Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, if it's best use of your time, suit yourself. I rather ignore games that I hate and focus on things that I enjoy. Life is too short.
    I have a lot of downtime in between releases of games I enjoy and I come to this site for non-WoW threads too. Every now and then I just see a WoW thread I feel like posting in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Why would I use ground mounts when it will be only me?
    And why should I not be able to fly at max level like in BC, LK, Cata and MOP?

I guess you never played back in the good old days where the flight master actually meant something. Flying should be an end of expansion thing and it should be really hard to get.
    I'm playing since BC (which is tooted by a lot of people as the "best expansion", and you could get flying at 70 (or even 68 for druids). And at 77 in LK. And at 80 in Cata, and so on.

I guess Blizzard agrees with me, so suck it.
    No, that means I just vote with my wallet and unsub (it's not the only reason ofc, but it's one of them).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol i love how you dont include burning crusade... but yeah i understand why cause it did sorta suck.... it was the middle ground of the amazing vanilla and amazing wotlk.
    TBC sucked on the story telling front, it felt all over the place, but content front was great.

It is almost like Blizzard starting doing really good story telling in Wrath.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Classic was good
    tbc was good
    wrath was good
    cata was ok
    mop was good
    wod sucked
    legion sucks

Hopefully the next xpac is wotlk tier

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Did you enjoy being a prisoner in your garrison once you were done raiding? Your hobbies irl must include fun activities such as watching paint dry or watching grass grow.
    So you make a thread about your opinions on previous expansions and then bash others for their opinions on same expansions.

This thread pretty much sums up the entire internet.

Thanks for your blog post. You forgot to turn off the comment section.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    WAT. Have you ever played CoT heroic in BC? We did most of the Cata heroics as 3 or 4 with crap equipment. "Overtuned", wtf...
    Cata heroic dungeons were not hard, it's more like the ones in WotLK were pointless. As the quest bosses were.

If you want to faceroll things, don't play "heroic" content.
    Based on your post, you grouped for them with people you fucking knew. I pugged them/LFD'd them. The number of times I wiped on bosses because one person fucked up in a dungeon in cata was way too high. Keep in mine, Heroics in BC =/= Heroics in Cata. The player base in BC =/= player base in Cata.

Cata the game was coming off its highest number much more compared to BC ... so you had a lot of players getting into the game. I wiped less with a groups I set up, but pugging/LFD'ing heroics ... forget it.

Stop being an elitist snob "well if you didn't do this, you can't comment!" that was your only argument.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2017-08-12 at 08:41 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I don't think the expansions follow a 'good/bad' pattern. Even WOD where I hated the story the dungeons and raids, or what I played of them I was largely burnt out in general at the time, seemed solid. Cata had a lame final boss encounter but felt pretty solid for the most part.

Deleted
    Cata was far worse than WoD.

Deleted
    I don't agree that MoP or Legion are good. I think they pale in comparison to wotlk and TBC, and player activity would agree with me. (cue shrieking triggered activision fanboys).

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    There is no real pattern..

TBC was epic
    WotLK was horrible
    Cata was very good
    MoP was very bad
    WoD was as horrible as WotLK
    Legion is extremely good (as of v7.2.5)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Why people discuss this thread? OP logic based on subjective opinion and some Wonbo-Mombo pattern half dead argument...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There is no real pattern..

TBC was epic
    WotLK was horrible
    Cata was very good
    MoP was very bad
    WoD was as horrible as WotLK
    Legion is extremely good (as of v7.2.5)
    BC they had no idea what they wanted.
    Wrath they knew what they wanted and put it all.
    Cata they thought they knew what players wanted but didn't
    MoP was fun
    WoD was poorly done.
    Legion is underwhelming
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Legion IS garbage, I quit the game like 5 months ago because I seen the crap storm coming. WoD was utter garbage as well, but I think better than Legion(Perfect luck on legendaries to be good?) The best xpac was Wrath, followed by the first month of Cata(until they nerfed the dungeons because crybabies said they were too hard).

If they get rid of Legendaries, and the lazy "we don't have to make weapons anymore!" artifact weapons, I MIGHT.... Might... resub to check it out. Otherwise, I am fully content never playing the garbage game(current state) again.

artifact system sucks. no stat individualization sucks. no talent choices sucks.
    the transmog system is dope except for reputation stuff that should be account wide.
    pvp is alright but pruning made it a lot less interesting to play at all.

plus for some reason they let that lore guy commentate pvp tourneys even though he has no clue about the game.

much of the new gear looks nice.
    holinka is gone so that has to count for something as well!
    maybe if celestalon gets pruned before next xpac announce we can expect something better for a change.

the problem is artifact weapons opened the door to endless grind mechanics. there's no turning back.

I wouldn't call Legion good, but rather average. I could say the same for MoP but it got better during the start of 5.2 and 5.4, but then the 14 month content drought happened and delivered us an half-assed expansion. Legion has yet to pull out a good patch imo, I found 7.2 to be horrible.

This is the pattern I see instead:

TBC: Great
    WotLK: Great
    Cata: Bad
    MoP: Average
    WoD: Bad
    Legion: Average

Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    I love people who think everything has to follow a pattern. All I can imagine is the WoW think tank deciding on the next expansion and they're like "Well, Legion was good, so our next one has to be a real shitter. What do we got?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazrel View Post
    Legion IS garbage, I quit the game like 5 months ago because I seen the crap storm coming. WoD was utter garbage as well, but I think better than Legion(Perfect luck on legendaries to be good?) The best xpac was Wrath, followed by the first month of Cata(until they nerfed the dungeons because crybabies said they were too hard).

If they get rid of Legendaries, and the lazy "we don't have to make weapons anymore!" artifact weapons, I MIGHT.... Might... resub to check it out. Otherwise, I am fully content never playing the garbage game(current state) again.
    Wod
    better
    then
    legion
    Pfft!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wod
    better
    then
    legion
    Pfft!
    To be fair I agree. WoD was boring and had no effort put into it by blizzard.

In Legion the only effort they put in was making it annoying and frustrating in every possible aspect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    To be fair I agree. WoD was boring and had no effort put into it by blizzard.

In Legion the only effort they put in was making it annoying and frustrating in every possible aspect.
    really? So wod with 3 raids, 1 major content patch, had little to NOTHING to do out in the world and 8 dungeons that were useless a few weeks in.
    is better then legion
    with allready 5 raids and another one soon, 3 confirmed major content patches, non stop world content in world quests and 13 dungeons that are allways current, never "outgeared"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Great
    TBC : Great
    WotLK: Great
    Cata: Good start, Average ending
    MoP: Average , Didn't play SOO.
    WoD: Didn't play
    Legion: Good but far from great due to flawed systems.