Question My Affli legendaries

So i have cloak, legs, boots and sacrolash. Looking at sims i was surprised that all legendaries seem to be so close but i just feel like its misleading. Belt proc just seems amazing and the fact that maybe with belt + neck u can fit new 4p and old 2p would be great.

So i guess my question is are those sims is how it actually is in reality and me wearing cloak and sacrolash for example doesnt put me at that big of disadvantage comapred to 2 bis leggos and its all just in my head?

As trinks i use 900 whisperer and 885 mastery stat stick with socket. Looking at sims it feels like arcano would benefit me even more then a good legendary. :/

Sims are somewhat misleading because they don't take into account the special mechanics of fights. And very often it is those mechanics that make certain legendaries better than others. Switching gear on a per-fight basis is necessary if you want to compete on DPS rankings. M+ is another story altogether. Then there's also concerns like e.g. progression fights, where you may want to start off with one setup, and switch to another as you get deeper into the fight. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    So i have cloak, legs, boots and sacrolash. Looking at sims i was surprised that all legendaries seem to be so close but i just feel like its misleading. Belt proc just seems amazing and the fact that maybe with belt + neck u can fit new 4p and old 2p would be great.

So i guess my question is are those sims is how it actually is in reality and me wearing cloak and sacrolash for example doesnt put me at that big of disadvantage comapred to 2 bis leggos and its all just in my head?

As trinks i use 900 whisperer and 885 mastery stat stick with socket. Looking at sims it feels like arcano would benefit me even more then a good legendary. :/
    Affy is nice in the sense that several leggos are actually decent and even the gap from the best to the worst isn't as crazy as some specs. However, yes naturally there are definitely better and worse leggos for each fight. Sims are only good for the settings they are run and it's more than likely you would have been looking at ST sims. Or on the other hand maybe a constant 3 target sim and we don't have any of those fights.

Yes like the other poster said I have actually worn 6 different leggos ones in ToS depending on fight type, what I have and what is needed for progress.

Ultimately you just have to make the best of what you do have. Best leggos also depend on your gear. Say your pants were 20 item levels behind the rest then it's possible that portal pants actually would pull ahead as well so simming with somewhat relevant settings also helps you to find the best combination.

Legendaries for affliction matter, but not in the way that you absolutely can't get good logs if you don't have the right ones. You might not parse in the top 5 %, but apart from that, it really doesn't hinder you too much.

Belt certainly is a very strong legendary, but it can also be really underwhelming. I had fights where I got exactly 3 soulshards in a 5 minute fight. An outlier, surely, but still. Don't get hung up on the belt. It's also debatable on multidot fights (not saying it's bad, but at a certain point, you can get some seriously sick dps with Netherlord + head).

If anything, look at it this way: Having an arcano is WAY more important than having the right legendary. You'll get all your legendaries eventually (I managed an average of 1 legendary/week, but it took some serious effort), but getting that sweet sweet arcano that EVERYBODY uses is by far the biggest increase to your dps you can get, since you already have a solid Whispers. So start farming nethershards, chop chop!