Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Affliction High Mythics Plus

    Hey guys, i would like to know what do u think about BiS legendaries for High Mythic Plus

    Head+Waist¿?

    Chest+Waist¿?

    Sephuz+Waist¿?

    Any other combination?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    I used Sephuz+Helm and swap Sephuz to Cloak for most bosses, maybe belt would be better...
    The Arcane only corrupts the weak..

  3. #3
    I tend to run with Sephuz and Chest for trash and for bosses belt and Netherlord (with 6 piece tier). There is no need to just have one set and yes I often forget to change!

    I don't have helm so that's not in the running.

  4. #4
    Depending on the affix, I wouldn't necessarily rule out Prydaz. I might be biased though, given I don't have any of the good legendaries lol.

  5. #5
    If you want to do well in high M+, get used to switching gear sets. Depending on the boss, affixes, group comp, etc. you may want different things.

    Generally, Sephuz is very good in M+ because you can trigger it very reliably. But what you pair it with may vary, and it's pretty shit on bosses where you can't activate it.

  6. #6
    Its obvious that u change ur gear for bosses, but my question was, what is the best setup of legendaries for trash. Is Sephuz BiS?

  7. #7
    for what talents?
    WiA+Cont+PS+SC i'm finding Chest+Wrist to be amazing. (chest + belt) would also work the same and quite well as you will have so many shards on trash the chest proc will be all the time.
    if the pack is big enough i will SoC once to save on globals then tab Agony + UA until Agony is on everything PS then just keep tabbing putting UA on everything and refresh the other dots as needed

    my dps is far better with WiA builds in higher M+ than with MG builds.

    for bosses you might want to go Helm+Waist? if helm+ chest is not an option

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveyou2baby View Post
    Its obvious that u change ur gear for bosses, but my question was, what is the best setup of legendaries for trash. Is Sephuz BiS?
    how many mobs in the trash pull?

  9. #9
    I think it'd be most productive to list the top combinations, and add the conditions under which you'd want to use them.

    Sephuz + Power Cord for example is something I like using for trash pulls. Lots of haste for lots of shards, and then spam UAs on everything that moves until it doesn't.

    Helm + Chest I like using on ST-focused bosses.

    Some bosses on certain levels/affixes might require you to use Prydaz, paired with whatever works best for that particular boss.

    Soul of the Netherlord is a nice choice for Wrath of Azshara.

    There you go, now other people can add more and fill in the rest.

  10. #10
    For people that like the belt for trash do you mean big pulls? After the initial DoTs I usually find that all/nearly all the targets already have UA on them and usually SSs are not an issue anyhow. We do usually pull light though in my groups.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    For people that like the belt for trash do you mean big pulls? After the initial DoTs I usually find that all/nearly all the targets already have UA on them and usually SSs are not an issue anyhow. We do usually pull light though in my groups.
    You can still use the belt on smaller numbers of targets. Just pump excess UAs into a priority target, and time the ones on off targets to land juuuust as the previous one falls off to fish for belt procs.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You can still use the belt on smaller numbers of targets. Just pump excess UAs into a priority target, and time the ones on off targets to land juuuust as the previous one falls off to fish for belt procs.
    Thanks for the reply.

    If I forget to change out after a boss that is what I do. I guess I must just prefer other leggos then as it doesn't "feel" right to me in that situation. Of course this is just subjective, maybe it actually performs very well.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    If I forget to change out after a boss that is what I do. I guess I must just prefer other leggos then as it doesn't "feel" right to me in that situation. Of course this is just subjective, maybe it actually performs very well.
    There's tons of variations, based on what the comp is, what other gear you have, what the affixes are, etc. I think sharing various combos is the best way to approach this, and people can select what fits their own setup best. Few of us have the luxury of having every combination of legendary, tier pieces, and off-pieces just lying around.

  14. #14
    Chest + Sephuz is my favorite atm for trash. Precast seed, put up Agony, procc sephuz for those ticks and then spam UAs to procc the chest. In a WIA+Contagion built this makes for some pretty ridiculous numbers.

  15. #15
    How do you guys reliably proc sephuz, especially on bosses? Coil?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    How do you guys reliably proc sephuz, especially on bosses? Coil?
    I swap out for most bosses (when I remember). Unless the CC (fear/stun) or interrupt actually succeeds then no it will not proc the ring (at one point it did but they fixed it).

    Naturally certain boss fights have adds that you can proc it on though.
    Last edited by Spikeyshadow; 2017-08-09 at 02:22 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    How do you guys reliably proc sephuz, especially on bosses? Coil?
    There's really only two good options, Coil or Howl. The differences are marginal, given that their CDs are only 5 seconds apart and neither lines up perfectly with Sephuz (few fights will be long enough for Howl to result in an extra use of Sephuz). Pick between what you think gives you the best utility in a given situation, fearing multiple mobs or healing yourself.

    As was mentioned, it's important to know exactly which boss fights allow for Sephuz activations and which do not. That's a general rule for M+ anyway: know what is going to happen, and plan ahead accordingly.

  18. #18
    How high is high?

    I use Prydaz and Sephuz for 20's+.

    Power Cord for Tyrannical instead of Sephuz.

    Also you can proc Sephuz with BE Racial, Howl of Terror. Swap it out for bosses, unless it has fearable adds or critters nearby. For example the Giant Boss in EoA has loads of critters you can fear to proc Sephuz.

  19. #19
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    5
    Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't play aff at all. But if you're running Sephuz you should be running Supremacy with infernal and you can use Meteor strike to proc the ring. Pretty sure it's a 30 sec cd as well so works perfectly.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Percadu View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't play aff at all. But if you're running Sephuz you should be running Supremacy with infernal and you can use Meteor strike to proc the ring. Pretty sure it's a 30 sec cd as well so works perfectly.
    You are in fact wrong

    First of all, Meteor Strike is a 1 minute cooldown, which is significantly longer.

    But more importantly, using Infernal on ST is a noticeable DPS loss - while Howl and Coil are practically free given that it's 1 GCD you can easily squeeze into the rotation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •