Advice on monk progression

So while I am only 93 right now I am looking for some advice. This is my monk alt and I am looking to play around with Brewmaster and Mistweaver.

With the way legendaries system goes, I am looking for advice on for which spec I should focus my legendaries on.

What type of content am I focused on for this toon I think is an important factor.

For this toon I am only going up to heroic raiding and probably +15 keys at most.

So I guess I am trying to figure out out of the two specs, which spec would be worth to farm legendaries first as far as performance goes for selected specs.

I hope this is making sense its still early here. TY for your time!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuel View Post
    So while I am only 93 right now I am looking for some advice. This is my monk alt and I am looking to play around with Brewmaster and Mistweaver.

With the way legendaries system goes, I am looking for advice on for which spec I should focus my legendaries on.

What type of content am I focused on for this toon I think is an important factor.

For this toon I am only going up to heroic raiding and probably +15 keys at most.

So I guess I am trying to figure out out of the two specs, which spec would be worth to farm legendaries first as far as performance goes for selected specs.

Advice? Remember Blizzard does not care monks, so please never QQing about monks! You will be fine.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-28 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Advice? Remember Blizzard does not care monks, so please never QQing about monks! You will be fine.
    who is QQing? seriously just stop posting.

oh and by the way, monks are in a good position minus windwalkers so don't post crap info, you're not doing anyone any favors.

Deleted

Will you tank or heal raids? Will you tank or heal m+?
    I find it very easy to deliver ok/good raid healing without MW legos, as I focused BM>WW legos so far. I would be hard pressed to heal anything above m10 tho.
    On the other hand running BM shoulders+chest feels so much better than without, it's almost like a different (better) spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    On the other hand running BM shoulders+chest feels so much better than without, it's almost like a different (better) spec.
    I disagree. Well, at least partially. They're great dps legendaries, but every time I change bracers/stagger ring to them I feel like I'm being naked. I may be very conservative, but I like being tanky when I tank.

As to what spec to choose that kinda depends on what you want to do. Tanking and healing are diametric to each other and nobody can answer this question not knowing what you want to do yourself.

If it was a question about WW vs MW/BRM then it will be an easy answer in favor of WW as dps specs are the most dependent on good legendaries.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-08-28 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks Tsharna + Red, appreciate the responses. Ugh I wish we had some way to switch legendaries, even with a long cooldown

Gonna play around with MW a bit more because I literly just started to heal on it. Maybe by the time I am 110 I will know for sure.

Thanks Tsharna + Red, appreciate the responses. Ugh I wish we had some way to switch legendaries, even with a long cooldown

Gonna play around with MW a bit more because I literly just started to heal on it. Maybe by the time I am 110 I will know for sure.
    If you plan switching between specs then I would suggest you fishing for the second/third legendary for the offspec. 1st and 2nd legendary have increased drop chance and the game doesn't count the specific legendaries for your other specs. That means if you get the MW specific legendary and switch for BRM you will get your first BRM legg as you didn't have any in the first place.
    Sephuz, Prydaz, tri-spec ring (and cindaria between WW and BRM) are considered multispec legendaries and will not boost your chances tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If you plan switching between specs then I would suggest you fishing for the second/third legendary for the offspec. 1st and 2nd legendary have increased drop chance and the game doesn't count the specific legendaries for your other specs. That means if you get the MW specific legendary and switch for BRM you will get your first BRM legg as you didn't have any in the first place.
    Sephuz, Prydaz, tri-spec ring (and cindaria between WW and BRM) are considered multispec legendaries and will not boost your chances tho.
    ahh, I see. Never knew it worked like that. Nice

I would say BM assuming the chances that you play either spec are the same. I often step up and heal my guilds mythic progression for fights that require it. I do it with WW welfare legendaries and I am able to keep up with the damage enough to progress.

However, if you think you might want to dps, WW legendaries are pretty close to mandatory to put out respectable (for WW) damage during high end content.