Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lost Chance - shouldn't a new BG be added with Argus?

    Wouldn't it be nice? <---insert theme song.

    Isn't Greymane/Slyvanus factions still going at it? (cc world pvp quest)

    I think a "king of the mountain" bg would be ideal.

    "This tower is important for our fight against the legion" 1 side defends the fort the other needs to capture the flag on top...graveyards are outside. Every BG is RNG which faction is in what roll.

  2. #2
    There's no real need for new BGs.

  3. #3
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    5,218
    Eye of the Felstorm

    -Argus background.
    -Black and green rocks.
    -Updated Fel Reaver & Draenei ruins
    -Blood elf and human towers replaced by Legion and Army of Light Towers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    There's no real need for new BGs.
    There is always a need for new maps. If not content gets old and boring.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    There is always a need for new maps. If not content gets old and boring.
    I disagree, more maps means more time for content to release. There is significantly much more content that is vastly more important than yet another BG.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    I disagree, more maps means more time for content to release. There is significantly much more content that is vastly more important than yet another BG.
    (1) you do know you are in a pvp forum?

    (2) there has not been a new pvp map in 5+ years (since MoP)

    (3) There are...well were because they are slowly dying off ...people who just pvp...these people got barley any content at all.

    So no there isn't any content at the moment that is significantly more important then added new pvp content.

  7. #7
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    5,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    (1) you do know you are in a pvp forum?

    (2) there has not been a new pvp map in 5+ years (since MoP)

    (3) There are...well were because they are slowly dying off ...people who just pvp...these people got barley any content at all.

    So no there isn't any content at the moment that is significantly more important then added new pvp content.
    We just got brawls but outside of Winter AB, huge missed opportunity on some map updates.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    (1) you do know you are in a pvp forum?
    Of course, that doesn't mean that I want yet another BG.


    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    (2) there has not been a new pvp map in 5+ years (since MoP)
    And, that's fine. There's hasn't been considerable demand for yet another BG to be forced into people's rotation. The vast majority are simply interested in other things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    (3) There are...well were because they are slowly dying off ...people who just pvp...these people got barley any content at all.
    There is zero proof that another BG will increase subs and PvP participation, what if the new BG is poorly received? It would drastically kill off PvP participation far more than simply not creating one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    So no there isn't any content at the moment that is significantly more important then added new pvp content.
    Subjective, you have no proof that adding a new BG would be beneficial to PvP participation over the long duration.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    We just got brawls but outside of Winter AB, huge missed opportunity on some map updates.
    Ya forgot about brawls. I don't pvp often and usually when i do its the week there is no brawls. you are quite right, that is new pvp content...that you can do every odd week on a rotating schedule.

    which is kind of lame...i really enjoyed the tauren mill vs southern shore one.....reminded me of AV turtles.....more i think of it how sad is it the only pvp i enjoyed so far in Legion i can only do for 7 days every 2-3 months?

  10. #10
    I hope so. A new bg is long overdue.

  11. #11
    Honestly I would like them to remove battlegrounds at this point, not add more. Every time they added more queueing became more frustrating. Allowing us to blacklist but not whitelist has led to pretty much everyone playing other people's least favorite BGs all the time. For example as horde I blacklist IoC and AV because cancer, yet a very large percentage of all my BGs are the MoP orb BG that many other hordes hate even more than AV/IoC. The irony is that actually fun BGs that most people would prefer over other people's blacklisted shit almost never show up! why? because of way too many battlegrounds and an idiotic blacklisting system.

  12. #12
    Deleted
    Sorry for caps but... PLEASE ADD A HUTBALL TYPE OF BATTLEGROUND FROM SWTOR! its the best BG i've played across multiple games

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Honestly I would like them to remove battlegrounds at this point, not add more. Every time they added more queueing became more frustrating. Allowing us to blacklist but not whitelist has led to pretty much everyone playing other people's least favorite BGs all the time. For example as horde I blacklist IoC and AV because cancer, yet a very large percentage of all my BGs are the MoP orb BG that many other hordes hate even more than AV/IoC. The irony is that actually fun BGs that most people would prefer over other people's blacklisted shit almost never show up! why? because of way too many battlegrounds and an idiotic blacklisting system.
    I'm tired of this too. I filter out AV and IoC, but always get Temple and Strand

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Krixooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barthilas
    Posts
    362
    We definitely do need a new battleground, probably a 10-man so it can be included in the RBG list.

    Theme-wise, there aren't any conflicts featured in Legion other than an extension of the Gilnean-Forsaken struggle, (Argus/Broken Shore is all "united" army-of-the-light nonsense), perhaps we could see some sort of naval engagement between them, I'd love to see a game type involving ships.
    Maybe some sort of king-of-the-hill gametype where parts of the map are made into no-man-zones due to naval bombardment?

    Another theme I thought of is the conflict between the Night Elves/Draenei coming from Forest Song in Ashenvale against the Goblins/Orcs in Azshara. We could maybe have a new "payload" map like Silvershard (but outdoors please) because the Goblins are terraforming Azshara.


    I wouldn't turn up my nose at a few old battleground overhauls either. Strand of the Ancients got a minor work-over in that they made bombs do more dmg than demos etc. The map is quite fun to play, but not great to queue as group.

    We haven't been totally neglected, 2 new Arena maps this xpac, plus brawls.
    Ashran in WoD was a lot of fun overall.

    Brawls have been a bit hit-and-miss
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    We just got brawls but outside of Winter AB, huge missed opportunity on some map updates.
    I totally agree, Arathi Blizzard was the only map that felt "worked on".
    Last edited by Krixooks; 2017-08-07 at 02:17 AM.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    2,773
    The expansion isn't over yet ... it is possible in a patch prior to the new expansion they could release a map that ties into the new expansion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Piffz View Post
    Sorry for caps but... PLEASE ADD A HUTBALL TYPE OF BATTLEGROUND FROM SWTOR! its the best BG i've played across multiple games
    yes, that was an amazing pvp map.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Honestly I would like them to remove battlegrounds at this point, not add more. Every time they added more queueing became more frustrating. Allowing us to blacklist but not whitelist has led to pretty much everyone playing other people's least favorite BGs all the time. For example as horde I blacklist IoC and AV because cancer, yet a very large percentage of all my BGs are the MoP orb BG that many other hordes hate even more than AV/IoC. The irony is that actually fun BGs that most people would prefer over other people's blacklisted shit almost never show up! why? because of way too many battlegrounds and an idiotic blacklisting system.
    Just FYI Horde been winning the majority of AV lately.

  17. #17
    Deleted
    I wouldn't mind a new map - or several, but with the same game modes we currently have. Another capture the flag or zone defence map would be neat and they'd have enough maps to make a CTF or ZD only play list.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Just FYI Horde been winning the majority of AV lately.
    I wish that was true.

    http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html

  19. #19
    Deleted
    A new brawl maybe?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    There is always a need for new maps. If not content gets old and boring.
    Just like dota! If they didn't release maps as frequently as they do then they wouldn't have been able to afford those holograms this TI!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •