Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WOW i disagree, as much as i dislike store mounts, this expansion has brought ALOT of nice and new mounts and if this is just one store mount i'm ok with it. Back in wod we didn't get ANY content and they kept bringing in store mount which no one was ok with

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    It's really about quick easy money that hurts your business vs long term investment that REALLY pays off.

Facebook didn't take the easy road of ads, which was tempting and for many justifiable.
    There was a certain gaming company that set up an entire vanguard online playing plataform entirely for free. Yes, for free. You bought their single player games (Diablo, Warcraft II) and got as bonus access to play their multiplayer online on Battle.net without paying any extra fee at all, without ads, nothing.
    Is it dumb offering a free service like this? Or is it creating and nurturing a faithful playerbase, extending the longevity and relevance of your products, and putting your franchises more and more into the minds of people?

Sure it's easy to sell a mount shop.
    But is it better than crowning the whole architeture of your game, boosting the investment-reward dynamic that is at the core of the experience?

It's so Activision forgeting long term business building just to earn some quick few bucks.
    uhhh yes they did >_> facebook has a fuck ton of adds, and steals your information then sells it to advertisers to show adds to you based on what you post
    i havent memeorized the exact details but it even once knew a person was gay and advertised gay products to them before they even came out

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    His brother dropped a sparkle moose mount.

But yeah, I agree OP. Ethically blizzard shouldn't have an ingame store whilst charging a subscription, but I doubt blizzard care.
    Why not? It's a cosmetic item, it bring you 0 in game power, and doesn't do anything else that will affect another players game. If they were selling an entire raid set that was stronger than Tomb of Sargeras gear in the store, that would be problematic. This is an optional cosmetic item, for people who can afford it, to purchase the mount. I see no problems with this system. It's not like you're forced to get any of the store or even TCG mount for that matter to get the achieve for 300+ mounts.

Honestly, if the store wasn't around this mount would have never even been made in the first place. It probably only got the ok by the higher up's, so they can recoup the costs of paying the design team to make it.

I think the mount is fine on the store, whatever, one ok mount once in awhile being added to the store doesent matter because we are getting so many cool mounts in 7.3
    also the argument "BUT KILJADEN HAS NO MYTHIC MOUNT WTF"
    Vanilla/bc had no raid mounts (other then kaelthas but that was one)
    Nax has no raid mounts all the 1 boss raids (And vault) had no raid mounts other then Sath (last boss garunteed based on dificulty i mean, yes they have a "random drop chance" but so does mistress have the worm)
    So on so forth, TONS of raids to come out, did not have the final boss give a garunteed mount on the highest level. want recent examples?
    Emerald nightmare, trial of valor, highmaul, mogushan vaults, heart of fear, terrace of endless springs,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    His brother dropped a sparkle moose mount.

But yeah, I agree OP. Ethically blizzard shouldn't have an ingame store whilst charging a subscription, but I doubt blizzard care.
    well to be fair he didnt drop the sparkle moose mount, he gave you an item of the legion ,that when turned into the druids, they REWARDED you with the moose... Archimonde himself did not drop the moose... He dropped a fel infused mech

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    This made me spit out my coffee! It's been a while since I've read something so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So...

Kil'Jaeden mythic doesn't award any mount at all.

Yet Blizzard had this model ready to deliver, and decided to instead sell it.

Let me get this straight: you accept the challenge and play the game to the highest level. Invest tons of hours gearing up, perfecting gameplay, farming, progressing. It takes a lot of dedication to climb this mountain and clear a mythic raid. Specially bosses like Avatar and KJ. Everything in the game converges to this challenge, that is clearing the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    You finally do it and, unlike Yogg0, Lich King25H, RagnarosH, etc, you get nothing from freaking Kil'Jaeden, one of the most important figures in the history of WoW.
    And there was a really good looking mount, with a somewhat draenic flavor, that was just ready to go to shop.

Come on, guys.

And people to this day insist that it wasn't cancer putting a mount shop on a game you pay for retail, for expansions AND A MONTHLY FEE.
    When they introduced this shop at the end of wotlk there was outrage, but ofc white knights would defend it as "fine", "acceptable business model", "won't affect quality mounts being released outside shop", etc.

If Wotlk was today Mimiron's Head would be a shop mount.
    Heart of fear, mogushan vaults, terrace of endless springs.
    Highmaul.
    Emerald nightmare, trial of valor.
    All raids from the 3 recent expansions that their final bosses DID NOT drop a mount.
    thats just the last three expansions, it happened even more often before Mop, hell Vanilla had none, and BC had kaelthas thats it.

This is the only comment in this entire post that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It surprises you they want the profit route as opposed to the free route?

As long as people pay for it, the shop isn't going anywhere.
    25€ is only about 300k gold

Mythic Gul'dan mount for reference went for around ~6M gold when it was relevant

I wish that damn green infernal was buyable. I want it so bad and it is stuck behind stupid ass RNG I can never overcome (I am single handedly the most unlucky person when it comes to mounts, I have been running Strath for 8 fucking years and still don't have the charger).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised there wasn't one from him at all since he's such a major guy, like even a recolored infernal mount would have been entirely appropriate. I don't feel like we're owed one, though, and there's far more precedent for there not being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    One is not like the other. Again stop spreading misinformation
    One is exactly the same as the other. Stop believing everything you read on the internet. Much of it could be true, but some if it might not be.

remember back in the day in street fighter where you had to complete the game on hard difficulties to unlock hidden characters but now you have to pay to unlock them? same thing

Out of all the mounts that has been added to PVE content, how many store mounts were added? 20? 101... like the Dalmatians? I mean, Blizzard is just throwing all the mounts and stores and barely giving love to the hardcore; PVE'ers and PVP'ers.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol.

Thank you sir for giving me my second signature quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    The game's not free though, there's no "free route" whatsoever.
    So people have to pay extra fees in order to raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    So people have to pay extra fees in order to raid?
    Yeah, the monthly fee. Don't skip the obvious.
    Not to mention the time itself it takes to raid, which is way more important than 12 or 30 EUR.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I really don't think a lot of the actual mythic raiders care too much whether or not KJ drops a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yeah, the monthly fee. Don't skip the obvious.
    Not to mention the time itself it takes to raid, which is way more important than 12 or 30 EUR.
    I guess some people feel the need to have to state something that should be obvious to anyone who actually plays WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess some people feel the need to have to state something that should be obvious to anyone who actually plays WoW?
    I guess it's needed?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    End game bosses on mythic should have a cosmetic reward. Shame the mount didn't go live.