Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Is it really SO difficult for the most powerful and wealthiest countries to assassinate a clearly corrupt leader and his council of another country that is endangering the entire world's stability? At this point getting rid of Kim Jong Un is a straight up Humanitarian goal.
    When a city of 10 million is within artillery range of that country (there are a lot of artillery positions pointed at Seoul), and would thus get about 3 minutes warning to evacuate, you tend to avoid that kind of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Assassinating the leader of a sovereign nation is a crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are there sanctions against NK anyway? They have not harmed any other nation.

... Are you joking? You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    When a city of 10 million is within artillery range of that country, and would thus get about 3 minutes warning to evacuate, you tend to avoid that kind of action.
    Which is kind of why I didn't just willy-nilly suggest it out of nowhere. The entire predicate of my statement was on preventing a retaliatory strike, which, if not possible, shouldn't be done.

This is a ridiculously ignorant position.
    America is currently the biggest war monger. Involved in dozens of armed conflicts. North Korea is involved in none and hasn't been since, guess what, America invaded them.

Should we murder the entire command structure of the USA as to stabilize the world? By your logic we should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    ... Are you joking? You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.
    Which nation is NK in active war with atm?

America is currently the biggest war monger. Involved in dozens of armed conflicts. North Korea is involved in none and hasn't been since, guess what, America invaded them.

Should we murder the entire command structure of the USA as to stabilize the world? By your logic we should.
    Your whataboutism is cute.

I'm done responding to you here. I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. Goodbye. Mischaracterize arguments elsewhere. I don't have time for children doing so myself.

Try harder next time.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-08-06 at 12:47 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are there sanctions against NK anyway? They have not harmed any other nation.
    for the same reason why US hadnt sanctions with all the wars it started...

Is it really SO difficult for the most powerful and wealthiest countries to assassinate a clearly corrupt leader and his council of another country that is endangering the entire world's stability?
    Even if they managed to pull it off *and* not have the remainders of the ruling council retaliate, do you think every other country in the world is going to be okay with this?

Your whataboutism is cute.

I'm done responding to you here. I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. Goodbye. Mischaracterize arguments elsewhere. I don't have time for children doing so myself.

Try harder next time.
    You are being a huge hypocrite. You call for the assassination of the leadership of a country that is not harming any other country.

Yet when turned around to a country that is actively harming other countries you object. Because you like said country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    for the same reason why US hadnt sanctions with all the wars it started...
    Yup. Might makes right. Krazy's preferred form of diplomacy I guess.

I'm truly sorry you're unable to understand nuance and instead make some laughable, "HURRR MIGHT MAKES RIGHT!" argument, which I never said.

I'm truly sorry you're unable to understand nuance and instead make some laughable, "HURRR MIGHT MAKES RIGHT!" argument, which I never said.
    Ok, so explain to me why we should murder people who committed no acts of war?

Ok, so explain to me why we should murder people who committed no acts of war?
    We shouldn't, just the leadership who are preparing for war, kidnap citizens of other nations for their gain and flout UN laws, sanctions and human rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Hell, many people consider the average North Korean citizen hostages, too, whether those citizens realise it or not.

Nuking NK would be a quick and easy solution, sure, but there are way too many innocents involved for anyone with the slightest claim to humanity to be able to seriously consider.
    There are actually stories of people who leave North Korea that go back there, simply because due to how they are raised and the environment they grow up in they simply cannot adjust to the freedoms and material wealth elsewhere, i guess it is a sort of the same as stockholm syndrome but on a nation wide scale. As information out of NK is not reliable this could all just be propaganda, but still gut feeling tells me there has to be some truth in it.

They have been living under these conditions for so long that i would not expect that the majority would actually see outsiders freeing them from that regime as liberators, there is also the problem of succession, who would lead such a nation that would without a doubt be divided.

- - - Updated - - -

they harmed North Korean nation.

With China shifting to the United Nations side that leaves only Putin and Elba on North Korea's side.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is a ridiculously ignorant position. North Korea has always been a bluster state, willing to do every kind of deception and lie possible to hold onto its command structure.

Allowing such an unstable and foreign nation access to NUCLEAR WEAPONS, the use of which could lead to the literal end of the world, is ignorant at best, horribly, HORRIBLY, irresponsible at worst.
    So you want to take Americas nukes then?

Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    they harmed North Korean nation.
    Their own nation. Not our business. America is incarcerating millions of its citizens. Should the EU intervene due to the humanitarian crisis in the US?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    With China shifting to the United Nations side that leaves only Putin and Elba on North Korea's side.
    I am on the side of freedom and sovereignty.

Deleted
    This. It's sad when even China and Russia support the US in their ilegal vendetta against this innocent country who has never harmed any other. They have every right to develop their missiles. The US, China and Russia need to fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot how stupid Elba was, by his logic hey, lets just leave that angry looking kid on the playground holding a loaded gun alone, he hasn't harmed anyone yet, it's ok

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-06 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    So you want to take Americas nukes then?
    The only reason your country and any other has nuclear weapons at all is because of the United States. And the only reason Europe has been even remotely as stable as it is because the United States allowed some of those countries to have nuclear weapons.

Show some fucking gratitude.

North Korea is involved in none and hasn't been since, guess what, America invaded them.
    North Korea is actively at war with South Korea and has been since 1950. America did not invade North Korea. North Korea is the aggressor here.

At any given time there is enough North Korean artillery aimed at Seoul to kill 10's of thousands of people within minutes.

Yes, the U.S. is actively shitty a lot of the time. That doesn't mean North Korea isn't problematic.

Fortunately, China is looking at reigning in their excesses. I get why China wants North Korea to exist but the South Korea benefits China far more then North Korea ever did or will. It might be getting to the time when that little buffer zone isn't wanted or needed.