Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I still don't like them. *shrugs*
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand tattoos, and I especially can't stand them on hot women. It annoys the fuck out of me that people would mar and damage their otherwise beautiful skin like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I can't stand tattoos, and I especially can't stand them on hot women. It annoys the fuck out of me that people would mar and damage their otherwise beautiful skin like that.
    Similar to me, smoking is the #1 turnoff for me regardless, visible obvious large tattoos certainly come #2.

They are pretty lame now, everybody and there mother has them now. I always had better things to spend my money on.

Its always been cool, but became more cool in the past 30 years????

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    but why? I really want to know.
    cause it looks cool, my dude.

at least, if you don't get something stupid it looks cool. like this dude, this dude got illidan's tattoos and that's fucking awesome

When hipster and "deep thinkers" started coming out.

They say that their tattoos mean something deep and are not just to show off. Most pointless idea and marketing ever.

Don't get me wrong. I love artistry on any canvas..but damn some people are taking it to the extreme. I love art but can not even imagine it for one second on my skin.

- - - Updated - - -

My niece and my roommates are getting tattoos every week..most of the time they are complete shit though...i don't understand it.
    around 10000 years ago .

Deleted
    It seems to come in waves, just becomes a trend that goes in and out. I personally prefer larger tattoos to small ones, I find them less disjointed. Particularly when it comes to a back tattoo. I find a full back tattoo on a woman much more interesting and appealing than a small lower back one, when people use their body as a canvas for a single piece, rather than scribbles on a page.

Deleted
    I would say about 75% of my mates have tattoos that cover their bodies. Loads with neck, head and hand tattoos.

My girlfriend has a sleeve, but whilst I like them, I cannot ever find something that would really make me want to commit.

I have to regularly change the pictures and stuff on my walls in my flat, I get bored of looking at them, so that speaks volumes!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    For the longest time in human history we had no way of knowing who the real morons of society were. Until today, where people will go and place drawings on their bodies that never go away well at least not until they die and the skin deteroriates.

When I see any person with a tattoo, I see a person willing to tell the world they are morons.

At least thats my .02 as to why people get tattoos. Because anyone with a decent functioning brain(very very few on the planet left it seems) would not do anything so stupid.
    Oh silly you. Tattoos are not a recent thing. Ya derp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    They've always been cool, they've not always been mainstream.
    They were only perceived as cool by those getting tattoos... I don't think they are cool, they don't bother me since, well, who cares it's not my body. But they are not cool in any way
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

I dont have tatoos i would never get one but i have friends who got tattoos , the way i see it is that its always been in our lifes , the last few years though they became "fashion" , so its no longer a form of expression just a cool thing :/

Deleted
    Tattoo's were always cool (ok subjective). Your question should be: when did tattoos become socially accepted.

I love tattoos on others bodies not on mine body

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    My skin is absolutely not beautiful, it's patchy, kinda dry and covered in the remnants of self-harm. Should I be allowed tattoos?

Deleted
    Tattoos can have many meanings and often times people get them as mementos of very important things in their lives. But if you want to get rid of that you can just look at them as another form of ornaments for the body. So if you're against tattoos you might as well be against wearing colorful hats, earrings, bracelets, ties, etc.

You don't have to like them and that's fine, but just as people should respect the fact that you don't like them, you should also consider respecting the fact that some people like them. People think differently and have different perceptions of what they should or shouldn't do with their bodies.
    If you think all people with tattoos are morons it's like thinking that all people who listen to metal are devil worshipers, all people that like Raggae music are potheads, etc., and that's just very ignorant of you (no offense intended).
    Besides, tattoos haven't been permanent for a long time now. You can remove them with lasers fairly easily. Painfully, but easily.
    My advice for you would be to accept the fact that there will be people that think and act differently than you, it's going to help you survive on this planet among ppl with different tastes.
    My closing statement would be this:
    "Some people like to put ketchup on their fries instead of dipping them individually in ketchum. OMG, what a bunch of morons". Doesn't that sound stupid? Now replace the ketchup bit with "getting tattoos". It's the same in the sense that it doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't affect you, why should you care about what people do with ketchup...I mean tattoos...It's not like they're getting them on your skin.
    Hope this was of some help.

P.S: When my cat dies, I'm getting her claw marks tattooed on my arm as a reminder of the times we shared <3

Deleted
    Tattoos can have many meanings and often times people get them as mementos of very important things in their lives. But if you want to get rid of that you can just look at them as another form of ornaments for the body. So if you're against tattoos you might as well be against wearing colorful hats, earrings, bracelets, ties, etc.

You don't have to like them and that's fine, but just as people should respect the fact that you don't like them, you should also consider respecting the fact that some people like them. People think differently and have different perceptions of what they should or shouldn't do with their bodies.
    If you think all people with tattoos are morons it's like thinking that all people who listen to metal are devil worshipers, all people that like Raggae music are potheads, etc., and that's just very ignorant of you (no offense intended).
    Besides, tattoos haven't been permanent for a long time now. You can remove them with lasers fairly easily. Painfully, but easily.
    My advice for you would be to accept the fact that there will be people that think and act differently than you, it's going to help you survive on this planet among ppl with different tastes.
    My closing statement would be this:
    "Some people like to put ketchup on their fries instead of dipping them individually in ketchup. OMG, what a bunch of morons". Doesn't that sound stupid? Now replace the ketchup bit with "getting tattoos". It's the same in the sense that it doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't affect you, why should you care about what people do with ketchup...I mean tattoos...It's not like they're getting them on your skin.
    Hope this was of some help.

P.S: When my cat dies, I'm getting her claw marks tattooed on my arm as a reminder of the times we shared <3
    P.S 2: She's not agressive, she just doesn't understand that her claws aren't toys...but I love her and we snuggle often
    P.S 3: If this gets posted two times, I'm sorry, something went wrong

Deleted
    They are still only present amongst certain groups of people.

snip
    Ehm.. Around 4000 years ago or so? African tribes, britons/celt/germanic tribes, european druids, many native tribes from around the world including Hawaii, south america, and New Zealand had been using tattoos in some shape or form.

Romans had used branding and tattoos to mark slaves but it was also used in the military and became a matter of pride for soldiers who had the mark of famous/successful legions.

My niece and my roommates are getting tattoos every week..most of the time they are complete shit though...i don't understand it.
    Never understood the attraction of getting small, pathetic, random, shit looking tattoos everywhere. I'm a massive fan of detailed, artistic pieces. I myself have a full sleeve depicting 4 greek gods which took 6x 7.5h sits at £270 per sit, and was done by one of the top artists in my country. Each sit had a 6 month waiting period. Took me years to decide exactly what I wanted. To me that makes sense.