Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For thermal paste, i would go for thermal grizzly kyronaut (Easyer to spredt out, then hydronaut)
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    The biggest offender in your drawn setup is that you plan on doing the front rad in push pull. Please don't do that, it's a waste of money :-P
    Nah didn't do push pull on front rad, its pull front and push at the top. Il post pics soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    For thermal paste, i would go for thermal grizzly kyronaut (Easyer to spredt out, then hydronaut)
    EKWB included that, not sure which one tho.

I heard Gelid Solutions Extreme Performance GC-3 is better?
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Nah didn't do push pull on front rad, its pull front and push at the top. Il post pics soon.

- - - Updated - - -

In the big test Der8auer did gelid gc extreme was better, yes. Not sure if they changed anything since then (I think he did in the in 2015 or so). But the difference should be so small. That you should just pick the one that's available or cheaper^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    In the big test Der8auer did gelid gc extreme was better, yes. Not sure if they changed anything since then (I think he did in the in 2015 or so). But the difference should be so small. That you should just pick the one that's available or cheaper^^
    I've got both as I bought the Gelid and the Thermal Grizzly came with the EKWB
    -K

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No thermal grizzly is the best you can get. This test is from der8auer and he puts it in the nr. 1 spot "After almost 6 years in lead of the market, GC-Extreme lost the battle against the new Kryonaut from Thermal Grizzly"

overclocking guide thermal paste roundup 2015. 47 products tested with air cooling and liquid nitrogen ln2/12/

And in 2017 it's still the best kitguru.net thermal paste head to head. does it matter which brand you use/
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2017-09-22 at 02:00 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I used my GC-3 on GPU/CPU. Will use the Grizzly in a year time or something better by then. Draining and refilling the coop would take ages.

Il take a picture of my system and post it up here.

Thanks all for the help. I had plenty of issues building it however, inc a slow leak which is all resolved.

Now to the overclocking game!
    -K

Please don't waste your money on this.