Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Cascade: Channeling ability that deals shadow damage and costs 10 insanity a second. 7 after trait.

Channel 1 shadow energy bolt at a target each second, if a target is successfully hit, the ability will cascade to up to 3 additional targets. The same target can't be hit more then twice from each bolt fired. New targets are prioritized over existing ones.

Artifact weapon trait: 1/1 If a cascade is able to hit 3 separate enemies, refund 3 insanity.
    It's "funny" how Holy still has "access" to Cascade, what with T'uure being able to cast it as pseudo PoM - all while it was most commonly used in Shadow and worked quite well in there.

Deleted
    I'd be happy just to get halo back to be quite honest.

The slow moving version.

Prayer of Suffering. Applies debuff to target; when that target takes damage, it detonates and jumps to another target. 10 charges.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Shadow crash baseline would be a great idea.

Having the old Mind Sear mechanic baked into Mind Flay, meaning you could target friendly players and have it pulse out of them, would be a great quality of life improvement, as it would remove the problem with doing ANY damage at all to fast dieng mobs. Think first few packs in Arkway as an example.

Problem with buffing Mind Sear alone, was that it ended up being more DPS on single target than Mind Flay, meaning people just used Mind Sear instead of Mind Flay.

I guess having Mind Flay castable on friendly targets for the pulse effect is the easiest "fix" which would help with fast dieng adds without any negative impact on balance.

Shadow Crash should be baseline tbh. But spells like Halo and Cascade would also be cool. I woul also like to see Mindbender getting some sort of Shadow Cleave

How about a 25cd second halo baseline

Replace ToF with Shadow Crash.
    Add dot spread to T100 where shadow crash was.
    65 insanity void form activation baseline.
    LoTV same as before but with 50 insanity voidform activation.

Deleted
    Shadowy Apparitions do explode in a 1m radius

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Move Shadow Crash to baseline, speed up the projectile, have it apply Shadow Word: Pain to every target hit, Mind Flay critical strikes (including Mind Flay cleave damage crits) reduce the CD by half a second.
    ^ This.

I used to promote a similar change - baseline shadow crash with a 20s cooldown, talented shadow crash gives it 3 charges on 15 second cooldowns. So we'd always have some aoe for small trash fluff mobs, but we could spec into decent mass aoe burst albeit once every ~45 seconds (all 3 charges at once).

But, I actually like davesignal's version better - it's less ominous (I like picturing 3 shadow crashes lurking overhead) - but definitely more interactive and fun gameplay.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Bring back Mind sear, buff its dmg by 500/600%. Does 0 dmg to main target, can target friendlies. Does not generate insanity.

Solves questing issues on imps, M+ trash. replacing flay in raids etc.

Deleted
    Void zone, Puts a circle of void on the ground, dealing X damage per second.

Deleted
    Shorten shadow crashes cooldown to 12s and make it hit harder as long as you have VT/SW:P up on the target, that way you still want to multi-dot then you have a decent nuke available after you finish dotting or refreshing.

It will be stronger at 5+ targets due to the time taken to dot will approach the 12s cooldown so it will always be up after a refresh while you mindflay in between as current.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Shorten shadow crashes cooldown to 12s and make it hit harder as long as you have VT/SW:P up on the target, that way you still want to multi-dot then you have a decent nuke available after you finish dotting or refreshing.

It will be stronger at 5+ targets due to the time taken to dot will approach the 12s cooldown so it will always be up after a refresh while you mindflay in between as current.
    And that will fix the problem of absurdly long ramp-up exactly how?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    And that will fix the problem of absurdly long ramp-up exactly how?
    The question was about "real" aoe not snap aoe or fixing ramp up.........

Whats the big hang up about ramp up anyways?? So yeah in lower mythics you lose to melee, just like every other caster, but its still lower mythics so whats the issue? Epeen??

On higher mythics you continue trucking on and over taking the snap aoe'ers as they run out of steam eventually and if they dont and packs are dieing fast, again whats the issue? I would rather be stronger on a +20 Keystone than a +10 Keystone cause guess what drops better loot!!! As for raiding so yeah its weak against encounters that require low hp adds to die very fast but again thats not a SP job, it's where other classes strengths lie, you cannot have the moon on a stick you know (unless you're a boomkin)!!

So besides the fact that those encounters are pretty few and far between, the current ramp up is just fine IMO, i have no issue with it other than it needs a little extra oomph in the AOE department after multi-dotting.

I think some people seem to forget that Voidform would be no way near as powerful as it is currently if it required zero ramp up, it would have to be diluted so much that it would end up feeling lack luster and pretty pointless.

You can only piss with the cock that you've got, so no point asking for changes that just will not happen, better to try to improve what you already have.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2017-08-21 at 04:22 PM.

Even if we get aoe, I doubt it will be burst aoe. Most likely the sustained type. Just a reliable way to spread dots (or even just sw: p) would be enough.

Just having snap aoe is not good, we had cascade in the past and we were still not a good spec. We are in a better position now and we don't have aoe, be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-08-21 at 04:21 PM.

I'd rather have WoD ae than current one, cascade and all. (I'd take back also CoP playstyle).

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    You can only piss with the cock that you've got, so no point asking for changes that just will not happen, better to try to improve what you already have.
    Well, sorry, but I'd change the legion void cock with wod cop cock in a brink without any hesitation. You can't improve a design which was considered bad by developers themselves (old demo lock metamorphosis). Also, Cascade was so >>>> than this shadow crash nonsense...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Cascade was nuts but also so satisfying with artifact in ashran...ehhh

S/priests dont need a dedicated AoE, we dont need to be homogenised with the rest of them with burst aoe, we are great at long passive cleave in the current state of play which is fine, and long passive cleave helps do 1 thing, top the dps and also improves single target dmg so were good. We lack in low easy M+ keys we can storm through, but its not a problem as were fine on keys where we are in a group at a appropriate level for our gear we can do just as well as anyone else. So all in all NO we dont need any form of AoE. Its fine as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised how many people disliked Cascade, I adored Cascade - was one of my favorite Shadow spells ever.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter