Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What is your favourite Guild Wars 2 character (from the story)?

Hello champions, good to see you all, as ever!

So, I've been wondering - after all those years with the main campaign, living story and expansion, we've got to known a lot of personalities - From Eir to Rytlock, from Taimi to Rox, from Queen Jennah to my favourite charr, Tybalt.

I'd like to know your favourite characters, and why did you pick them as your favourite.

If you want to pick your least favourite, feel free to discuss it as well.

See you soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Canach hands down. Only Sylvari I like.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Canach hands down. Only Sylvari I like.
    bah, you took my answer. Another Sylvari that I liked was Malyck and thought that his story could have been really interesting, but they never expanded on it (likely forgotten now).

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Canach is great! He's a bit cynical, which leads to some very funny dialog. His backstory is also interesting.

Scarlet Briar believe it or not lol i know a lot of players hate the character but not me
    Last edited by lokoma; 2017-08-08 at 10:14 PM.

Canach is okay, but has had a lot of ups and downs. It's a shame we never saw Malyck's followup since it would have fit in real well. Can anyone not like Taimi? Rox is okay. Kasmeer was interesting before they made her silly. ON Southsun she was strong and confident, now she's meh.

I'd probably pick Countess Anise as my favorite overall.

I was never a big fan of Tybalt, thought Sieran's similar role was better.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I love Rox and wish they would do more with her. Her story has gotten kind of eaten by Braham's I also really like Canach, his whole storyline has been interesting and he's a lot of fun

Deleted
    Taimi - witty lines and the only character that is actually loyal to PC.

Taimi, far and away the best. Screw everyone else, let's just center all the games story around her from hereon out. NEVER TOO MUCH TAIMI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like Taimi. Cant get past her being a kid is a lot of grown up and adult situations. Ill chalk up her exceptional knowledge of all things, even for an asura, as her superpower she has few flaws.

At least Scarlet was crazy, the PC is naive, etc. Taimi is Oracle (batgirl) but 100x smart and half her age.

Adorable character but annoys the shit out of me at the same time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I prefer Scarlet to Taimi as well (not a big fan of her). A kid who can never be wrong is not a good character IMO. Out of the main group characters, I'm with Arlee on that. I like Rox but she is just a Braham babysitter at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I prefer Scarlet to Taimi as well (not a big fan of her). A kid who can never be wrong is not a good character IMO. Out of the main group characters, I'm with Arlee on that. I like Rox but she is just a Braham babysitter at this point.
    Another sad thing with Rox is for the players who missed out on Season 1 also missed out on the story blog about her which explains a lot about her and with Braham's backstory explains a lot about why they have such a tight bond.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/roxs-tale/
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/delegation/
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/brahams-story/

I don't know if it counts, since it's not a named NPC, but I really like the attitude and voice acting of the female Asura player character.

Tybalt leftpaw, i miss you mate. Lets enjoy that apple cider sometime on the other side
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Eir.

Rytlock. Dude gives no fucks even after going through the Mists and becoming a Revenant.

Like the fact that they kept his character intact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Taimi - witty lines and the only character that is actually loyal to PC.
    Just remembered Dawkkurra, might be a tie with Taimi.

I do remember that a lot of folks hated Canach back in Ye Ancient Days of Yore. Guess he's come a long way since Southsun terrorism.

I've liked him well enough, but his new armor just looks off to me. Bugs me whenever I see him.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro seems pretty fun so far. I really like the story intros when you make a new character, although I really like WoW's story intros a bit better tho

WoW's intros were generic (as in general) for the race correct? A little different than here where they are more personalized. My favorite intro for any mmo did come from wow though, it was the Death Knight intro. That was pretty cool. It would've been neat for all of the classes to have something similar.