Deleted

Why does PvP gear have such low item-levels? It's completely useless.

860+ rewards from BG's, sometimes a random 880 item and the weekly "cap" rewards 895 items.
    Meanwhile you get way better items by just doing world quests, dungeons, LFR, invasion vendor etc. And it's faster too.

On a fresh 110 I got to 908 in just 2 weeks of playing all of the above while I would be stuck somewhere 870-ish if i would just pvp.

Might as well just make pvp gear a 100% transmog only.

Cause you get stuff regardless if you win or lose (though I think it's a higher chance if you win) so effort has to match the reward.

If you do rated arena and RBGs, items you get from those have base ilevel of 880 with the end reward at 895 and higher if you have decent rating.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    860 combatant 880 gladiator, combatant gear isn't dropping in ranked pvp I believe however.

If you obliterate enough season 4 stuff you can get a new random stat 895 armor piece

I am sure, just like last season, we'll see full geared 940-955 Titanforged Elite from Ranked pvpers end of season.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-07 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the devs hate PvP and love raiding...like I've said all over the place they're developing the game they want, not what the fans may want.

Gear is mostly irrelevant for PvP, so it also doesn't reward much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    860+ rewards from BG's, sometimes a random 880 item and the weekly "cap" rewards 895 items.
    Meanwhile you get way better items by just doing world quests, dungeons, LFR, invasion vendor etc. And it's faster too.

On a fresh 110 I got to 908 in just 2 weeks of playing all of the above while I would be stuck somewhere 870-ish if i would just pvp.

Might as well just make pvp gear a 100% transmog only.
    Because just like pve, the more you succeed, the higher ilvl gear you will get. Get a higher rating in either arena's or RBG's and you will see higher gear. I don't see why you're complaining about "pvp gear" when it seems all you do is spam random bg's and/or do your cap each week (without raising your rating).

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because the devs hate PvP and love raiding...like I've said all over the place they're developing the game they want, not what the fans may want.
    This 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Gear is mostly irrelevant for PvP, so it also doesn't reward much.
    Still the higher ilvl the better...why should I have to raid to get the best gear to pvp with?

I don't see the problem with PvP gear. It gives you 860 for random bgs and skirmishes, which is about the same as heroic/mythic dungeons. 880 for rated, about the same as mythic+/lfr, and then you can get 900+ gear from the weekly 2v2 and 3v3 quests and even higher if you break 2k rating. That all seems right to me, how else would they do it? You can easily get 900+ ilvl with just PvP, which puts you at about the same place as normal raiders, then elite pvp gear equal to heroic/mythic(ish) raiding.