Thread: disc mage tower

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

disc mage tower

im looking to try the challenge for the skin and was wondering what talents i should take and if i need special legendary's or dose it not matter.

How do we deal with the spell you have to interrupt? can we live thru the cast with PW:S? TY in advance for the help

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    im looking to try the challenge for the skin and was wondering what talents i should take and if i need special legendary's or dose it not matter.

How do we deal with the spell you have to interrupt? can we live thru the cast with PW:S? TY in advance for the help
    It's essentially just a dps race, since his damage increases the longer it goes on. You can start out by just using PW:S for his fel bursts, but later into the fight you'll want to use fade and the masochism talent to survive them. I found it easier to interrupt his earthquakes rather than fel bursts with Psychic Scream, just less to focus on. I took Castigation, Solace, and PtW for damage, that's about it. If you have 900 gear or better it should be pretty easy.

Don't even attempt it until you're ilvl 910+, unless you want to wipe endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Don't even attempt it until you're ilvl 910+, unless you want to wipe endlessly.
    It's definitely doable at around Ilvl 900 - 905. Things just get a little hairy near the end where the bosses cast nearly 1 shots you.

ty for the reply guys, i did this challenge on my warlock and it was super easy, but that's because i used the infernal to tank the boss. i just hit 900 ilvl so i might wait till im a little higher before i try it

also should i have healing trinkets or dps trinkets?
    Last edited by Radazar; 2017-08-06 at 12:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ty for the reply guys, i did this challenge on my warlock and it was super easy, but that's because i used the infernal to tank the boss. i just hit 900 ilvl so i might wait till im a little higher before i try it

Just anything to maximize your damage - dps trinkets, non-mastery gear, etc. It's really not a healing challenge, it's a dps challenge.

Deleted
    I have done it with ilvl ~890 and did not wipe "endlessly". It's mostly just practicing a bit and making the best out of your cooldowns.
    Didn't use any special Legendaries either; I think it was Sephuz and Norgannon's.

Edit: Here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45856582
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-06 at 09:19 AM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I too completed this at ~890 and also did not wipe "endlessly". In fact, I thought this was the easiest of the priest challenges.

Holy took me ~50 tries, Shadow ~100 (I really wanted to do the one-phase kill) and disc only about ~20.

Once you learn the mechanics of the disc challenge, it's really just rinse and repeat every time the abilities hit.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I have done it with ilvl ~890 and did not wipe "endlessly". It's mostly just practicing a bit and making the best out of your cooldowns.
    Didn't use any special Legendaries either; I think it was Sephuz and Norgannon's.

Edit: Here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45856582
    Very impressive.
    One thing i noticed tough while doing it today is that talents changed a bit compared to before.
    ToF and Castigation are one 1 line and so are Halo and Purge the Wicked.
    Had luck myself that i have the ring so i could get Castigation and Twist of Fate but boy, halo would have been nice there. I basically had to rotate constantly on the adds with purge which is a lot less dps on the boss.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Very impressive.
    One thing i noticed tough while doing it today is that talents changed a bit compared to before.
    ToF and Castigation are one 1 line and so are Halo and Purge the Wicked.
    Had luck myself that i have the ring so i could get Castigation and Twist of Fate but boy, halo would have been nice there. I basically had to rotate constantly on the adds with purge which is a lot less dps on the boss.
    Just fear him after a couple rocks fall, but before the eggs do and you won't ever get any adds. He should be dead before he can one shot you with burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Just fear him after a couple rocks fall, but before the eggs do and you won't ever get any adds. He should be dead before he can one shot you with burst.
    Well i completed it already but helpful advice for the people that didn't.

rofl, this dude really has something against discipline.

Probably my favorite of the three challenges tbh, sephuz and a prydaz will help you a ton.
    Last edited by Zeppatto; 2017-08-07 at 08:25 AM.

I tried to do it but then I realised I didn't have any relic on my disc weapon. Still got him to 45% tho.

- - - Updated - - -

which talent did you use with your warlock ? and what was your strategy ?

Homophobia is so gay.

I did it with like 925 ilvl and it was stupidly easy since nothing was lethal. 1 try.

I didn't do any of the mechanics correctly aside from occasionally using psychic scream to stop a cast

I got hit by pretty much everything else, and wasn't even sure if I was supposed to kill him or the worm first

I completed it at 898 in under 10 tries. It's not that hard. But I did have Prydaz, so I think that helped tremendously.

Completed it as 895 the first week it came out, you can definitely do it at your ilvl.

Aim to have as much damage as possible. Soaking the first few fel bursts with your face to proc twist of fate really helps in that area. As others have said before, damage ramp is quite significant as the fight progresses, but honestly the best thing I can say is do your best to time that earthquake bullshit so you don't have to worry about the eggs.

Something else that others don't really remember: you can pop mindbender and fade onto the mindbender if you dont think you'll survive the next fel burst.

It's really easy yeah. After finally getting 855 relics I completed it.

Homophobia is so gay.

Lol, I couldn't do it at 925 ilvl until I got Prydaz. I must be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Lol, I couldn't do it at 925 ilvl until I got Prydaz. I must be bad.
    I had prydaz too ... maybe that's why it was so easy for me. Tho i always made sure I had at least both masochism and a fresh shield up aswell as being at 100% health for every fel burst.

Homophobia is so gay.