Deleted

Sisters of the moon M tank bug.

Hey fellow Brewmasters
    So im having a bit of a problem on Sisters of the moon Mythic. alot of times i bug out when im getting hit by [Discorporate] (tank debuff) So when I move to the other side of the moon to trigger [Astral Purge], it doesn't trigger now or for the rest of the encounter. So I'm stock with it for the full duration, and its ignoring as F.. Last night it happened 7 times out of 22 pulls. So are there any of you there knows this bug or is there something you can do to stop it?
    If needed i also got video if it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had the same problem last night, but on my guardian druid (using the challenge skin). Near the end, on our first kill, I noticed that I did in fact still trigger Astral Purges (confirmed via logs), but the game registered me as standing elsewhere. My purges triggered when the line was still a couple of meters away. I was standing in the center of the room (my guild mates confirmed this) but my purges were triggered when the line reached the melee camp to my left (I was looking at the entrance, thus the line moved from left to right from my point of view).

So when trying to intentionally trigger a purge to get rid of my tank debuff it seemed as if I couldn't trigger purges because I didn't cross the line far enough for it to register.

I have no idea what triggered the bug but it doesn't seem to be BrM-specific. I only found this thread via Google btw.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Happened one time on our mythic progress, no idea what triggered it. +50 pulls and bugged ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me today on Mythic with my pally. Raid told me i triggered it, but debuff remained.

I had this issue last night. On some pulls it would be ok, but on a few the moon's border would actually trigger about 10-15 yards further than where it was visually. Once I figured out where the line actually was I could work around it, but it was bizarre. I caused extra stacks more than once because I would be stutter stepping away from the line to avoid triggering it, when the line was actually underneath me, causing stacks aplenty.

I think it might be caused by torpedoing/rolling across the line or something, not sure. It feels like that's what it was, when I torpedo across, I cause an explosion where the torpedo ended, and then that 'offset' would be where new triggers happen from then on. It wasn't consistent though which is frustrating. I had the best results just walking across the line, don't torpedo or transcendence or anything funky and I was ok for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    I had this issue last night. On some pulls it would be ok, but on a few the moon's border would actually trigger about 10-15 yards further than where it was visually. Once I figured out where the line actually was I could work around it, but it was bizarre. I caused extra stacks more than once because I would be stutter stepping away from the line to avoid triggering it, when the line was actually underneath me, causing stacks aplenty.

I think it might be caused by torpedoing/rolling across the line or something, not sure. It feels like that's what it was, when I torpedo across, I cause an explosion where the torpedo ended, and then that 'offset' would be where new triggers happen from then on. It wasn't consistent though which is frustrating. I had the best results just walking across the line, don't torpedo or transcendence or anything funky and I was ok for the most part.
    I've seen it happen on normal and heroic and on my own VDH as well as my friends guardian druid.

Just a weird bug and definitely not tied to monk or any monk specific abilities, also not exclusive to mythic just a bug with the floor in general. Other roles probably get it to, it's just less noticeable on a non tank and people probably don't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I've seen it happen on normal and heroic and on my own VDH as well as my friends guardian druid.

Just a weird bug and definitely not tied to monk or any monk specific abilities, also not exclusive to mythic just a bug with the floor in general. Other roles probably get it to, it's just less noticeable on a non tank and people probably don't even realize it.
    It's very weird that it's player-specific though. Like, if it was a bug with the floor visual you'd think everyone would still pop it at the same place. but no, I can see others pop it on the line exactly while mine is a few yards offset.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far, it seems like the issue not specific to a specific class but rather to tanks. Every tank aside from Warri/DK has been mentioned as being affected so far. Though the name of the thread might mean that non-tanks don't even bother to read it even if they have the same problem.

As for the hypothesis whether it might be related to Roll (or similar movement abilities that displace you): considering that Paladins only have a movement speed increase but no displacement I doubt that Roll (or Transcendence) is the cause. Maybe it has something to do with being hit by a certain boss ability at the wrong time? But if it was just that, then both tanks in a raid should eventually experience the issue. In my guild's case, only I was affected, my co-tank never experienced the issue. Maybe it's related to some trinket effect? What else do different tanks share? Taunt? Auto-attacks? o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    All non-tanks have to move often enough in this fight as well to notice the issue (if it ever occurs for non-tanks).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

So last night I had a large offset on the very first pull, hadn't even crossed yet and I pulsed before the moon reached me. Subsequent pulls were correct. We did reset sisters first cause we used lust on trash, maybe resetting the boss without standing on the moon has something to do with it.