10+ Year Old Account

Destruction Advice

First of all, I do apologise for making this "drama cry" thread. I believe the community witnessed lots of this kind. However, I just wanted to find a confirmation for the Warlock perception I have. So, long story is short:

I'm quite new to Warlock, been playing it for like 1 month and switched to it after maining Death Knight Frost / Unholy for several years on the Mythic raiding level. I'm currently 925 ilevel with 57 points in my Affliction weapon. Yesterday I realized that Affliction's overall playstyle, ramping damage mechanics is a little boring to me, despite of the fact that it is indeed a very versatile spec with good sustained damage for the current Tier. After some thoughts I decided to make a switch into Destruction, since I'm finding this spec is more fun & fast-paced. I'm very far behind, with 51 points in a weapon and only 1 legendary (netherlord ring).

Will I regret this decision after investing lots of time and effort into it? Will it pay off in terms of ToS Mythic raiding and M+ pushing? Don't we have a situation that Mythic Guilds only welcome Affliction Warlock as for now?

Thank you in advance,
    Aiv

Ultimately depends on the guild. Mine doesn't spec force so people play whatever (and usually only one spec at that). If you are skilled you will always be desired in my opinion. and no point in playing if you're not having fun with a spec.

Deleted
    Play what you enjoy the most , and the netherlord ring is actually on of the best destruction legendaries. Try fishing lessons shoulder next ( feretory is ok too). And no we don't have a situation that mythic guilds only welcome affliction locks. Destruction suits mythic kiljaeden better than affliction just to get that out of the way. But affliction is way stronger on DI,harjatan,misstresz,desolate host and with good souls rng it does more dmg on fallen avatar, but even on this fight you can easily play destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys, that's actually all I wanted to hear as well as to find some support that I'm moving in the right direction. By the way, is it correct that in order to fish up a legendary shoulder one should purchase shoulder tokens from nethershards vendor?
    Last edited by Aivenarion; 2017-08-09 at 08:02 PM.

I think the tokens cant award the "new" legendaries, not sure if lessons was one of those though

Deleted
    You can get lessons from nethershards. Netherlord and master harvester are the only legs that you can't receive from shards.

@Aivenarion Understand that you're not going to beat the afflock most of the time on overall damage even after investing a ton into destro. You will have more priority damage though, but that doesn't matter a ton this tier.

Your logs and experience will speak louder than your spec as far as guild are concerned. If a guild will only recruit flavor of the month then you may want to reconsider going there. It definitely makes life easier being flavor of the month, but I'd rather find someplace I can do what I enjoy personally. YMMV.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The way im playing right now is a mix of destro/affli, going for destro on goroth, sisters, maiden, avatar and kj, the rest affli where it rly shines, this way u wont get bored with the affliction singletarget rotation which is braindead and basically get the best out of warlock this tier and dw about traits etc since catchup is quite fast and the concordance trait is not that strong anyways. Performance wise though, i guess you can make destro work on all encounters, but as bacon stated affli will perform better on most fights.
    About M+ i usually run affli for fortified weeks or high keys, and destro on tyrannical since its singletarget suits fast bossfights. The netherlord lego is very strong on both specs so dw about that1, gl with ur next destro legendary though and have fun^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys, appreciate you help and advice. Will try to maintain balance between Affliction and Destruction so that not to get bored with any of the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that Destro needs a lot more investment to see the same results as Affliction, that's not to say you can't do well but expect to be quite behind for sometime unless you get lucky. The ones who make it shine have stuck with it through Nighthold when it was trash and invested a lot into it.

It's taken me from 7.2 launch until around now to really start seeing results with it but you just have to accept in some scenarios Affliction will leave you in the dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do understand that Destro will require a lot more of investment, however I just checked WoW Logs, Warlock segment and what surprises me is that the top most Warlock in All-Star section is indeed Destruction following by lots of Affliction. Thos Koreans

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13#class=Warlock

@Aivenarion Hi dude, I just come to say if you like destro and you can pull equal or more numbers with affliction them go for it. I don't play warcraft since my 1 gb graphic card broke out and i wasn't enjoying with demonology and destro because the low numbers and i didn't get 4 set pieces in nighthold but i wish you to have success with your warlock, Another point, i played warrior and hunter for mop and wod but i grow bored with them and I started to play with dk and warlock but emerald wasn't nice for both class, and the brez with the warlock is ugly for me

I'm in the exact same boat as you. With the only difference i started with destro. I don't regret that choice in any way. We have 3 WL in our raid (me included). The other 2 play affli but most of the time i leave them far behind me. I really enjoy playing destro.

I also only have the ring right now. Still waiting for my shoulders. But i can only recommend it. It's so much more fun to me than affli.