very strong.

And FoN is used every necrotic week.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No. /10char

So basically, you've never really tried them in all situations because you don't explore all of the content the game has to offer. Clearly you don't invest any real amount of time pvping.

Even if they were shit talents, claiming they want us to have 1-2 cookie cutter builds (even sarcastically) shows you're not really trying to use them, or even considering the design intention.

It's too bad FoE has been abandoned on the pve side, radiant moonlight back leggo has potential synergy with the talent.

Fury of Elune on a target in battlegrounds when trapped by unbreakable roots is beyond hilarious.

The pure numbers scaling on FoE is terrible when it's completely counter to every other part of a balance druid kit. Compare it for example with death knight breath of sindragosa and the output and drain numbers are just horrible, quite apart from the other limiting factors.

FOE is good as long as the fight don't last more than 30 sec :P

Never forget Prepatch

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...d&spec=Balance

#Winning

but seriously dead talent.... ruined the rotation was hard to balance.. will be gone in 8.0
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-08-25 at 07:04 AM.

Why did they change it from collapsing stars?