Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Cliffy B is claiming, that while the numbers are low, its not in any danger. TB also made some good arguments for a low'ish playerbase not being that big of a deal. The player count went up slightly this weekend, im not too worried.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you only played in the lower MMR tiers, not a problem with enough skill.
    Can't really tell when there's no ranked mode.

So much for being a "skill based" game that this game was supposed to be built up to be.

At least they got the cash shop working for the release date though. They always seem to get that right.

TB makes a few good points even more so the one about a smaller player base. Cliffy has even commented about the video on twitter if anyone wants to go look.

Anyone half interested in the game should give it a watch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think the problem with the FPS genre atm is that Overwatch was kind of the big hit recently. Paladins has suffered for it a bit too.

I don't mean it in a game vs game regard but that's just my 2 cents.

As for other FPS games. CoD and Battlefield are doing what they need to when they come out. Sell like hot cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It's so funny how poorly every single z shooter does. People want to talk about how its unpopular because other games in its genre are bigger but it really comes down to the gameplay and I think the vast majority of people do not like playing z shooters.

The game has no structure to it at all. Everyone just flies and hops around the map and every gunfight it completely mindless where you just spray aimlessly at bulletsponge enemies. Because the movement is so fast and cover doesn't matter you'll most of the time be either shot in the back or shoot someone else in the back.

I also don't understand why they released this game so early. They didn't even bother to launch the game with a ranked mode and there's no killcam. It seems as though devs these days just love releasing a beta version of a game and then when they add things 6 months later act like its a NEW FEATURE when its really something that should've been in the game to begin with.
    If you spray aimless on anything but the vanguard you'll get destroy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Can't really tell when there's no ranked mode.

So much for being a "skill based" game that this game was supposed to be built up to be.

At least they got the cash shop working for the release date though. They always seem to get that right.
    All the hero shooters launched with out ranked except maybe paladins because I didn't pay attention to that game until like 6-8 months in.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I am glad the game didn't go live with ranked. They are taking the time to fix anything that might be broken... Wraith needs tuned down a bit IMO and maybe assassin damage should be lowered a very small amount with a health buff. The game is not without flaws but it is incredibly fun and exciting. You get a rating at the end of the match based on your performance, D,C,B,A,S,S+. everyone saying this game is spray and pray never got above a B.

Oh god that video... lol. I feel bad for Cliffy B. I enjoyed Unreal and UT back in the day. Sad to see his more recent stuff fail so hard. That said, a lot of the stuff he said was really cringy, especially when talking about how Lawbreakers is for adults due to their super srs, gritty, and generic characters as opposed to, you know, interesting and whimsical ones.

He probably should've tried to pull a Quake Champions and reinvent UT like they did with Q3/Live instead of making this generic hero shooter.

Also, I disagree that the game can still be successful with a low playerbase. Any game with a form of matchmaking and/or competitive mode will just be a terrible experience with such a low playerbase. Either you suffer extremely long queue times to get a game, or they increase the rating range and you end up with unbalanced matches. It's a lose/lose.
    Last edited by Ickz; 2017-08-23 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Also, I disagree that the game can still be successful with a low playerbase. Any game with a form of matchmaking and/or competitive mode will just be a terrible experience with such a low playerbase. Either you suffer extremely long queue times to get a game, or they increase the rating range and you end up with unbalanced matches. It's a lose/lose.
    part of the times we live in is brand loyalty being at an all time high. Look at Brink that turned up out of nowhere after like 7 years yesterday. It came out, was a disappointment and people moved on. Nowadays some people but thankfully not all have a tendency to treat the monetary investment as a kind of victim complex. They treat bad press on a game as some sort of personal attack and lash out.

I mean i love God Eater on PS4/Vita but its online is dead as dicks and you can't sugar coat a dead multiplayer focussed game. No matter how many sad sacks do for every under performing game nowadays.
    If its got enough to be properly active and the games enjoyable thats all it needs. But if theres not enough players and you are multiplayer only? that situation only gets worse 9 times out of 10 and usually takes a huge revamp to solve that.

and if you don't you get Battleborn.

Deleted
    "LawBreakers PC Player Count Drops to Below 500 In Less Than a Month After Release"

Source: https://beyond-gaming.net/2017/08/30...ops-below-500/

Doesn't seem a bad game - the combination of bad timing and next to zero visibility is what's killing the game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Lawbreakers was free-to-play, it would be one of the most successful ones in the current market (we need more F2P games like that!) - even ID is going f2p with their new Quake Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Doesn't seem a bad game - the combination of bad timing and next to zero visibility is what's killing the game.
    its a combination of oversatturated gametype and a chad dev who is reaching phil fish levels of hateful and obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    If Lawbreakers was free-to-play, it would be one of the most successful ones in the current market (we need more F2P games like that!) - even ID is going f2p with their new Quake Champions.
    I don't think it would change much. The game itself is just a generic and boring hero shooter. QC was smart and didn't go full hero shooter, they took the classic Quake gameplay and reinvented it to fit better with the current shooter scene. There's "heroes", yes, but that's not the main focus of the game, and it's not as big of a gameplay mechanic - it's still Quake at it's core.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I don't think it would change much. The game itself is just a generic and boring hero shooter. QC was smart and didn't go full hero shooter, they took the classic Quake gameplay and reinvented it to fit better with the current shooter scene. There's "heroes", yes, but that's not the main focus of the game, and it's not as big of a gameplay mechanic - it's still Quake at it's core.

Can't disagree with you there, as you're right. The beauty of Quake Champions is not relying on roles/classes/heroes, and in pure oldschool skill.

Lawbreakers is not a bad game, but aside from the movement and fast pacing, it is as generic as generic can be.

Currently down to active peak usernumbers on steam at 45 and dropping. This is easily the biggest gaming blunder of the year and maybe the generation thus far.

Maybe Cliffy will say "it was too #WOKEAF" or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Currently down to active peak usernumbers on steam at 45 and dropping. This is easily the biggest gaming blunder of the year and maybe the generation thus far.

Maybe Cliffy will say "it was too #WOKEAF" or something.
    Bad marketing + arrogance + wrong decisions made this game flop. Which is a shame - it is a good game. But I'm sticking with Quake Champions

A bad, uninteresting game failed. Nothing to see here.

A Savage Lawbreakers Video

Any words I add here won't do it justice, this is a well edited video and pretty much sums everything up. I'll just say I loved Gears of War 1 and followed Cliffy on social media for a long time because of it. And hes a cocky fuck. If he was more humble, people would've probably felt bad for him instead:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Any words I add here won't do it justice, this is a well edited video and pretty much sums everything up. I'll just say I loved Gears of War 1 and followed Cliffy on social media for a long time because of it. And hes a cocky fuck. If he was more humble, people would've probably felt bad for him instead:

I'm 3 minutes in and I'm not quite sure what point the video maker is trying to make or really, why this is a video at all. I noticed that they used the out of context clip of Digital Foundry talking about the PS4 stuttering issue, an issue which wasn't in the open beta (game ran fine) and was fixed pretty quickly.

This just seems like another hate-boner video. If there's something more than that let me know and I'll try to finish watching. But as it stands now I want my 3 minutes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    an issue which wasn't in the open beta (game ran fine) and was fixed pretty quickly.

This just seems like another hate-boner video.
    Top: Yep was fixed in about a day or two of release.

Bottom: Yep its just a hate-boner video.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD