ToS Destro Talents

Hey

For ToS i rerolled Destro WL and i'm quite happy with it. I don't raid on a high level atm (normal/heroic) but i'm corious to know what talents other Destro WL run on each boss.

Since i'm not playing my WL that long i only have 2 legs. Soul of the Netherlord and Magistrike Restraints. So for i'm running Eradication / ELT for each boss on row 30. But to clarify i will choose the talent i would take if i didn't have the legendary.

Goroth: 1/2/1/3/2/1/2
    Demonic Inq.: 1/2/1/3/2/2/2
    Harjatan: 1/3/1/2/2/2/2
    Mistress: 1/3/1/2/2/2/2
    Sisters: 1/2/1/3/2/2/2
    Host: 1/3/1/2/2/2/2
    Maiden: 1/2/1/3/2/1/2
    Kil'Jaeden: 1/2/1/3/2/2/2

What talents do you use? Are my talents the right choice?

As i said I'm new to Destro WL so I'm always happy to know if there's things i could do better.

Warcraftlogs.com

So generally for any time you want to know what people are doing, you can go to warcraft logs, click the lil dropdown menu in the top left, pick a boss, filter by what class / spec you want as well as the difficulty you're playing, and see what people are using.

Understand that the top parses are going to be a mix of RNG and strategies that allow for padding up numbers so what people are using there may not be whats best to help you kill a fight.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Warcraftlogs.com

So generally for any time you want to know what people are doing, you can go to warcraft logs, click the lil dropdown menu in the top left, pick a boss, filter by what class / spec you want as well as the difficulty you're playing, and see what people are using.

Understand that the top parses are going to be a mix of RNG and strategies that allow for padding up numbers so what people are using there may not be whats best to help you kill a fight.
    Thanks for your response.

I know warcraftlogs. But there are 2 reasons i posted this in a forum instead of just looking on warcraftlogs.

1. I'm interested in opinions not statistics.
    2. I' gonna quote you again here: "Understand that the top parses are going to be a mix of RNG and strategies that allow for padding up numbers "

Thanks again for your response i will surely look into warcraftlogs too after some responses or if the thread get's old without any.

I'm going to be assuming you're running with your own group / guild for ToS.

Demonic Inquisition:
    You should be running Wreak Havoc for Demonic Inquisition instead of Channel Demonfire - it's just a bit of common sense really, yes there will be downtime in which you can't effectively use Havoc (Fel Squal + Bone Saw combo) but for a very decent amount of the fight, you'll get a lot of DPS from effective Havoc usage.

Harjatan:
    I'm.. a bit sceptical about your choice for Fire and Brimstone here, I guess it's largely dependant on how quickly your group kills the murlocs but even with 'slow' groups, the adds shouldn't live long enough to get any meaningful gain from Fire and Brimstone, you'd be much better suited going Soul Harvest to actually buff your abilities for 12~ seconds than getting maybe an extra two incinerates on the murlocs. Remember, they need to be considerably clumped / close in order to actually utilise Fire and Brimstone.

Desolate Host:
    Again, I don't really think you'll get much out of Fire and Brimstone. If you're on the top side - the adds should be quickly getting to the 35% mark at which point you'll be doing non-existent damage until their shield is gone and when it is gone, the adds should evaporate. Granted I've never really gone downstairs but as far as I'm aware the adds aren't exactly stacked.

Maiden:
    Don't use Supremacy.

I guess this comes down to how all the other casters in your group play, you should be able to Wreak Havoc just fine on it. Bit of personal preference, I've seen people do well with both talents.

Unless I've misread how you allocated your talents for some fights, the ones that I haven't mentioned don't really need to be discussed because you're good with your talent choice for them. You'll probably want to keep Soul of the Netherlord equipped by the way, Magistrike should be the legendary you're replacing when you hopefully get Lessons of Space-Time soon(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghormus View Post
    I guess this comes down to how all the other casters in your group play, you should be able to Wreak Havoc just fine on it. Bit of personal preference, I've seen people do well with both talents.
    My mates were angry with me for WreakHavoking chaosbolts to Maiden almost all the time. Assuming that we boost her only when she's shielded, simple Havok would be enough, so go for CDF.

Demonic Inquisition:
    You should be running Wreak Havoc for Demonic Inquisition instead of Channel Demonfire - it's just a bit of common sense really, yes there will be downtime in which you can't effectively use Havoc (Fel Squal + Bone Saw combo) but for a very decent amount of the fight, you'll get a lot of DPS from effective Havoc usage.

Harjatan:
    I'm.. a bit sceptical about your choice for Fire and Brimstone here, I guess it's largely dependant on how quickly your group kills the murlocs but even with 'slow' groups, the adds shouldn't live long enough to get any meaningful gain from Fire and Brimstone, you'd be much better suited going Soul Harvest to actually buff your abilities for 12~ seconds than getting maybe an extra two incinerates on the murlocs. Remember, they need to be considerably clumped / close in order to actually utilise Fire and Brimstone.

Desolate Host:
    Again, I don't really think you'll get much out of Fire and Brimstone. If you're on the top side - the adds should be quickly getting to the 35% mark at which point you'll be doing non-existent damage until their shield is gone and when it is gone, the adds should evaporate. Granted I've never really gone downstairs but as far as I'm aware the adds aren't exactly stacked.

Maiden:
    Don't use Supremacy.

Unless I've misread how you allocated your talents for some fights, the ones that I haven't mentioned don't really need to be discussed because you're good with your talent choice for them. You'll probably want to keep Soul of the Netherlord equipped by the way, Magistrike should be the legendary you're replacing when you hopefully get Lessons of Space-Time soon(tm).
    Ok now i'm corious.

On Demonic Inq. i don't use WH because i found that the cooldown of 45 sec is enough to apply for the times you actually can cleave. But maybe i'm wrong have to look into the timers again.

FaB on Harjatan is mostly my choice because i don't see the need for a burst cd. I want to make sure the adds die in time. But i guess i loose dmg there by my choice. Will try it with Soul Harvest next time.

Hm you're right on top side it's not really a good choice. I will definitly try and switch there.

On Maiden i actually use Supremacy cause on http://lockonestopshop.com it says that it sims best for single target dps. So since i didn't see a use for burst cd or anything like that i thought i'd max on ST dmg.

On avatar we only dmg maiden when she has her shield so the normal cd of havoc is more than enough.

Thanks for your suggestions i will definitly look into that.

Harjatan:

I think you're right with how fast the group kills the adds. However, the part about the adds being considerably clumped is right as just a minor point. Harjatan has a pretty big hit box and my FnBs have hit murlocs at weird angles while casting incinerate. I think that's something to consider when choosing between SH and FNB:

• How fast your adds actually die in your raid
    • How you're positioned during raid to get maximum benefit from FnB

Even when you say it's 2 incinerates, assuming that you're hitting all four adds, that's an extra 16 soulbits with T20. That's almost a CB which is ~2.5m damage. FnB could definitely overcome the benefits of SH dependent on partly those two things above.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    2. I' gonna quote you again here: "Understand that the top parses are going to be a mix of RNG and strategies that allow for padding up numbers "
    That part of my comment is more meant to say "don't just look at what top parses are doing and go deeper"

You can look up recent kills for instance, and see what people are doing who just killed the boss for the first time recently, etc etc.

This tier is very ST focused, so there's not a lot of interesting choice for talents. You tend to use almost the same ones with very little changing throughout the tier. Some things will depend on your strat and what kind of dmg is in your raid. For instance there's a decent bit of aoe to be had on harjatan if your group allows for it, but if your group instantly blows up all the adds then you're better served just going ST. You're not going to be able to discuss that so much here, as opposed to needing to figure out what your group is doing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    On Maiden i actually use Supremacy cause on http://lockonestopshop.com it says that it sims best for single target dps. So since i didn't see a use for burst cd or anything like that i thought i'd max on ST dmg.
    You need to burst the maiden's shield down, as well as the general advantages you being able to burst with potions, soul harvest, etc. The difference between Sup and Serv is small and to take advantage of it you have to switch between the Infernal and Doomguard at the right team.

You may want to consider Shadowfury on Host if you're spirit side to help stun the adds. I personally use Shadowfury on Mistress and Host (either side) since I'm using Sephuz as one of my legendary items.
    Last edited by Jaman; 2017-08-05 at 12:52 PM.