Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Barrage finally usable in 7.3?

    • Barrage Rapidly fires a spray of shots for 3 sec, dealing an average of [ 8.000 [ 10.000 * 80% of weapon damage ] Physical damage to all enemies in front of you. Usable while moving. Hunter - Level 90 Talent. 60 Focus. 40 yd range. 3 sec cast (Channeled). 20 sec cooldown.
    20% increased damage I think? Still doesn't seem like it would be worth it

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Mahmeya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central europe
    Posts
    795
    I hope not, that ability is a disgrace to hunters and hunter class fantasy.

  3. #3
    I don't think it's that outrageous...

    I liked it in MoP, was really useful for burst AoE

  4. #4
    Great as a pulling ability?

  5. #5
    Like the problem that ele had with earthquake and i think it was one of the mages specs and its aoe spell, arcane and arcane explosion i believe, that ability will make it viable vs volley maybe, but it becomes a replacement for crows as a single target filler, then blizz truly doesnt understand aoe vs st anymore. Cause that will make at least 4 specs that either currently or have had, in this xpac alone, the issue of using a blatantly aoe spell/ability for single target because it performs better than the actual st skills

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by redfinale View Post
    Like the problem that ele had with earthquake and i think it was one of the mages specs and its aoe spell, arcane and arcane explosion i believe, that ability will make it viable vs volley maybe, but it becomes a replacement for crows as a single target filler, then blizz truly doesnt understand aoe vs st anymore. Cause that will make at least 4 specs that either currently or have had, in this xpac alone, the issue of using a blatantly aoe spell/ability for single target because it performs better than the actual st skills
    It just needs to have less damage than crows and have a suitable cooldown so we can use it on priority cleave targets like reflections on KJ

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It just needs to have less damage than crows and have a suitable cooldown so we can use it on priority cleave targets like reflections on KJ
    The way i see it currently, crows=single target, volley=great cleave and reasonable substitute for crows for st and if you know cleave is coming or are lazy about changing talents, and barrage=top aoe in ideal situations, better than volley in theory in that regard but should be designed to be lackluster st

  8. #8
    Dreadlord Mahmeya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central europe
    Posts
    795
    They need to come with something else, something that does not pull random targets not in combat, even through walls.
    For MM, they could instead replace it with a CD that greatly increases the spread radius of Multishot and temporarily increasing marked shot damage for, let's say 3-5 seconds. Slower setup, yes, but without the uncontrollable part of Barrage and without threatening ST.

  9. #9
    looks more like 25% than 20%

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    looks more like 25% than 20%
    U right bro

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,858
    Hope not.
    It's a very buggy ability.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Hope not.
    It's a very buggy ability.
    Used it all throughout MoP, how did they break it now ?

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Used it all throughout MoP, how did they break it now ?
    I used it in MoP aswell, with that sweet, amazing, juicy survival spec, however, it had the problem of pulling everything in dungeons and raids if you're clearing multiple trash packs. It still did the same in Legion (atleast at launch, maybe they have fixed it somehow)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I used it in MoP aswell, with that sweet, amazing, juicy survival spec, however, it had the problem of pulling everything in dungeons and raids if you're clearing multiple trash packs. It still did the same in Legion (atleast at launch, maybe they have fixed it somehow)
    That was mostly due to people being stupid with it. As soon as it was realized that you could just stand with the melee and barrage back towards the group it pretty much resolved that issue. I know it sort of kills the fantasy of the "ranged precision class" or whatever but it was a fun ability. There was also a nifty change you could make to TidyPlates that would grey out name plates of targets >40 yards away so you could position yourself accordingly to not pull extra stuff.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    That was mostly due to people being stupid with it. As soon as it was realized that you could just stand with the melee and barrage back towards the group it pretty much resolved that issue. I know it sort of kills the fantasy of the "ranged precision class" or whatever but it was a fun ability. There was also a nifty change you could make to TidyPlates that would grey out name plates of targets >40 yards away so you could position yourself accordingly to not pull extra stuff.
    I agree, it is a VERY fun ability to use, however, It's just too much of a hassle. You have to stand either too close to the enemy, or further away from the other pack so it doesn't ninja pull or even turn away from the other pack, etc. That is why I don't like the ability as in it's mechanics, I just want to point and shoot and be happy.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I agree, it is a VERY fun ability to use, however, It's just too much of a hassle. You have to stand either too close to the enemy, or further away from the other pack so it doesn't ninja pull or even turn away from the other pack, etc. That is why I don't like the ability as in it's mechanics, I just want to point and shoot and be happy.
    The draw of the ability is that it has a very wide range, that is part of what makes it so useful. With this great range obviously comes the ability to pull lots of extra crap just because of the footprint of the ability. Seems like you want 2 mutually exclusive traits to be a part of Barrage. If 'point and shoot and be happy' is your requirement, then volley is for you.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Used it all throughout MoP, how did they break it now ?
    Blizzard started to fix Barrage during legion for whatever stupid reason. Last time I used Barrage it didn't always hit targets who are few centimeters below or above my character because of their "fixes". It's annoying ability nowadays.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    The draw of the ability is that it has a very wide range, that is part of what makes it so useful. With this great range obviously comes the ability to pull lots of extra crap just because of the footprint of the ability. Seems like you want 2 mutually exclusive traits to be a part of Barrage. If 'point and shoot and be happy' is your requirement, then volley is for you.
    I completely agree with you, and yes I use Volley most of the time, and maybe my made-up requirments we're selfish, I just stated my personal opinion on the skill

  19. #19
    Make it MM only and give Bm Hunters something more pet related, like Lynx Rush back in MoP as Bendak mentioned in his own site. It doesnt fit in hunter class fantasy furthermore its more awkward to BM. A heavy machine gun spreading arrows in pet related spec

  20. #20
    i ll be sure to pick this talent up, when i ll go m+ and wanna double triple pull some packs, so the group doesnt forget what hunter is all about

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •