Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

If Spriest was to be given real aoe, what it would be?

Cleave/aoe/multidot improvement?

Maybe talent to make voidform an aoe god or perhaps old Clarity of Power coming back with mindspikes cleave.
    Perhaps dots could splash damage to targets not affected by you damage over time effects.

What in your opinion would be most thematic/unique way for SP to deal with aoe?

Shadow drain: Absorb your enemies (10 yard radius) dark horrors for xx amount of damage for 6 sec. If the channel is fully absorbed your enemies will be engulfed in nightmares and take xx damage for 12 sec.

Scream of pain. A 20 sec cd skill which instantly applies swp and vt to everything in 10 yard radius which is in combat with priest or priest's party.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I always liked the idea Mind Bomb being our aoe instead of a stun and give us a new stun based on phobias

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Cleave/aoe/multidot improvement?

Maybe talent to make voidform an aoe god or perhaps old Clarity of Power coming back with mindspikes cleave.
    Perhaps dots could splash damage to targets not affected by you damage over time effects.

What in your opinion would be most thematic/unique way for SP to deal with aoe?
    Move Shadow Crash to baseline, speed up the projectile, have it apply Shadow Word: Pain to every target hit, Mind Flay critical strikes (including Mind Flay cleave damage crits) reduce the CD by half a second.

Since the "redesign" we have little to no tentacles except the one spawned randomly by the artifact and the two little ones on your shoulders if you reach enough voidform stacks. A cool design in my opinion would be skill with a moderate cooldown (15-30 sec), that simply spreads any dots in a small area (~5 yards radius).
    Visually, the spell would look like you phased a small part of the void into reality with small tentacles wiggling around. (Black/purple ground, 3-5 tentacles spread)
    Abstract it would be a dot spread/cleave mechanic. Perhaps, to keep it balanced or interesting in pvp add a small delay, before the dots actually start spreading.
    And I would remove the mind sear passive, make the auspicious spirits talent baseline, and perhaps add another talent, that modifies the new spell in some way (bigger radius for example).
    Last edited by Geschan; 2017-08-11 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Move Shadow Crash to baseline, speed up the projectile, have it apply Shadow Word: Pain to every target hit, Mind Flay critical strikes (including Mind Flay cleave damage crits) reduce the CD by half a second.
    I can get behind this.

I would say something like this: http://imgur.com/s707wtx

A 20-30 second CD that either targets everything in x yards with the standard mind flay animation, or that pulse with dark energy.

Deleted
    I want "rain of terror". Basically a rapid fire channeled shadow crash. Also make it more horizontal. Think rapid fire grenade launcher.

Give Mind Sear back and make it do a reasonable fucking amount of damage. Oh, and Cascade too. And Halo. And damage period, while they're at it.

You know what? Fuck it, just redesign this awful fucking class.

Shadowcrash needs to be baselined... ridiculous that we completely lack an AoE unless we talent for it...

They could just get something like Malthael's Q from heroes of the storm:

Shadow Reap:

Instantly inflict (19% spell power) shadow damage to all enemies within 40 units affected by your Shadow Word: Pain. Each enemy dealt damage this way increases the damage of your next Shadow Reap by 20%, stacking up to 5 times. Lasts 10 sec.

3.7% base mana, instant, 3 sec cooldown.
    So basically you dot up people, then have aoe that ramps based on the amount of enemies present. There could be a generic legendary similiar to the DK/Paladin/rogue legendaries that increase the damage of your Next Shadow Reap by 10% every 2 sec stacking up to 300%, or it always acts as though it has 5 stacks, or it has a stack maximum of 10.

or add this to a pre-existing bad talent/new artifact trait:

Pain Transmission:

Casting Shadow Word: Pain on an unaffected enemies inflicts (64% spell power) shadow damage to enemies already affected by your Shadow Word: Pain.
    Last edited by Hisholyness; 2017-08-12 at 03:19 AM.

I imagine the AoE spell would link all nearby foe's minds. Any damage or negative effects you deal or apply to the target of the "Mind Meld" is replicated to nearby enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    this, and one other cooldown

like a mass mind flay, where it targets all targets in an area, on a cooldown ofc, each beam also does the aoe splash, not a major CD for this, as it would be a short channel for sudden AOE burst(much smaller burst if things are not dotted)

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I imagine the AoE spell would link all nearby foe's minds. Any damage or negative effects you deal or apply to the target of the "Mind Meld" is replicated to nearby enemies.
    Following this, "Mind Crush". Removes DoTs applied in this way, and deals damage based on the number of DoTs removed in this way.

Deleted
    This is interesting. Warlock's Fatal Bonds from dota in wow?

Be kinda cool if you could manipulate the shadows of your targets. Some kind of aoe that causes the shadows of your targets to rise up, gain form and attack their hosts. Fits the shadow theme.

Mind sear that does decent damage. 1 button AoE like old times. Not everything has to be restricted by resources, cooldowns, interactions, charges or buffs.

on top of what everyone has said i'd like void eruption to be an actual spell that does actual damage. so when you spend so many gcd's dotting a ton of mobs, you get real burst aoe for going into voidform.
    Last edited by kalaratic; 2017-08-12 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Following this, "Mind Crush". Removes DoTs applied in this way, and deals damage based on the number of DoTs removed in this way.
    I think you mean Void Spike.