Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tanks in world PVP

Just got to experience this for the first time today. Blood DKs and bears with over 10m hp doing 1/3rd of your health with one attack. What were they thinking? You can't complete the Timeworn Strand WQ with one around

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Just got to experience this for the first time today. Blood DKs and bears with over 10m hp doing 1/3rd of your health with one attack. What were they thinking? You can't complete the Timeworn Strand WQ with one around
    Also depends on the class you're playing.

As my Blood DK, i've hard rogues kill me nearly instantly, even with 7.8m HP before Bone Shield/Death Strike stacks it up higher. And that was through IBF.

Depends on what legendaries they have, and what legendaries you have, really. I remember the other day on Broken Shore a rogue tried to gank me and whatever attack he used (causes a targetting thing around you that closes in, makes a noise, deals damage, does so repeatedly, i dont remember what it was called) was doing about 1.2 million/tick. Only reason i lived was because i was in the middle of the harpy mobs and popped Bonestorm and Consumption. If it had been just him and me, i'd have died to that one ability alone.

Now, as any kind of soft DPS that cant hand out 3-4 million per global?

Yeah, good luck against a tank. Theyll eat you for lunch and spit you out before you can even hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    This is why wPvP or dueling means exactly nothing in Legion. It's dogshit.

yeh playing my ele shaman if someone jumps me, im dead, on my blood dk 10 ilvl lower 906 vs 917, i'm just eating melee and laughing my ass off.

death strike 582k crit, lava burst crits like 350k in pvp then chance for overload, why is a casted ability from a dps not even guaranteed to deal more damage then a tank getting a lucky crit?

i mean his health is twice as much, actually has survival cooldowns and heals for 20 times as much, why should they deal any damage at all with such survival?

you should just accept if someone is a tank, they are the scissors to your paper, and have the right to freely slap the shit out of you whenever they feel like it, just try kill mobs and let the alpha spec do whatever they want, if you don't like it feel free to raid mythic get ilvl 945 this tier, and just dominate in world pvp all day. (LUL)

Use the in game group finder tool for the FFA PvP WQ, makes them fast and east mode.

Look, we are bad in pvp everywhere else.
    Just give us this one thing OK?

I normally avoid actually doing pvp in the world quest zones. But if I see some dude picking on others i'll try to kill him. PvP is best when you don't have to fight any players at all.

I am a vengeance Demon Hunter not a blood DK but the kind of things that kills me is stuff with a lot of CC like rogues. and casters that slow me down like frost mage.
    Blood and Vengeance cant heal if they cant hit you.
    Magic damage is really powerful too since most tank mitigation is for physical only.

Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    Blood and Vengeance cant heal if they cant hit you.
    Magic damage is really powerful too since most tank mitigation is for physical only.
    blood dk can't heal? double grip, ranged stun, blooddrinker? you mean retarded idiot blood dk can't heal, good ones will find a way to keep on your ass.

Ok fine, Vengeance can't heal if they can't hit you. Pls buff us bliz.

It's World PvP, like Cal said, it's dogshit. They do no balancing or tuning for it.

For the FFAs... I just farm the mobs. Skirt the edges, land, pick off mobs, get out. Doesn't usually take more than 5-10 minutes, and I only do them on my "main" as all I'm after is the prestige mounts. It's better than actually PvPing.

I had those same two tanks rekt my Havoc DH, I was like, lemme get some of this... nope nope NOPE.

Flip side, team of 5 alliance could do nothing while I ripped apart their disc priest and nearly their boomkin before they eventually killed me. Legendaries in world PVP, your set bonus and all that shit... quite a few times wondering "WTF was that..."
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Well, you can do good burst dmg as an assasin rogue against tanks, unlike subs burst, it does go through all their armor, just using 5 combopoints with marked for death, vendetta, talented nightstalker(50% more dmg on opener), the legg crit shoulders, toxic blade + evenom, open vanish and and high ilvl draught of souls(works good against tanks because they lack a pet zoo or totems)

on the other side though, high mobility tanks like the recently buffed(and there are big and many buffs) DH tank will counter anything a rogue got much easily without any preperation.

On a different char, my affliction lock, i tried the new demonic gate pvp end talent against a prot warrior tank in wpvp it was op murloc. it looked good so far, dotted him up stacked UA too and almost thought i got the win, but usually you only get them down to like 30% hp until their passive tank def mechanics start to proc automatically he quickly focused me and i quickly used the demonic portal with portal legg and new portal pvp portal talent making portal kinda powerful and warlock movement kinda strong, dunno, my lock got quickly bursted down by just 1 heroic jump even though the distance was probably more than just 40y, maybe double that range.

I thought tanks class fantasy should be like slow, but undestructable. Not super fast like an arrow.

I mean tanks are still op in wpvp and you can't touch them, some tanks like port warrior also have insane legs, like Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles that will restore hp with rage and another legg that provides extra rage income.

tanky, lots of dmg, too much mobility and legs that provide another healer on your back basicly makes this too strong. heck you cannot even push a prot tank from a mountain he just keeps jumping back, if he is aware of his environment.

I still think a rogue is the best dd you can have for wpvp in legion without his crude stat template in instances and other tools like vanish powder and very powerful legs, giving strong selfheal and 100% crit. Still tanks got it all baked in and leggs only makes them more powerful on top of that.

Dmg/burst is high everyhwhere, merely mitigation and evasion/avoid mechanics are that matters. Also heal does not mean much if you die in just 1 or 2 GCD, tankiness + heal mean much, though.
    And mobility is king - people will run away from tanks, if they can, so tanks with moblity are a must.
    Meaning blood dk is the worst of them.

If you want people to run from you, you defenately should consider wpvp and tanking.

I do not think the devs of this game will fix this until next expansion, if they will ever fix it, that is.

Its a bit a pitty, i kinda used to like wpvp, in a competetive way, like you only solo attack groups or people that have strong gear and are looking for pvp, like beeing in a pvp zone or attacking other people in a pve quest zone for no reasion and you help out, the groups that gank people i never liked much, only if its a solo ganker(you know rogue behaviour, it natural to do it :P)., however with that unbalance everything is in vain and pointless, since everything got one shotted until its a tank or hides away in stealth, thats pretty boring actually.

Still in early wrath S5, i remember how my frost mage turned the tables when a rogue attacked me, and it was not until all his cds were used up, because he kept on running away once focused. You actually got a fight, instead of mindless 1 shots.Tanks did not mean much anway for a mage, dunno their power level anymore in wrath, but it was certainly not that insane as in legion.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-06-27 at 06:00 AM.

Part of the decline in PvP would be tanks doing damage in PvP .. Inside instanced PvP they need to do about half the damage they do now and instead get a bigger 'toy box' that focuses on mitigating team and harassment. In world PvP they need to do no more damage than the minimum needed to quest ..

Simply put the game becomes disgusting for any one facing them today ..

Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    Ok fine, Vengeance can't heal if they can't hit you. Pls buff us bliz.
    10 buffs, some were selfheal buffs, aren't enough?

Spoiler: You can hit pve mobs in wpvp zones, too./endspoiler

I am a Paladin Tank and I do not have any shot at killing a DD that is 1. not a moron and 2. same ilvl as me.. Even before the healnerf I had a hard time, but it was manageable, now I just WQ as a Ret and rek everybody.

Deleted
    Yeah I hate to do the free for all world pvp quests when there are Bears running around.

They spam kill you with moonfire while taking zero damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Part of the decline in PvP would be tanks doing damage in PvP .. Inside instanced PvP they need to do about half the damage they do now and instead get a bigger 'toy box' that focuses on mitigating team and harassment. In world PvP they need to do no more damage than the minimum needed to quest ..

Simply put the game becomes disgusting for any one facing them today ..
    When i specc prot pal in instanced pvp i average about 70-100k dps single target because nearly everyone of my abilities does half the dmg then in pve so tell me about my op damage in instanced pvp, i had one job in 3s arena in playing dampening comps with my support heal now that its nerfed its again specc holy or bust, because good luck playing ret in 3s when you dont know a hunter and a disc priest friend.

Playing a DK, it was never easy to survive WorldPVP without RESILIENCE GEAR. It was allwasys the counter for those burst/stealth openers and it was allways a great motivation for me to do some PvP, just to be prepared against some ganking happy troll.

In legion my DK with 920 ilvl 4.4mio HP just gets slaughtered by 880 Rogues. Most of the time I see a 2.5mio+ crit inside the stun opener and pretty much die without any immunity Cooldowns after the the first 2-4 seconds.

I play this game now 13 years and in every expansion before legion, with PVP gear or PVE gear you would walk around like a raid boss in worldPVP, in legion if you see a fresh dinged 2.0mio HP Rogue, you better run.

Stealth with immunity agains magic and physical damage and high burst is just hard to deal with when your counter attack time is limited to 2-4 seconds at most.

WorldOfRoguecraft in classic WoW had a huge impact for a long time to the Rogue class and now I am patiently waiting for the Backlash for the current situation. The one thing Blizzard never disappointed the WoW community is with its LATE and OVERTHETOP nerfs for classes.
    Last edited by Ange; 2017-06-27 at 09:24 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    This is why wPvP or dueling means exactly nothing in Legion. It's dogshit.
    quoted for truth, its meaningless mess

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had no problems with tanks in wPvP, nor DPS or healers.

I do my 'tower quests' as a Retribution Paladin.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WPvP and towers are just there. Don't really care about them one way or the other. I'll duel if I'm bored knowing full well what I'm getting into, and you rarely run into anyone unless it's that days emissary on my server. I will get upset and hate seeing tanks drop into BRR, but what can you do?