Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You are in fact wrong

First of all, Meteor Strike is a 1 minute cooldown, which is significantly longer.

But more importantly, using Infernal on ST is a noticeable DPS loss - while Howl and Coil are practically free given that it's 1 GCD you can easily squeeze into the rotation.
    Well, given that most ST fights are bosses and you won't be able to proc sephuz anyway (unless they cast), I'd say that Infernal was suggested as pet for trash. You're correct on the 1 min, though, which - to be very honest - is an absolute joke, given that it is one of THE weakest aoe stuns in game that has the longest CD.

Thanks for the tips. Howl is unfortunately not available to me because I'm Ally. So coil it is. Just a different thought was the knock-back from the succubus, but then again, the succy itself will probably be a bigger damage loss than the gain from Sephuz (if it works at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Howl is unfortunately not available to me because I'm Ally.
    Ehrm, what?

Deleted
    Ehrm, what?
    Thought howl referred to the BE racial? As it can't be howl of terror, can it?

You are in fact wrong

First of all, Meteor Strike is a 1 minute cooldown, which is significantly longer.

But more importantly, using Infernal on ST is a noticeable DPS loss - while Howl and Coil are practically free given that it's 1 GCD you can easily squeeze into the rotation.
    You do use infernal on trash. So you can proc it with the 1 minute cooldown, and you also spec for coil or howl, meaning you can typically proc it again immediately after Sephuz is off CD.

Between those options along with hardcasting fear on mobs that are vulnerable to it, or switching to the DG on an interruptable boss, you should be able to keep Sephuz on CD rather easily.

The only time I swap away from it is if I know the boss has literally no way to proc it and those are actually fewer than you'd imagine with a little creativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought howl referred to the BE racial? As it can't be howl of terror, can it?
    Why can't it? Howl of Terror is a perfectly viable option. I prefer coil myself, but it's really just personal preference between the two.

Unless you have a tank/comp that specifically wants Howl, use coil. Or use Howl and see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Unless you have a tank/comp that specifically wants Howl, use coil. Or use Howl and see what happens....
    Howl breaks absolutely instantly on any kind of damage. You should run it regardless of Sephuz, it's essentially an AoE interrupt and off the global cooldown. Great for abilities that can only be interrupted with CC.

Howl is amazing in M+, there's tons of uses for it.

Of course it breaks almost immediately. And I never said there wasn't good use for it; what I said was check with your tank. Or as I wrote, just use it and see if there's any issue; there may not be. So be it. One group I run with for example would find howl annoying on skittish; and the interrupt isn't needed at all with that comp (we're overloaded with interrupts and they aren't incompetent). So coil makes more sense. But again, check with the tank/group comp.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-08-14 at 12:02 AM.

Of course it breaks almost immediately. And I never said there wasn't good use for it; what I said was check with your tank. Or as I wrote, just use it and see if there's any issue; there may not be. So be it. One group I run with for example would find howl annoying on skittish; and the interrupt isn't needed at all with that comp (we're overloaded with interrupts and they aren't incompetent). So coil makes more sense. But again, check with the tank/group comp.
    I mean, coil doesn't break on damage and makes things path out of the tanks way. Granted it's only one mob, but you'd think that would be more annoying. The extra heal is nice from coil, but quite honestly even if you have tons of interrupts I struggle to think of a comp that just doesn't need an extra aoe interrupt. Maybe you run with warriors and all belfs ect, but even if everyone is competent it's always nice to know you can contribute if someone happens to make a mistake. Doesn't matter how good you and your whole group are, mistakes happen.

I do run with warriors, shammies and mages. Not once have they needed an interrupt. I don't even use coil tbh. Just never needed it for interrupts, it's only ever been a quick heal. I don't think i've ran with a single group this xpac that expected me as a lock to interrupt. But others apparently have different experiences.

I do run with warriors, shammies and mages. Not once have they needed an interrupt. I don't even use coil tbh. Just never needed it for interrupts, it's only ever been a quick heal. I don't think i've ran with a single group this xpac that expected me as a lock to interrupt. But others apparently have different experiences.
    It depends on the comp, and the level of M+ you're doing. If you're in 20-22 territory, there's a shitton of abilities that are must-interrupts or someone (or everyone) will die. Having access to more makes things a lot easier.

But honestly, the main reason to use these abilities remains Sephuz.

Correct. That's my point; and that was in my first post to begin with. Not sure how many different ways to communicate the same thing: comp matters to what you take. I mean the point here isn't difficult: think of the comp; think of the affixes; think of what your tank wants/doesn't want. All I did was caution about this; don't go in howling the fuck out of trash unless your group expects such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chest + Sephuz for trash most of the time but it varies on affixes and the dungeon.

For tyrannical I tend to switch out Sephuz on bosses for the class ring with soul conduit obviously.

Deleted
    Quick question on Howl: Are these fears part of the diminishing returns on stuns? So for example if there is a trash group that has been aoe stunned by warry first, then shaman then shadow, basically they are stun immune after that. Are they then also howl immune or are fears separate from stuns?

Quick question on Howl: Are these fears part of the diminishing returns on stuns? So for example if there is a trash group that has been aoe stunned by warry first, then shaman then shadow, basically they are stun immune after that. Are they then also howl immune or are fears separate from stuns?
    From what I understand, stuns and fears are separate. But I haven't really run into DR being an issue, maybe that's just my comp idk.

Deleted
    For big trashpacks Kiljaeden + Sephuz is the best in my opinion. I also play with Pharamere, the Krosus AoE trinket. It's especially strong on huge trash packs where the mobs die fast, spiderroom or the first Blob pull in Arcway as a good example. Apply 2 Agony's, fire away a seed, apply 2-3 more agony's, Infernal stun, blow both trinekts and start hammering away on seed. Make sure that your AoE gear only aims for Crit + Haste too, seed and Soulflame doesn't benefit from mastery. Just make sure to equip your AoE gear ahead of time when you know that big pulls are coming.

When trinkets are on cooldown I just swap back to my single target gear. For single target Soul of the Netherlord and Belt are BiS. That's only for me since I'm lucky and have T19 Robe and Shoulders at 920.

For 2-4 target I still use belt and the Ring. Bracers could actually be extremely strong as it's really beneficial to rotate UA's on all targets and get insane soulshard proccs. Probably gonna try it when it's fortified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't affect stuns the slightest. Howl away!

Deleted
    You should go Execute ring + Sephuz on stunnable packs (replace sephuz with chest if you are specced into seed spam and you can seed the mobs)
    On bosses its the standard ring + belt or belt + chest nothing too fancy

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    You should go Execute ring + Sephuz on stunnable packs
    I'm not sure I like Ring on trash, even on high M+ things just seem to die too quickly once they're low. Maybe that's a comp problem (MM+Warrior will do that). I prefer Belt for more UAs all around, or if it's Seed-friendly packs, Chest.

Ring is great for most bosses, though.

If anything, this just serves to prove how variable things can be, and how adaptable you have to become in turn. Switching around several gearsets can really make a noticeable difference.

Can't wait to get back into high M+s once I have all the required legs on my US account...