Expansion Speculation - A Different View

Long - so TL : DR - Forget about the "leaks" and speculation of naga/void/old gods (or any other themes) for a minute and lets talk about what features, improvements, characters, etc. you want to see in the next expansion.

I don't know about all of you, but this is my favorite time in the WoW cycle. The story of the current expansion is coming to a close and the eyes of the community are turning ahead to what comes next. The wild speculation - often horrible, but sometimes so close it becomes a true question if the "leaker" was leaking or just got lucky - always gets my hype meter rolling just a bit. Often, however, the hype for me isn't so much about what the new expansion will bring, but to see what amazingly creative (and sometimes not so much) ideas that the WoW community has.

As I have read these recent speculation and "leak" threads popping up here, reddit, wow's forums, and other sites, I noticed that this time, many of the "leaks" often have a drastic number of similarities. In this case, I think a lot of that is because Blizzard has done well in Legion with planting possible plot seeds that could develop down the line, but I have to wonder if this is constraining what these speculation and leak threads are all about - What does the WoW community want from their next Expansion?

Members of the community have become very hung up (and likely they are right to do so considering those "seeds" Blizzard planted) on a few basic themes for the next expansion - Nautical, Naga, Old Gods, Void, Island Zones, etc. The point is, that almost every recent "leak" covers these exact same tracks - which means that the big question, "What does the community want to see in their next expansion" is likely being forced to fit a speculative mold of a Nautical, Naga, Old God themed expansion - and that just muddles up the entire point of this part of the WoW expansion cycle.

That brings me to this thread, and my question. Take a moment and forget about Naga, Old Gods, and the other plot seeds that blizzard has planted and instead ask yourself these questions - What do you want from the next WoW Expansion? What features do you want to see stay or go? What places do you want to see? What characters do you want to see developed? What races and classes do you want to see?

For me, I really want to see some of the other leaders come into the forefront of the story, like Baine getting some development outside of books, or some movement with the Gnomes - perhaps it's time to finally give up Gnomergon and start anew.

I would like to see the idea of post max level character progression further developed - perhaps adding in a bit more customization in the choices we make. Instead of having a set group of class or spec specific bonuses, maybe we go broader and allow us to follow the teachings of a Titan to improve what we wish (Path of Titans revisited perhaps?) Maybe a player that would like some crafting bonuses would choose to follow Khaz'goroth for bonuses to crafting and mining. Maybe this same path can also offer bonuses to health and armor, or fire and shadow protection and damage. So, an arms warrior that follows Khaz'goroth may get a fire dot attached to some of their abilities, or a fire mage may just get some bonuses to their damage. Perhaps following Aman'thul gives you a self rez that you can use every few hours - even in a raid, or Golganneth grants you permanent water breathing, swim speed. You get the idea.

Instead of a new class, I would love to see the current ones branch out further - adding additional specs and doing away with the idea of a "pure" class - A rogue tank spec based around parry, deflection, dodging and a touch of shadow magic, warlock healing spec based around using their own health to heal others, or a ranged death knight specializing in the use of rune etching and raising the undead like we've seen with the servants of Helya, to name a few.

Rather than new races I would like to see further customization come to existing ones - new skin colors, faces, hair, etc. themed after the many sub-races found in the world(s).

If we do need a new race (and jumping on board the whole 'Naga' bandwagon for this one) perhaps we do see the Naga become playable - but not as they have appeared in game thus far. No, those Naga are the creatures of N'zoth, corrupted and twisted - but what if a select few have begun to doubt their Queen and her master? Doubt so deep that it pulls them into action against their Queen and perhaps a small release from the corruption of their brethren.

I envision a starting experience in a "naga only" environment like the goblins where you begin as a full naga - the type we have seen throughout the history of Warcraft, but through the starting experience you rebel - and perhaps even use an artifact or magics to break yourself fully away from N'Zoth and Azshara. So much so that you recapture some of what you once were. A full humanoid creature with features that are one part Naga and one part High Elf - scales and fins and wild coloration but built onto a body frame similar to the Nightborne or Night Elves with legs instead of the serpentine body. From a lore perspective it would certainly set the two apart from one another - but from a technical perspective it would also allow for existing armor and animations to continue to be used for the race. Obviously it would be neutral until a faction is chosen as part of the story line.
    Last edited by MrFiddleswitch; 2017-08-09 at 10:37 PM.

Just copying/pasteing here:

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What if the next expansion is NOT south seas, but something akin to my "Lands of Conflict" expansion concept that would phase out the entire northern part of Eastern Kingdoms? I mean, it even had a Void entity as the main villain. Kul Tiras could still be a zone used in it, it would just be in the Eastern Kingdoms instead of a new map.

With the revamp of Murlocs, Yeti, Kobolds and Troggs, almost all native humanoids of Eastern Kingdoms are covered. (Still lacks Gnolls, thought).

Northern Eastern Kingdoms has lots of potential for updates. For example, you can:

* Finally seize the opportunity to put Quel'thalas in the Eastern Kingdoms continent.
    * Bring Alterac and Stromgarde to new glories
    * Update the (former) Plaguelands into new, purified zones
    * Update many places forgotten, like Hammerfall, Southshore, Aerie Peak
    * Finally have a use for Gilneas
    * Change the landscape by having Alliance and Horde claim and transform different parts of the land as part of their conflict (in my old concept, one of the ideas I most liked was Alliance retaking Caer Darrow and making a base over the ruins of Scholomance. Another one was Horde taking Jintha'alor and turning it into a new troll capital).
    * new zones could include old known places like Maisara Hills (Zul'aman), Kul Tiras and the old Dragon Isles concept.
    * Finally end several plotlines dangling since Warcraft 3

In my old expansion concept, the story starts with the Alliance moving north and retaking Stromgarde, while Horde retake Alterac to serve as a bulwark against the Alliance.

Also, remember, this is NOT a revamp like in Cataclysm. The entire updated version would be a phase over the old one, like they did in Blasted Lands, but spanning multiple zones. The old content still exists and is what you see when leveling an alt, and high level characters can talk to a dragon to "travel in time" and access it. The new version is available for leveling in the new expansion, so it's all high-level content.

Unlikely, I know. But possible (thought I'm terribly biased towards this idea). But I did send my concept to Dave Kozak via twitter back in the day (near end of MoP, so several years ago), so there's a tiny mythic-only-mount-drop-percentage chance the idea circulated around Blizzard offices.

I want to see Samuro in Wow (The Blademaster, not the singer), I would like to see Mankriks story evolve, and see Samuro build up the new Blademaster hero class.
    I would like to see Ogres for the Horde and Dryards for the Alliance (bold, I know)
    Guild Garrison would be nice, if done right.

I agree on Bayne, and also on the Gnomes, Gnomeregan should be a true city by now or New Gnomeregan should be build.

I agree and disagree on the new "advancing" of classes. I could see a Necromancer being a 4th spec for the Death Knight (others can see a whole class around the Necro) I can see some classes have 4th spec, tanking Rogue sounds good, I would prefer a range spec, but like Gladiator spec for Warrios would be nice, and most of the classes have such options. But not all. And that is the problem. I would prefer to see Blizz add new hero classes based on races and faction. (Warden for Alliance and Blademaster for Horde only). Combined with Blizz allowing to join guilds, groups and raids for both factions (both in the same guild ect) there would not be a balance issue as seen with Shaman and Paladin. So many races could get classes only they can be.

I think Blizz needs to add more customization for the races. Mag'har orcs have a lot of stuff in Draenor, and many others could get new options. This is a must in my opinion, and Blizz really needs to add new "sub" races

Blizz could totally explain why and how naga joined our playable race ranks, but I honestly dispise the idea, but I dont really know why come to think of it. I leave this one to Blizz and go with it. They are right most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Just copying/pasteing here:
    love this idea

Dynamic events - this needs to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Dynamic events - this needs to happen
    Totally on board with this. Would love to see something a bit less scripted than the pre-launch and current Legion Invasions - but still carry that same kind of zone wide experience.

Perhaps an event starts in a zone and there are 4 or 5 "objectives" that can be completed. Whichever objective gets completed first, the event then branches into a new set of 3 or 4 objectives, then again to 2, and finally culminating in a big boss.

Perhaps use some kinda auto-grouping option if you enter into this zone to make things a bit more fun than invasions were for healers and tanks.

Would love to see this.

I would like the idea of a Tinker class, usable only by gnomes and goblins. Similar to druids in that while druids shapeshift into a specific form to do most of their stuff (meaning you rarely see their armor and weapons), tinkers build and pilot mecha-suits for different things. A literal steamtank for tanking, a battle robot for DPS, and maybe a floating Gyrocopter for healing. Almost all themes have been explored for classes, but there's still not a class focused on technology, which is one of the things that makes warcraft unique to other fantasy settings.

In azeroth there's magic and there's technology. We have plenty of classes that make use of magic, but not even one that makes use of Tech.

I would like other leaders to get their time in the sun.

What I would like the most, more than anything else in the world, I know will never happen. Doesn't mean I'll stop yearning for it though.

I want cross-faction playing. I have friends in the alliance, that I cannot play with because I simply don't like their faction, and they don't like mine, so we have to settle with just talking.

Lorewise there are mercenaries of every conceivable race working for both sides. In the lore Stormwind is known to employ neutral orcs as spies. Orgrimmar is known to employ neutral humans as spies (The framing device for Rise of the Horde has a human spy delivering a message to Thrall in Grommash Hold).

Playable characters feel more like mercenaries than sworn officers, or formal soldiers for either side. It would make sense to allow us to work for both sides. Even if in limited capacity (Like, not letting us do quests for the other faction, but still allow us to group up with players from the other side and do group content together, or visit their cities)

But like I said, I know it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    I would prefer to see Blizz add new hero classes based on races and faction. (Warden for Alliance and Blademaster for Horde only).
    They tried this in vanilla. Paladins for the alliance, Shamans for the horde.

In trying to keep either from being stronger than the other, they ended up feeling more and more similar. It harmed the degree of freedom and creativity they had to develop each of these classes, because before they could even consider adding a new spell, or mechanic to either class, they had to ask themselves "What can we add to the other side to compensate".

Classes can't be restricted by faction, unless its a cosmetic-only restriction like in SWTOR, where the Empire would get a Sith Warrior, and the republic would get a Jedi Knight, and both classes would be 100% identical, but with different animations, spell names, spell icons, talent names, and resource names, but mechanically identical to one another.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    I want to see Samuro in Wow (The Blademaster, not the singer), I would like to see Mankriks story evolve, and see Samuro build up the new Blademaster hero class.
    I would like to see Ogres for the Horde and Dryards for the Alliance (bold, I know)
    Guild Garrison would be nice, if done right.

I agree on Bayne, and also on the Gnomes, Gnomeregan should be a true city by now or New Gnomeregan should be build.

I agree and disagree on the new "advancing" of classes. I could see a Necromancer being a 4th spec for the Death Knight (others can see a whole class around the Necro) I can see some classes have 4th spec, tanking Rogue sounds good, I would prefer a range spec, but like Gladiator spec for Warrios would be nice, and most of the classes have such options. But not all. And that is the problem. I would prefer to see Blizz add new hero classes based on races and faction. (Warden for Alliance and Blademaster for Horde only). Combined with Blizz allowing to join guilds, groups and raids for both factions (both in the same guild ect) there would not be a balance issue as seen with Shaman and Paladin. So many races could get classes only they can be.

I think Blizz needs to add more customization for the races. Mag'har orcs have a lot of stuff in Draenor, and many others could get new options. This is a must in my opinion, and Blizz really needs to add new "sub" races

Blizz could totally explain why and how naga joined our playable race ranks, but I honestly dispise the idea, but I dont really know why come to think of it. I leave this one to Blizz and go with it. They are right most of the time.
    I am glad this dude doesnt work for Blizzard.....horrible ideas.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix finally received a model, so I would like for him to feature a bit more in the expansion. I want Genn's conflict with Sylvanas to reach its conclusion, so that the undead may develop over Gilneas. I want trolls and orcs to protest in the streets of Orgrimmar for Sylvanas to rule from there instead of the Undercity. I want the Legion trend of having flavor everywhere to continue...

On the larger side of things, I do want a world revamp. Show some of the progress we know has occurred since the days of Cata. Rebuild Silvermoon, and highlight the High elf population known to reside there. Oh, and flying across all of the old world. I want to fly to Zul'Aman from the Eastern Kingdoms instead of porting to Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like stories that are a little deeper and involve more of the races we already have, many of which are really sadly neglected.

I would like to see new areas and parts of the world with something a little fresher than retreading the same stuff over and over.

Mists of Pandaria is the only example of that in WoW Expansions but I would rather see something like that than see another expansion like Legion which I thought was fine for what it was although I was not overly fond of them trying to make the expansion "epic" by killing off a bunch of major lore characters. Especially when they aren't terribly good at introducing new major lore characters with a proper buildup and history.

As much as I would like to see the world updated if that meant that we would spend another expansion with relatively little new to see I would pass on that.

Adding new classes (there are too many specs now) and new races (when most are already underutilized) seems pointless.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-08-10 at 12:22 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    They tried this in vanilla. Paladins for the alliance, Shamans for the horde.

In trying to keep either from being stronger than the other, they ended up feeling more and more similar. It harmed the degree of freedom and creativity they had to develop each of these classes, because before they could even consider adding a new spell, or mechanic to either class, they had to ask themselves "What can we add to the other side to compensate".

Classes can't be restricted by faction, unless its a cosmetic-only restriction like in SWTOR, where the Empire would get a Sith Warrior, and the republic would get a Jedi Knight, and both classes would be 100% identical, but with different animations, spell names, spell icons, talent names, and resource names, but mechanically identical to one another.
    No, they did not try this in vanilla. In Vanilla you had Paladins for Alliance and Shamans for Horde. I would like to go a step further. I first thought about a mirror class way, but that is just crippling the creativity.
    You totally can add a class (or more) to the Horde and a different to the Alliance. IF they add the possibility to let Alliance players join guilds, groups and raids of the other faction (Horde players too, of course) You wont see a Night Elf in Orgrimmar, but they would be able to group up and raid together. So the problem of faction balance for the classes would be gone.
    So you could add a Warden to Alliance and a Blademaster for Horde without having balance issues, because a Horde Blademaster could easily group and guild up with the Alliance. You would only be restricted in the same way a player is restricted in picking a race for a Paladin for example. You have just x number of races.

This would be a big change, but I think the pros outweight the cons (just talking about the joined faction thing)

If this is finally the long fabled "South Seas" expansion I want ships, I envision it as the final form of the Garrison and Order Hall. And is a constant part of the game going forward, like professions or bet battles.

It would be the answer to player housing, but real player housing as you get to pick one of three naval vessels; submarine, Destroyer, battleship.
    The ship you pick is really just the "bones" of your choosing, how it looks on the inside and out is up to you. There are so many doo-dads in the game to compliment a culture, if you pick sub, and want it to be Full on Dwarven or hell even mantid, go for it.

They would also have Followers/Champions, just as naval officers, you have your typical ones, First Mate, Galley Chef, Armsmaster, Quatermaster, etc. You can only have one of them at a time active, but there will be multiples to "collect."

Finally I'd like this also be able to do naval combat, with Ship Equipment being done entirely through professions. This ship would almost be like having a secondary character on your character.

I love the idea of everyone getting additional specs, but I just dont see that happening, at least for this next expansion. My feeling is that Blizz bit off more than they could chew in regards to class re-designs with Legion and are still hammering out the finer details as the expansion goes along. Brewmasters, guardian druids, sub rogues, feral, frost dk, enhacement shams, retribution, warlocks, marks/BM hunters have all had some significant tweaking/revamps/addition or subtraction of abilities. Maybe more. IMO, theres a few classes that are just plain bad. Id like to see Blizz really take the time to work out current class/specs so that they can be the best they can be.

One of the 'leak' threads mentioned Faction campaigns. The class campaigns were cool, but theres some content that I just havent had a chance to experience yet, and im not sure if i will anytime soon. Faction campaigns might be a nice compromise for exclusive, but still accessible content.

I would love to see more RPG elements included in the game. More player agency. More character customization. NPC's that aren't just there to populate the areas but actually serve a purpose, like selling unique items or having unique dialogue. Theres like a bajilion vendors across all the capitol cities, but all they sell is the same junk .More invasion like events that make the world feel more spontaneous and alive. Professions should be continued to be expanded upon. One idea I had would to have an equipment slot in our professions tab of our spellbook. If Im a miner for example, I would actually have to equip a pickaxe in a that slot and you can upgrade it as the xpac goes along, or maybe a dungeon boss drops a certain type of pickaxe. One could have a bonus chance to get extra ore. One could grant a bonus chance to find rare gems, etc. You could do this for all professions I would think, even secondary ones like cooking and fishing.

Any reason to get us back into the old world would be great. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are gigantic chunks of land that are mostly neglected this far into WoW's life.

edit*Also, forgot to mention. I reallllly liked Legion zones. But im getting a little fatigued from all the dark and spoopy stuff. Id love to see some more beaches and jungles and sunshine in zones.

Double Edit*Just watched Nixxioms video on his top 10 annoying things in warcraft. He mentioned the day night cycle and how night really isnt all that dark. would be pretty cool if things did get much darker! and you had to equip a torch or something like that.
    Last edited by Aseph; 2017-08-10 at 05:49 AM.

I want playable ogres, obviously. At this point it really is one of the biggest things for me. After 13 years, I'm pretty burned out on the game. I still like it and I still follow it, but I need something really specific for me to really get back to seriously playing it.

I'd love to see the ogres get a capital city that resembles Highmaul or the original Goria. The artwork for Goria in the Chronicle is just really impressive, and while I was fine with ogres before that was a thing, I think it would be a shame to pass up using that architecture in a friendly capacity.

I also want playable naga. Ever since their introduction in the Frozen Throne, there's always been something cool about them. At the moment, most of them are just plain evil (even the Coilskar aren't exactly nice), but that hasn't stopped things from becoming playable in the past. Also, Metzen listed them alongside goblins and ogres as races he wanted to see back in the day, so it's not just some fan wish that goes against the lore team. I would want them to be naga as we know though. Their body shape is a challenge, but not insurmountable, and Blizzard has been meeting challenges I never thought they would in the last few years.

I want to see more character customization. I still want straight-backed orcs, Zandalari styled trolls, and hopefully high elves. They'd technically be a new race for the Alliance, but they require so little work that I think they're better off being squeezed in like this than the main new race for an expansion.

I'd love to see a new class if it can be squeezed in. I still think there's room for more. Necromancer could be the "mass pet" class that MMOs used to have, but World of Warcraft never really has, and they could be the caster counterpart to the Death Knight, similar to the relation between Warlock and Demon Hunter. I think there's room to distinguish that. I'd also love to see something like Spellbreaker. It's not as easy to come up with a niche for it, but I used to really like the idea of a spellblade or warmage or whatever you want to call them, and I think Spellbreaker could be that for Warcraft.

I want to see new race/class combinations. Personally I'd want night elf paladin, draenei warlock, and/or draenei demon hunter.

I'd like to see the game be more consistent about cooperation. The invasions and other features are getting close to dynamic events, but the lack of open tagging outside of major bosses still causes a lot of unnecessary grief and leading people to hate fellow players more than the enemies they're fighting.

I'd like to see the Dragon Isles. I don't know if Blizzard remembers them or considers them canon, but the work that was done on them was really cool looking. I'd like to go back to Kezan and see the whole island. I hate areas that cannot be revisited. I want to go to Zandalar. The artwork in the Chronicle was extremely impressive as well. I also hope that the Cataclysm didn't ruin it too much yet, because I don't want to get to such an awesome place just to see it as another set of ruins.

I want Blizzard to settle on a personality for Jaina, and hopefully a good one. I remember this whole thing started because Blizzard wanted to fix her, and all it did was break her. Christie Golden keeps fixing her, and I hope she can get that to stick. Jaina was a good character, and it really sucks to see her fall apart and everyone hate her because her writing started going all over the place.

I want to see Azshara as a major villain. I've been wanting to see her since before World of Warcraft came out. At this point, she's also one of the few villains left that I even care about. I'm actually pretty fond of the Chronicle setting the Void Lords up as the ultimate villains of the Warcraft Universe, but I don't have any particular investment in seeing that.

I want to see race storylines like the class storylines in Legion. I think there's a lot of potential in showing each race's perspective on whatever conflict we face, and some races really need the development. I think the way the class storylines were told could easily be adapted for races (and could even be an excuse to finally give us racially themed armor for the races that still don't have access to it).

I want to see a story told like Legion, but perhaps a little more... streamlined? I don't know exactly how to put it, but Legion consistently overwhelmed me and often overflowed my quest log. I'd like a little more focus and the side stuff be more optional than it felt this time around so I don't feel like I need to follow a hundred plot lines at once and keep up progress and reputation with them.

I want to see more account-wide systems and some further lightened restrictions on transmog. I'm really spoiled by other games that have finally gotten me to experiment with alts, and World of Warcraft still just isn't there for me.

That's probably all too much for a single expansion, but I don't need all of it. They're all just things I'd like to see, and even getting a fraction of them would be nice.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-08-10 at 05:01 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want an evolution of the world quest system where they combine it with invasions. So you would have randomly rotating war fronts in each zone with a bundle of contextually related world quests to complete while it is up.

Take Azsuna as an example, instead of random world quests all over the place you might have a few hours where demons are attacking out of Faronaar and your world quests are about pushing back the attack. At the same time, the naga could be attacking on a different front and as soon as they are dealt with a new demon front opens up from Suramar.

It would make zones feel alive and dynamic, as well as put the war back in Warcraft.

Deleted
    There are some things I'd like to see in future expansion and I really hope some of them come true.

New race: Ethereal. As far as I remember from lore those guys got only souls sticked with partial clothes due to solid protection-over-city spell and complication after magic explosion from enemy forces.
    Passive bonuses: movement speed (1-2%), small dash (10-15y), magic damage absorption cooldown. Armor look as shattered one, so they don't look like wind elementals inside full plate armours.
    Classes: Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Priest, Shaman.

New class: Tinkerer. Multi-purpose technological advanced class.
    Races: Goblin, Gnome, Dwarf, Orc (yes, Orcs, because of 2:2 ratio balance).
    Roles: Mail armoured Mid-range DPS, Tank, Healer. Each spec can jump into specific mechabot to help in battle.
    • Tank - can use some technological improvements on body to be more durable (energy shield constantly replenishing and reducing damage), versalite (pull-to-target grip, gravity altering blast that knock up enemies), and a top of all - awesome (tangling grenade that hook to all enemies in 10y radius, binding their movement together, so no one can escape further from primal target, battlesuit: greatly increasing armour, blocking some damage and buff energy shield replenish rate further, for short amount of time. Living fortress )
    • Mid-range DPS: throw spider-bot with gatling gun on top to deal light damage and stack "Corrosion" on target, to increase damage dealt by player. Throw stun granades, exploding knives, and load your one-handed gun with burning ammunition. Summon your greatest invention - pair of mechanical hands on your back, that shoot independently of your actions at main target for few seconds.
    • Heler: Build-in defiblirator for getting back instantly into fight after troublesome death, two medibots that constantly heal selected players in 35y range. Adrenaline boost pad to increase movement speed of all allies that run through it, and Healing Beam Gun. Add Radiating Box that heal in AoE to that kit too! And best of all - MEDISUIT. Turn into walking medical centre. Heal everyone in 40yard radius, remove poison and diseases from them every 1 second. Explode after while in glory increasing healing recived by 20% for 10 seconds.

4th spec for some classes:
    • Necromancer-style DK. throw bone spears, raise skeletons that live for 10 seconds, deal damage during that time and broke into pile of bones. They will raise from previous spot and move toward main target everytime you cast spell again during encounter. Open wound on enemy and transfuse blood to most damaged ally in range. Turn into traveling mist, invulerable for all sort of damage. Circle of bone can imprison group of mobs in place for short time/until destroyed. Summon Bone Spike floor to apply Bleeding effect on enemies, increasing each second inside "trap" in damage but not duration. New weapon runeforged enchant increase critical strike damage when target is bleeding.
    • Gladiator Warrior. Great comeback of Sword'n'Board fighting style. Smash enemies with Shield, cut them with sword. use Throw Assault skill to throw weapon dealing AoE damage then charging with shield knocking enemies closer to impact point. Crushing Blow got 20% increased critical chance and you get +30% damage bonus from next Crushing Blow each time you crit, stacking until you land no-crit hit with it. Battle Senses boost autoattack attack speed on current target by 30% for 20 seconds, each autoattack during that time increase attack speed further by 5% stacking up to 20 times. Each time you use different skill you refresh 2.5sec buff that increase damage dealt by autoattacks by 20%, and add stack to it, so timing is most valuable resource for Gladiator.

Talent customization system.
    You can customize talents in many ways - 2 options for damaging skill or utility one that are same compared to power but used in different matter. For example:
    • Wrath Walk can be upgraded for shorted cooldown, or increased speed.
    • Moonfire can be upgraded for copy of dot on your target or on nearby target (if main target is moonfired already 2 beams tag nearby targets instead of 1)
      You can deal double dot on main target and switch for another and repeat or can spam main target and spread dot on additional adds. Priority add or swarm kill - your choice.
    • Pick one of two: your HoT 15% quicker or heal 15% more over duration. All matters on encounter and preferences + stats.No need to throw high-ilvl item because you lose haste. You can adjust your flaws by customization.