TBC: Fine
    WotLK: Good
    Cata: Okay
    MoP: GREAT!
    WoD: Very bad
    Legion: Good

See the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    It's really about perspective. From your point of you that pattern exists so the next expansion will be bad.

For my own "pattern" WoD was one of the best expansions and Legion one of the worst so the next expansion will surely be good.
    Yeah but that's like saying "Well in my view the Dark Ages were great and the Rennassaince era was bad so blah!"

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    No, I understand your "opinion". I just want to know this, though. Why? Give me examples, for as to why you thought that WoD was even remotely good.
    Apparently you missed the very next post where I explained it. I enjoyed raiding. It's all I play WoW to do. An expansion where the sole purpose of its existence is to raid is exactly what I want. I realize I'm not in a majority of that opinion but I'm also not going to try convincing anybody that my positive perception of WoD as an expansion is anything other than my own.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wod
    better
    then
    legion
    Pfft!
    Yes. WoD was better than legion. much better. I thought I covered this in my post? smh

Deleted
    Frett not! I didn't like Legion so you don't need to concern yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - Brand new game and world to explore I was hooked from day one.

TBC - Classes were distinct. Niche roles existed. Tiered raiding progression that you had to work your way up through. My personal favorite expansion.

Wrath - Starting to push homogenization and the beginning of the push for accessibility. This was the the first time I let my sub lapse.

Cata - Cata created the great raider divide and focusing on catering to the vocal minority with the nerf of heroics. I maintained a sub for like 5-6 months. Homogenization continues and dilutes unique. My favorite class goes from Tank healing god to mindless AOE heal spamming.

MoP - It was better than Cata for sure. I managed to stay subbed for the majority of the expansion PVP'ing mostly and lamenting the new legendary system despite finishing the quest line. Didn't raid much because my preferred specs and classes were underpowered or shadows of their former role. Timeless Isle ganking on my Survival Hunter gave me the biggest laughs I've ever had in this game. Knocking morons off of cliffs for hours and hours brought me great joy.

WoD - Garrisons. FUCK GARRISONS! Now we're stuck with this shitty follower minigame that has no purpose. Bad legendary system from MoP carried over too. Story made no sense. But at least my favorite role returned for an expansion in raiding. Fuck the shipyard too. I played the first 5 months and quit until right before Legion.

Legion - I'm off and on of this expansion. Picked a bad PVE spec because it rocked in PVP ended up trying to raid instead of PVP and quit for a couple months. Came back and picked Holy Paladin and they've changed again since WoD so I hate them again... Quit for another 2 months rolled Elemental Shaman (queue the "Mistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake") and now I'm leveling my Holy Priest. The theme is good, the zones are great, the scaling is fantastic. The raids look fun from what I've done. I think it's probably one of the better expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Begone antiflyer.
    Different opinons BAD!

The compromise they currently have is fine.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2017-08-13 at 06:38 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of people accepting change in these threads are astounding.

Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    There is no pattern. Remember, you're not counting BC, which was good as well. That breaks your pattern.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    That's because they have 2 separate teams for wow expansions (remember the new devs they hired before WoD?).

WoD was made by the b team.
    Legion was made by the a team.
    Expansion 7 will be made by the b team again.

Get your hype up,for expansion 8.
    This is BS that has got to end. They DON'T have 2 teams. People hired were added, they weren't a completely different team. The designers have always been the same unless they left blizz or went for a different game within blizz.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-13 at 06:37 AM.

Did you enjoy being a prisoner in your garrison once you were done raiding? Your hobbies irl must include fun activities such as watching paint dry or watching grass grow.
    Every time I see someone say this I have to wonder if they played the same game I did. There was a ton to do in Draenor. I only have one toon. I was in between jobs. And there were days I thought to myself "I don't have enough time to get everything done. There's going to be quests undone, dungeons not run, etc."

2 words: quit the game, it isn't for you anymore.

The only thing I'm dreading is if they keep a single system introduced in legion. Bar the wardrobe this expansion has brought nothing but complete garbage.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really? So wod with 3 raids, 1 major content patch, had little to NOTHING to do out in the world and 8 dungeons that were useless a few weeks in.
    is better then legion
    with allready 5 raids and another one soon, 3 confirmed major content patches, non stop world content in world quests and 13 dungeons that are allways current, never "outgeared"
    I primarily raid. Legion raids are bad. WoD raids were good. I enjoyed playing my main in WoD, I find it unbearably dull in Legion.

I prefer WoD to legion

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Afrasiabi wrote stuff like Stonetalon Garrosh (though it was undercut by miscommunication).
    Can you expand on that? I don't think I've heard about this before.

Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    That's funny. I thought Cata was good, MoP was shit, and legion is almost as bad as WoD...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was great.
    Cata was good.
    MoP was great
    WoD was Meh.
    Legion is good.

I dunno man, WoD always felt like an outlier to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    To be fair I agree. WoD was boring and had no effort put into it by blizzard.

In Legion the only effort they put in was making it annoying and frustrating in every possible aspect.
    I still find it weird how people find Legion bad. There is really nothing that makes it a bad expansion. even the usual complaints of "HUURRR AP, HURR RNG" make little sense as to how the game is bad. Since both really have added little more grind than the previous expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Lol, Legion is not good xD
    Best expansion they have ever made so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I personally liked Cata a lot more than Mop. The one thing I think they f-ed up is allowing flying all over Azeroth.
    I also liked Cata more than MoP, but I really did not like MoP. I had a lot of fun early Cata, but it died off shortly after they nerfed the difficulty of heroics and raids only a couple months after release. I really enjoyed having to put some thought into dungeons again as a tank. It was a lot more interesting to know my strengths and weaknesses, instead of aoeing every pack, in every dungeon. I haven't played a tank since. I wasn't a big fan of the shattering, and thought it went too far. Some zones definitely warranted a rework and new quest lines, but it was a bit annoying that I went through all these quests and quest lines in an area, only for there to be more-or-less a reset on the area.

The one thing I will not forgive Blizz for with Legion is taking away my sword and board as a healadin. All that time spent collecting shield mogs across multiple expansions for transmogs, gone to waste. =(

Deleted
    My biggest worry is that they'll double down on Diablofication of WoW.

Some of the new systems introduced in Legion need to be scaled down/trivialized.

Deleted
    My biggest concern is this expansion introduced A LOT of new fancy mechanics, dozens of special effects on legendaries, bunch of gold traits on artifacts, stuff like that. Some of these effects will no doubt become baseline for classes, but a lot of them won't. I don't see how it's possible to go into the next expansion without a lot of people feeling they are losing their favorite new mechanic, or at least losing more then they will be gaining.