Deleted

WeakAura showing pet in range for Kill Command etc?

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a trigger for when your pet is in range for Kill Command or Dire Frenzy on the target?

Quote Originally Posted by NerevarReborn View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to have a trigger for when your pet is in range for Kill Command or Dire Frenzy on the target?
    With KC now including a 40 yard charge, if you are in range your pet is in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    With KC now including a 40 yard charge, if you are in range your pet is in range.
    Untrue. I can be in range of both the bosses on Demonic inquisition, but my pet sure as fuck won't be. If I'm situated in the middle of the room and one boss is stood at 12'oclock and another at 9'oclock, pet won't be in range but I will. It's "sort of" annoying that you then keep mashing KC to try and make the pet charge, but it has to run a while first where you could realistically have gotten a few DB's or cobra shots in instead.

As for OP, I don't have any solution for you. For everything but KC, the number or letter on your keybind goes red when out of range instead of white, but as KC is based on your pet and it doesn't return that information anywhere, it always stays white.

I don't think you can.

Usually, the way I do it is I add a /petattack in the Kill command macro, & just spam it untill it get cooldown.

The main problem of adding /petattack that way is if you have no target, it will tab for one target, then send the pet. It can lead to fail pull if you just ended a pack or so, mostly in MM+

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Untrue. I can be in range of both the bosses on Demonic inquisition, but my pet sure as fuck won't be. If I'm situated in the middle of the room and one boss is stood at 12'oclock and another at 9'oclock, pet won't be in range but I will. It's "sort of" annoying that you then keep mashing KC to try and make the pet charge, but it has to run a while first where you could realistically have gotten a few DB's or cobra shots in instead.

As for OP, I don't have any solution for you. For everything but KC, the number or letter on your keybind goes red when out of range instead of white, but as KC is based on your pet and it doesn't return that information anywhere, it always stays white.
    Are you referring to when KC is on CD? When I target switch using KC my pet will charge to the new target. If KC is on CD then yes, they have to walk over to the new target which is annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    Are you referring to when KC is on CD? When I target switch using KC my pet will charge to the new target. If KC is on CD then yes, they have to walk over to the new target which is annoying as fuck.
    No he's referring to when your pet is simply out of range and your character is not, like in this crude example:

Target <--40 yards--> you <--20 yards--> your pet

You can mash KC all you want, until your pet has moved the 20y distances between it and you, it isn't going to KC charge to the boss, even though the KC says it is in-range because your character is in-range, but your pet isn't.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-08-11 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers. It seems even Blizzard kinda has failed on this for the UI, since like you say there is no indication there when KC is ready to go. Only CD or not, no way of knowing if the pet is close enough. I keep wasting time trying to get KC to hit when I could have used my pet attack macro and a Cobra Shot or something before the KC could land. When a button is off CD and not red it should be possible to use on the target, and this just isn't always the case with pet commands.

Thanks for the answers. It seems even Blizzard kinda has failed on this for the UI, since like you say there is no indication there when KC is ready to go. Only CD or not, no way of knowing if the pet is close enough. I keep wasting time trying to get KC to hit when I could have used my pet attack macro and a Cobra Shot or something before the KC could land. When a button is off CD and not red it should be possible to use on the target, and this just isn't always the case with pet commands.
    I'll look at my WA. I have a condition set to flash an icon when my pet is not in melee range of my target. I might be able to change the condition to pet > 40yd from my target.

Yup, unfortunately all you can do is actually look where your pet is and learn to gauge distances with your eyes, so you can see roughly how far away your pet is from the target to see if it's worth using the likes of CS whilst you wait for it to get in-range.

Dude have you tried RangeDisplay add-on ? It displays the distance between you and target, you could at least estimate how far you and your pet away from target.

Also i am lf a functional working WA which displays how many targets in my pets beast cleave range. Any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    Dude have you tried RangeDisplay add-on ? It displays the distance between you and target, you could at least estimate how far you and your pet away from target.

Also i am lf a functional working WA which displays how many targets in my pets beast cleave range. Any help would be appreciated
    Range display only works for YOUR position relative to stuff (target, focus etc). Not your pets. Your pets position isn't sent in any value in the game that we can pick up, so we can't compare it to an enemy, and thus can't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by aomtte View Post
    I don't think you can.

Usually, the way I do it is I add a /petattack in the Kill command macro, & just spam it untill it get cooldown.

The main problem of adding /petattack that way is if you have no target, it will tab for one target, then send the pet. It can lead to fail pull if you just ended a pack or so, mostly in MM+
    Add

/stopmacro [@target, noexists]

as first line?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's my playstyle but I got so used to sending pet to attack first when switching targets that it kind of became a non-issue for me. I binded pet attack to keybinds like 8 years ago haha.

You might be able to macro something though instead of a weakaura to see if pet is in range, so it would solve the real problem you're having.