Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are you happy with Holy's "class fantasy"?

I'm genuinely curious.

Did blizzard nail the theme of holy paladins or do you feel that you are lacking the iconic ability .

Do you feel unique compared to other classes/healers?

Pretty much. We wear plate, heal people with strong direct heals, and hit things with a 2H hammer. I don't think one can ask for much more. Maybe Divine Intervention coming back (sacrifice ourselves to save another) but honestly, it was always a little wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Pretty much. We wear plate, heal people with strong direct heals, and hit things with a 2H hammer. I don't think one can ask for much more. Maybe Divine Intervention coming back (sacrifice ourselves to save another) but honestly, it was always a little wonky.
    It'd be fun if they could make it more of an active healer, I always feel like Rift did that really well. I wish/hope when they look at WoW or whatever their new MMO ends up being would be nice to have more active healers where doing damage creates healing somewhere. Judgement kinda fills that idea with it causing those who hit the target to get healed.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    It'd be fun if they could make it more of an active healer, I always feel like Rift did that really well. I wish/hope when they look at WoW or whatever their new MMO ends up being would be nice to have more active healers where doing damage creates healing somewhere. Judgement kinda fills that idea with it causing those who hit the target to get healed.
    I agree that it should be more of a part of Holy's kit, but they seem to have decided that that is solely Discipline's niche, going off of recent comments. By the same token, Ret needs back the utility it already had in the past like BoSac and SH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    I agree that it should be more of a part of Holy's kit, but they seem to have decided that that is solely Discipline's niche, going off of recent comments. By the same token, Ret needs back the utility it already had in the past like BoSac and SH.
    It'd be fun of there were more classes that had that option of being a healer or a dps/healer. SP and Shaman have that to some degree through Vamp and Guidance but it'd still be nice to see that as more a dedicated style, obviously it would mean some punishment to damage.

Deleted
    are you actually playing this game

Looking at Holy from the outside, it looks like they did pretty well in making the class fantasy work together with gameplay. I can't say the same for Ret, though.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    It'd be fun of there were more classes that had that option of being a healer or a dps/healer. SP and Shaman have that to some degree through Vamp and Guidance but it'd still be nice to see that as more a dedicated style, obviously it would mean some punishment to damage.
    Retribution used to have the option of some healing, kind-of the opposite of what Holy is right now. Don't do as much damage, but do some heals without interrupting your rotation. I wish they'd bring that back somehow, maybe replace Holy Wrath for that kind of gameplay. Would be a lot more useful probably.

Ignoring all gameplay and balancing, I think our theme is brilliant and exactly what I imagine a Holy Paladin being. We are in the front lines of a fight, alternating between hurting our enemies (judgment, CS etc) while also healing allies. We even have multiple avenues to hurt ourselves while healing others (matyr, blessing of sac, aura of sac).

We probably have the best thematic identity of any of the healers right now.

I personally think that the disc priest playstyle should have been adopted for hpallies

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing i dislike is, regardless which weapon you mogged over the hammer, it's using the staff/polearm animations.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Only thing i dislike is, regardless which weapon you mogged over the hammer, it's using the staff/polearm animations.
    On the contrary I really like that, because a lot of hammers are so long that having two hands in the same place looks weird, Hammer of the Naaru comes to mind for instance.

Of course one drawback is the stabbing animation which rarely works with a warhammer but still.

OT: I like the Holy Paladin and even considered switching to it, I just wish Light of Dawn got a different spell effect. Thematically I think Blizzard did a great job distinguishing, holy paladin, holy priest and disc priest.

I think I might be the only person who feels that they kind of gave Tyr's Hammer to us because Retribution had Ashbringer. Might be unpopular in that opinion but reading the Paladin Class Hall research tome: Libram of the Ancient Kings, it says "Tyr was a warrior without equal, but his greatest trait was his conviction". And went on quite a few pages later explaining his prowess as a warrior and the hope, inspiration he spurned within his followers then in comparison the same tome said "Tyr's Hammer shielded him in holy power and mended his wounds." Not really much on it being an extension in healing.

Still overall the theme is nice and adds to the Paladin unity as a whole. I miss using the One-Hand and Shield combos because the 2-hand transmogs can be limited but least it was a mace which is far more a symbol of the Paladin.

Just wish they didn't give us Light of Dawn haha, really did prefer Holy Radiance but I guess it was too much like Holy Nova and being too powerful really.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-31 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I do not play Holy too much, the class fantasy is on-point.

We need alot more attacks that boost our healing and buffs again to make holy fell right. The lack of buffs and more auras makes it fell really lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 yard auras are retarded. Please give 40 yard auras in PvE.

Other than that, it's fairly decent

Miss buffs but otherwise holy is awesome.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    From a Fantasy stand point. a Holy front line warrior fighting and healing allies I think is a good fit and hits the mark pretty well with a Holy Pally.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, but I would like it if there was a talent setup that let you just DPS a target and aoe/smart heal party members while doing it (something they promised during Legion dev then scrapped).

I really love the fantasy of holy paladins in this expansion. The idea of being a plate armored healer hanging out in the back with the priests and druids always felt a little odd. Now with the changes to our mastery and the addition of a huge 2 handed mace and getting in the melee range to heal and assist our allies in combat really just feels like they nailed it for me. I love the martyr changes both as a heal that costs health and a buff to an ally. I really hope we get an ability like the Shield of Aegis we've seen in legion where allies gathered around us would take reduced damage for x seconds and transfer x% to the paladin. That would really complete it for me.

I'd love to have that PvP talent that allows you to heal friends while you attack melee an enemy to be turned into a PvE talent. Monk and Paladin healers should have options to be heal-DPS!