Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord pionock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    866

    Anyone else kinda miss the old Fistweaving?

    I'm bored at work and just browsing through various threads and I was reminded of the old monk healing of being able to heal through light to moderate damage by doing DPS. I remember having a lot of fun healing that way, and I had no problem with traditional healing style once the damage got really heavy. Come to think of it, I still enjoy the monk healing style now, but I certainly miss the old way.

    Does anyone else miss it and is there any hope Blizzard could ever bring it back? I know it's a bit of a rant and ramble, but I like conversation!

  2. #2
    Warchief Supliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hating myself
    Posts
    2,143
    yea that's what happens when blizzard removes all the spec identify out of misweaver because they fucked up balancing crane stance in wod.

    then again, you're one of the few players who actually enjoyed it. there are some people who seriously did not like dps healing, even though they willingly rerolled to a healer with the core identity based on dps healing.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! WskyDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    20 Miles to Texas, 25 to Hell
    Posts
    5,163
    I posted in the thread you were likely reading, and Launch fistweaving was the most fun I've ever had in this game.
    RIP JJU
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

  4. #4
    Banned cqwrteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    1,835
    You think you do, but you don't.

    nostalgic!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    yea that's what happens when blizzard removes all the spec identify out of misweaver because they fucked up balancing crane stance in wod.

    then again, you're one of the few players who actually enjoyed it. there are some people who seriously did not like dps healing, even though they willingly rerolled to a healer with the core identity based on dps healing.
    nope. Buff MW = Lose profit.

  5. #5
    Not at all. Personally, I can't stand the trend towards healers doing DPS, whether it be part of their healing rotation or just to add DPS to the group. I get it for disc, it makes sense to have that spec avail for those who want to play that style, especially as priest which has another more conventional healing spec. Outside of that I just don't understand the appeal.

    It's like the complaint a lot of people made about the new Surv hunter. People who rolled hunter didn't do it because they wanted to play melee, they did it because they wanted to play ranged. Th same goes with healers, I didn't roll it because i wanted to DPS, I want to heal. From what i've found with the old fistweaving, as well as other specs like Legion holy pally, the DPS element isn't particularly enjoyable, it's not a fleshed out rotation as is the case with a proper DPS spec and just feels like a tacked on chore to do do as well as keeping the group alive.

    That said, it's just my view, and I know loads of people have been wanting more ways to DPS as a healer since pretty much forever (I remember calls for it back in early WotLK). Maybe the options should be there to cater to everyone, as long as the dps based build doesn't come to dominate.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord pionock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    You think you do but you don't .
    Ok you don't get to tell me what I miss and don't miss. I'm one of the last people to wax nostalgia about how "things were so much better back then." But I really liked it. It felt different. But if I remember correctly, you had the option of normal healing all the time or you could choose crane stance and dps.

  7. #7
    I truly miss the old MWer. Stacking up Mana Tea & doing some light Eminence healing while contributing to dps, banking Power Strike's Chi Orbs, managing ReM stacks and building up for big Uplifts, smart Extend Life usage... and much more!

    I play disc now, it's probably the closest you can get to that playstyle, but I'd go back to HFC Extend Life MWer any day of the week. It truly was the most fun I've had healing since vanilla WoW.

    EDIT: Also RIP Chi Torpedo damage with Victory Roll glyph, was insanely fun in dungeons & on fights with lots of adds (Imps on M Mannoroth, Operator Thogar and Beastlord Darmac etc )
    Last edited by Delek; 2017-08-07 at 12:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Banned cqwrteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Ok you don't get to tell me what I miss and don't miss. I'm one of the last people to wax nostalgia about how "things were so much better back then." But I really liked it. It felt different. But if I remember correctly, you had the option of normal healing all the time or you could choose crane stance and dps.
    It is nostalgic. Deal with it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Ok you don't get to tell me what I miss and don't miss. I'm one of the last people to wax nostalgia about how "things were so much better back then." But I really liked it. It felt different. But if I remember correctly, you had the option of normal healing all the time or you could choose crane stance and dps.
    I am with you man. MW was my favorite part of MoP. Nothing like being able to heal in a raid while DPSing. Was pretty cool and loved that whole expansion. I also loved being tanky in PvP whether it was RBGs or Arena...MW was a fun spec. It is loads different now, but healing was my favorite part of that expansion.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    It's like the complaint a lot of people made about the new Surv hunter. People who rolled hunter didn't do it because they wanted to play melee, they did it because they wanted to play ranged. Th same goes with healers, I didn't roll it because i wanted to DPS, I want to heal.
    Now this is completely not true. It's like saying that nobody is playing enhance shaman because they wanted to range dps/heal. Surv hunter is a modern unicorn of WoW just because of it underperforming for A LONG TIME since Legion release and it's rotation being aids with button clogging and overcomplicated for no reason.

  11. #11
    Banned cqwrteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    1,835
    continue QQ

    You think you do, but you dont
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-08-08 at 07:44 AM.

  12. #12
    It's quite silly from Blizzard to force the dps healer into Disc priest ( which had a playerbase already happy with how it played ) and remove it from Mistweaver ( which had a playerbase that only rolled monk for that. )

  13. #13
    Dreadlord pionock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    continue QQ

    You think you do, but you dont
    Dude, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, you're free to leave. You must be a real blast at parties.

    Again, you are not the arbiter of what is considered fun to others. I preferred that playstyle because of its uniqueness and the fact that I could always go back to normal healing if I wanted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    It's quite silly from Blizzard to force the dps healer into Disc priest ( which had a playerbase already happy with how it played ) and remove it from Mistweaver ( which had a playerbase that only rolled monk for that. )
    I was fine with disc becoming what it was, and I actually enjoy the current healing model of mistweaver. I would just like to have the option to DPS-heal during lower keys, heroics, low to moderate damage periods if I so choose.

  14. #14
    It was so fun especially when you slightly overgear the content. You could then do your job as a healer while having a dps higher than low parse dps ^^
    The irony is that Blizzard found the solution to balance Way of the Crane in Legion but only for pvp. You just have put a CD on it.

    What I do not understand is that some MW complained about having to (sometimes) dps for an optimal performance while this was a core element of the MW since its lunch and druids, holy priest or shaman were available and performant.

  15. #15
    Coming back to MW after playing Disc and Holy Priest, I can say that "Healing while doing damage" sucks. Blizzard doesn't like people doing both at the same time, so they had to nerf the numbers. Holy Priest does more dps than Disc does. MW Monk does more damage than Disc Priest does. The difference is Disc can heal at the same time, but it doesn't feel as good because it doesn't hit as hard.

    I like Fistweaving where it is right now. I think it could be improved, but I like its role as mana regen. It works very well in medium-difficulty fights where the extra mana is useful and there's also some breathing room in the healing. It stops working in hard fights where I can't afford to spend the GCDs on something other than healing, and it's pointless in easy fights where mana isn't an issue, other than to speed things up a bit.
    Last edited by Gob; 2017-08-11 at 06:23 PM.

  16. #16
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,401
    I miss the IDEA of it, but not the actual rotations and stuff that came with the old FWing.

    I'd like MW to go back to having that melee DPS/healing, but would like it to be completely revamped.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  17. #17
    Dreadlord pionock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Coming back to MW after playing Disc and Holy Priest, I can say that "Healing while doing damage" sucks. Blizzard doesn't like people doing both at the same time, so they had to nerf the numbers. Holy Priest does more dps than Disc does. MW Monk does more damage than Disc Priest does. The difference is Disc can heal at the same time, but it doesn't feel as good because it doesn't hit as hard.

    I like Fistweaving where it is right now. I think it could be improved, but I like its role as mana regen. It works very well in medium-difficulty fights where the extra mana is useful and there's also some breathing room in the healing. It stops working in hard fights where I can't afford to spend the GCDs on something other than healing, and it's pointless in easy fights where mana isn't an issue, other than to speed things up a bit.
    It was never about the numbers for me. I could've done almost no dps while FWing and i would've still enjoyed it. It was the simple act of punching and kicking while allies got healed. That was just plain fun.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    Not at all. Personally, I can't stand the trend towards healers doing DPS, whether it be part of their healing rotation or just to add DPS to the group. I get it for disc, it makes sense to have that spec avail for those who want to play that style, especially as priest which has another more conventional healing spec. Outside of that I just don't understand the appeal.
    I'm exactly the same way. I have friends who were really good at fistweaving, had a lot of fun with it, and are good now at healing specs with a strong damage-dealing component. But I don't like it at all.

  19. #19
    the whole point of pve content is bringing health bars to 0. if you're so vehemently against actively contributing to that, why are you playing the game?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    the whole point of pve content is bringing health bars to 0. if you're so vehemently against actively contributing to that, why are you playing the game?
    Because as a healer, I like to heal. When I want to dps, I have other specs and classes for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •