IPV6 Setup Disconnecting From WoW

Ive tried my hand going IPV6 with mixed results since IPV6 support became a thing. I decided to enable it again today from my ISPs gateway modem, ran all the tests and everything seems to pass minus 2 checks via the IPV6 test site, which I'll note below.

Doing this, I've come across an odd issue with 2 PC's hardwired to my upstairs access point, disconnecting simultaneously in WoW regardless of the protocol chosen in the game. My other PC's on the network which are connected wirelessly and wired to the ISP gateway (not the upstairs AP) do not disconnect, so I imagine there's something amiss with my upstairs AP that doesn't like a constant stream of data and IPV6.

My network setup is: Fiber Modem/Gateway > Upstairs Router in AP mode(Nighthawk x6 R8000) > direct connect PCs.

When running an IPV6 test, I get the following issues identified and not sure if they’re related to my issue:

Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.

There is no reverse DNS record to associate your IPv6 address with a host name. Reverse DNS records are required by some Internet protocols and are usually managed at the ISP level.

Looking to try and figure this out. It's not the end of the world obviously but I like new tech.

Edit: another oddity is after enabling IPV6 on the ISP gateway, it was as if I was no longer connecting through the upstairs AP. Meaning, when IPV6 is enabled I can't connect to the router setup url any longer as it doesn't recognize me being connected to it.
    Last edited by Erous; 2018-12-08 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IPV6 hasn't been fully rolled out yet so weird shit will happen. There is zero benefit to using it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit I know next to nothing about IP6, however in working with customer computers every day, about 2-3 times a month the act of disabling IP6 in network options fixes a lot of dns/website issues, so... Kinda not surprised. I'd just write it off as 'don't bother for now'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    IPV6 hasn't been fully rolled out yet so weird shit will happen. There is zero benefit to using it at this point.
    Yeah I get it, it's just nagging me especially with the increased support for it being received. I wonder if there's just something with using the Nighthawk x6. I have a simple switch I could use upstairs as a fall back to test it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'll admit I know next to nothing about IP6, however in working with customer computers every day, about 2-3 times a month the act of disabling IP6 in network options fixes a lot of dns/website issues, so... Kinda not surprised. I'd just write it off as 'don't bother for now'
    Yeah I was researching and there's a lot out there that says just turn it off. Well damn. Still going to try the switch thing.

Blizzard waited until 2018 to include better threading for their games for the multi-core systems, which are in our houses since jesus was born.

I think they'll need another 10 years for ipv6 to be implemented properly to their games.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Blizzard waited until 2018 to include better threading for their games for the multi-core systems, which are in our houses since jesus was born.

I think they'll need another 10 years for ipv6 to be implemented properly to their games.
    Right and I agree, I'm just not sure it's a blizzard problem.ive actually used wow IPV6 for awhile, but I turn it off due to other devices in my house misbehaving. It's always seemed to work alright for me. This is one of those cases where regardless of protocol chosen in game they disconnect just from it being enabled as an option on my network.

- - - Updated - - -

After obsessing over this I figured it was on my ISPs end by direct connecting to the gateway. My smartass router was creating an IPV4 to IPV6 tunnel, which obviously Blizzard didn't like, hence my disconnecting. Thanks for chatting through this with me.