Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help it, if the info is out there, I need to see it all as much as possible. I've already devoured all of the 7.3 leaks I could fine.

It's a disease. And they don't know what to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's a disease. And they don't know what to call it.
    Well, I'm an MD and I can confirm it's called LEAKOPENIA (the defficiency of leaks in our bloodstreams)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How many succesfull MMOs do that? This closed Alpha testers could test server stability with new content implemented, new technologies like sharding? They would work for free? And couldn't even say a word about it? No sane person would take job like this.
    Protip: People already do this.

I enjoy leaks and spoilers, specially when they're out in the open and people cry about :P

I usually always read ahead of show and stuff, still enjoy watching them, doesn't change whether I know something is happening or know it before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    I wonder how much fun are Blizzard folks having when they read all those BS leaks?
    I bet it otherwise - Like looks guys it really GREAT idea we should use it in new expansion. And then something like MoP/TBC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I bet it otherwise - Like looks guys it really GREAT idea we should use it in new expansion. And then something like MoP/TBC comes out.
    Well, I've read/watch quite a lot of interviews with the devs and one thing they usually say is that most of the ideas that the community gets excited about were in some shape or form discussed by them internally before... so, while occassionally they surely run into some cool ideas, I think the most popular ones posted in places like MMO-C are something they've already known.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leaks of the past didn't really have spoilers, mostly just general information. Spoilers come from beta players most of the time.

I'm quite content to sit and wait for them to announce it at their pace.

I like teasers, but not so much actual leaks.
    Attending or viewing a convention waiting for an announcement is really thrilling and something I enjoy.
    I hadn't read or heard anything about legion prior to Gamescon that year, so i was genuinely surprised.

On the flipside of things, I managed to somehow watch the datamined Wrathgate cinematic near the end of TBC and thereby partially ruined that awesome questline for myself.

I'd love to know what the next expansion will be. Give me all the details you can.

Deleted
    I think the "leaks" are fun, in the same way speculation is fun. As to whether or not any of them are true, who the fuck cares? Until Blizzard makes an official announcement, it's all speculation to us.

If there was a major leak, like an alpha client gets out into the wild and datamined to fuck, then that would be bad - reeeeeal bad - but I'd avoid it like the plague anyway. I learned at the end of TBC to step away from learning every detail that comes out of a beta, that really spoils the experience of playing the game.

But the leak posts? Bring them on. Unless it's another "JaNiA Is a FucKiNg DReAdLoRd aNd SyLvAnAs IS A rAId bOsS" post.

Deleted
    The curiosity is always there but I would prefer to be surprised at the announcement.

Deleted
    What? No beta? You want to play untested shit where game crashes every 5 minutes?
    Or blizzard could employ a good, large QA team. But that would cost money, so not gonna happen.

Somehow larger games than WoW expansions go out and don't crash every 5 minutes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Or blizzard could employ a good, large QA team. But that would cost money, so not gonna happen.

Somehow larger games than WoW expansions go out and don't crash every 5 minutes.
    Oh yeah, they totally should employ thousands people to test stability of game with new content implemented, just because some people can't avoid spoilers.

And which succesful MMO launched without beta tests again?

Deleted
    Oh yeah, they totally should employ thousands people to test stability of game with new content implemented, just because some people can't avoid spoilers.

And which succesful MMO launched without beta tests again?
    Why stop at thousands, let them employ millions. Perhaps Blizzard is still stuck in their 90's mentality, after all that's when they started doing games.

The game has been beta-tested and is running for 12 years now. All they do is add a couple new technologies with every expansion. I'm sorry, but if their engineers can't predict that (for example) 10 million players WILL be doing their intro quests at same time and don't stress test it beforehand, then maybe they should get new ones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    Why stop at thousands, let them employ millions. Perhaps Blizzard is still stuck in their 90's mentality, after all that's when they started doing games.

The game has been beta-tested and is running for 12 years now. All they do is add a couple new technologies with every expansion. I'm sorry, but if their engineers can't predict that (for example) 10 million players WILL be doing their intro quests at same time and don't stress test it beforehand, then maybe they should get new ones.
    You simply don't have a clue. Testing games is now 90's mentality and now you can just predict how your servers will work without testing, ok.

And again, you failed to provide an example of large multiplayer game that's doesn't need big beta testing. Everyone is doing that, because everyone need that.