Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Scions of Azeroth Leak

World of Warcraft: Scions of Azeroth

The tagline of the expansion is, “Discover Yourself.”

The design goal is for players to return to their roots as adventures.

From what I understand, there will be a time jump following the defeat of the Burning Legion and imprisonment of Sargeras. While the Battle of Argus plays out many years pass on Azeroth. This was explained to me through the foreshadowing of Turalyon and Alleria. With the player’s artifact weapons extinguished in the final battle and their return back to Azeroth it gives the designers a chance to usher in a soft reboot which will refresh the game, usher in new threats, plotlines, and characters.

Expansion Features

A Revamped World:
    The Old World has been redone and several missing zones have been added. Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Northrend will be updated to reflect a level 1-120 leveling experience. Northeron, Dragon Isles, Maelstrom (Nazjatar, Kul Tiras, Kezan/Undermine) will be 110-120 zones.

-Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend have been redone
    -Northeron and Dragon Isles have been added
    Draenei starting areas and Blood Elf starting areas integrated into the redone world
    Gilneas and Kezan have been updated
    -Maelstrom (Nazjatar, Kul’Tiras, Kezan/Undermine) have been added
    -AU Draenor, Pandaria, Old Northrend, Outland, and Broken Isles will be accessible through Caverns of Time/Portals.
    -Old World and Northrend Dungeons are being updated for 1-110
    -Historic Raids will still be accessible for transmog, timewalking, and achievements.

Sub-Races/Cross Faction:

Each race will have sub-races. Sub-races are being designed around the idea to allow for a Cross-Faction sub-race which will allow the opposing faction to have access to popular faction races. This feature may be expanded upon in the future. Each race will have at least one sub-race, but some will have two (the ones that allow for the opposing faction to have access to that race). An example of this is High Elves who will be a Blood-Elf sub-race, but will be alliance and will start in their own sub, low-level, questing zone. Vice versa, Defias Humans will be a Human sub-race, but start in their own sub, low-level, questing zone and be horde. Sub-zones will be used for sub-races that join the opposing faction while regular faction sub-races follow the leveling path of that faction.
    Human
    -Stormwind Human (traditional)
    -Defias Human (Horde)
    -Lordaeron Survivor
    Night Elf
    -Night Elf (traditional)
    -Nightborne
    Dwarves
    -Ironforge Dwarf (traditional)
    -Dark Iron
    Gnome
    -Gnomeregan Gnome (traditional)
    -Mecha-Gnome
    -Leper Gnome (Horde)
    Worgen
    Gilnean Worgen (traditional)
    Silverpine Alpha Worgen
    Draenei
    Exodar Draenei (traditional)
    Eredar (Horde)
    Broken Draenei
    Orc
    Orgimmar Orc (Traditional)
    Half Ogre
    Half-Orc (Alliance)
    Troll
    Echo Isles Troll (Traditional)
    Amani Forest Troll
    Goblin
    Undermine Goblin (Traditional)
    Hobgoblin
    Gilgoblin (Alliance)
    Undead/Forsaken
    Forsaken (Traditional)
    Skeleton
    Tauren
    Thunder Bluff Tauren (traditional)
    Highmountain Tauren
    Blood Elf
    Blood Elf (Traditional)
    Darkfallen Elves
    High Elves (Alliance)

A New Talent Tree:
    There will be a new talent system that incorporates many of the artifact effects from Legion. The new talent tree will be more innovative and allow for players to customize their skills while also incorporating many of the powers and abilities from the artifacts in Legion. It will not be as simple and streamlined as the current talent tree. The idea is not to reintroduce skill bloat, but the system will add new abilities and ways to play your class.

Combat and Class Identity:
    New combat animations and effects are being planned. In addition, Class identity was well received in Legion. There will be existing and new weapon types added to the game (I.E. runeblades for DK) that if used will grant class specific buffs. However, players will go through different weapons in the expansion as artifacts are being removed, still there is a hope that class identity weapons that grant specific powers, new combat animations and effects, plus talent changes will continue making each class a unique experience.

Mounted Combat:
    In Legion the design team experimented with mounted combat. In Scions of Azeroth this will become a playable game option. Players will be able to acquire combat mounts (although some will allow combat already). You will be able to use combat mounts in outdoor areas and in some battlegrounds.

The Story Continues:
    After the imprisonment of Sargeras, the Burning Legion has been defeated. The player character returns from Argus to find that the world has changed due to the passage of time.

In Kalimdor, various plots deal with the remnants of the burning legion and Naga who have emerged in force. This is in addition, to renewed conflicts between the Orcs and Night Elves over resources. A sub-theme involves Uldum and Un’goro Crater which become relevant later in the expansion due to the Azeroth Titan. In the Eastern Kingdoms, various plots relate to the Scourge, Orcs from Blackrock Mountain, and Trolls of Zul’Gurub. Another conflict is present between the Worgen and Forsaken. Dalaran has returned to the crater and is a neutral city. A sub-theme involves the Badlands and Uldaman which will again become relevant later in the expansion. In Northrend, plots involve the renewed Scourge, Ice trolls, and Vrykul. Again, there will be a sub-theme involving the Stormpeaks and Ulduar. Icecrown Citadel will not be present at launch but will be unlocked later in the expansion. Naga and True Alliance under Jaina Proudmoore will be represented on each continent with the end of these threats coming in the 110-120 leveling zones.

A smaller sub-theme is also introduced for the alliance dealing with the theft of Arthas Menethil’s body from Stormwind Cemetery. This quest line can be joined by the Horde during the events in Northeron. Bolvar Fordragon apparently is behind Kel’Thuzad and the theft of Arthas’ body.

The Dragon isles will be an important location that involves the Red Dragonflight, Infinite Dragonflight, Bronze Dragonflight, and elements of the Scourge. This will be a 110-120 level zone.

Northeron will be the seat of Kel’Thuzad and also Naxxramas. During the 1-110 leveling experience, players will find a renewed Scourge under Kel’Thuzad. From here, Kel’Thuzad is directing operations against the Dragon Isles, Argent Crusade, and Forsaken. The Plaguelands, will be plagued again. The destruction of the Scarlet Crusade produced a large amount of risen who are now allied with Kel’Thuzad. Northeron will be a 110-120 leveling zone.

Kul’Tiras will be a 110-120 leveling zone. From here Jaina Proudmoore has launched a crusade against the Horde and Alliance. She has allied herself with Queen Azshara. She views the alliance under Anduin as weak and has rebranded Kul’Tiras as the seat of the True Alliance. However, she has actually become a minion to N’zoth and Kul’Tiras is built over the titan prison for N’zoth. Genn debates joining the True Alliance, but discovers to his horror that Jaina has been corrupted by the Old Gods. He dies and Tess becomes the new ruler of Gilneas.

Nazjatar will be a 110-120 partial underwater/partial above water zone. From here Queen Azshara will direct the naga forces and work with Jaina Proudmoore to release N’zoth.

Kezan/Undermine will be a 110-120 level zone. From here Faceless Ones and creatures from the deep have infested the Undermine. It will be mostly a subterranean area.

There will be two raids unlocked shortly after launch. These will be the dual raids on Nazjatar and the Dragon Isles. The Infinite Dragonflight will be a smaller raid on the Dragon Isles with the raid on Nazjatar being a larger raid that deals with Queen Azshara.

The middle tier will deal with Bolvar, Arthas, and Kel’Thuzad in Icecrown and Northeron.

The final tier will address Jaina’s True Alliance with a raid on Kul’Tiras that will descend into the prison of N’zoth. We will discover here that we are the Scions of Azeroth and hence that is the reason for our godlike power in the world (we are blessed with a portion of the Titan Azeroth’s power itself). Here we will find that N’zoth has corrupted Azeroth. The destruction of Kul’Tiras and Jaina will be the Horde’s “fistbump” moment.

So I guess it's cool to post fake leaks nowadays. All the leaks seem so similar too though. You guys are not that original.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Can mods please start banning anyone who post a leak below 50 post count?

"Join Date:Aug 2017

Like it's stupid really.

Deleted
    tl;dr and i wont bother with it, post it in the fanfic thread thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont we have a fanfic thread for this garbage?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Am I the only one who thought of 'FFXIV' when he saw 'Scions'?

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post

Like it's stupid really.
    that's how the real leaks get posted.

go back and look at the wod and other leaks.

and veil of shadows has way more weight behind it than this. don't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea to multiply the leaks by x10 in order to keep the real surprise

though this leak is badly done, since blizzard would not "redo" a zone after what they tried in cataclysm

Like it's stupid really.
    Why even bother? You can just create as many accounts, as you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    "From what I understand, there will be a time jump following the defeat of the Burning Legion and imprisonment of Sargeras. While the Battle of Argus plays out many years pass on Azeroth. This was explained to me through the foreshadowing of Turalyon and Alleria"

Now, I like that part, I really do but I still want people to have more balls and post it on their main accounts. Some of these leaks are cool concept but it's annoying to see someone create an entirely new account to do that shit (Looking at you Jaylock)

Like it's stupid really.
    actually it should just be if you post a thread with the word "leak" in it, your account gets a 7 day ban and you have to appeal your ban in that section.

then every turd with a couple of post account appealing you just delete don't even read the appeal lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Like it's stupid really.
    Every real leaker used a new account. Though this is garbage. Stopped reading at horde humans. Will never happen.

Oh look. Someone took ideas from the Veil of Shadows leak and turned it into their own fanfiction.

This attempt at a leak is terrible 1 star out of 5.

There's nothing in this expansion that depowers our artifacts. If that'll happen, it'll have to be in the 8.0 prepatch.
    Blizzard doesn't do timeskips, and fortunately so. It's a terrible idea.
    The sub-race list with cross-faction is perhaps the most unlikely of all leak points ever.

Yes it`s a fake leak blablabla, but i actually like that cross-faction sub-race thing, sounds interesting

The thing i don't get is this drive to add "leak" to the thread title. Call it your fantasy, idea or whatever, fine. But why does it have to be a leak? Not like anybody actually believes that for a second anyway.

I don't think its real but I like this one.

only thing i would love is being able to play a high elf, i went alliance because of my friends and i miss my blood elf.(its not the same but would be nice lol) I know this is fake but dare to dream on that part that will never happen lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's about time we get a time skip for sure. Would make sense why Anduin was so fucking old in the son of the wolf comic.

Because it's going to take 20 years IRL if we want to see him like that, so at one point we're going to need a time skip. And I still wonder how a thousand year war could've gone on between Turalyon and Alleria's vanishing until now.

There are parts of this leak that I like, but by and large, it's fake. Specifically, the options for the sub-races weren't thought out.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Very fake. What's the obsession with posting fanwank?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol