Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Sylvanas has died three times but the "Banshee Queen" has only died twice, suicide at icecrown and shot in the head by Godfrey. I think it refers to Chromie and those who are trying to kill her.
    They do make a point of using 'the hour', not incorrect but also not all that common to say it that way. Seems pointed. They also say 'At', that IS in incorrect as and also pointed. You would typically say 'In the hour..' or 'On the hour'. This way implies physical location coinciding with time. Time and space.

Could "hour" be somehow connected to "The Hour of Twilight"? In form of the Infinite Dragonflight maybe?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Could "hour" be somehow connected to "The Hour of Twilight"? In form of the Infinite Dragonflight maybe?
    They are definitely tied to this that could be, you notice twilight (x,y,z) almost always in the immediate area of shady void happenings it seems. Interesting idea.

On the Jaina thing, I feel like she's more likely tied to "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.” Maybe foreshadowing Jaina becoming a tragic hero which WoW loves.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2017-08-14 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    They do make a point of using 'the hour', not incorrect but also not all that common to say it that way. Seems pointed. They also say 'At', that IS in incorrect as and also pointed. You would typically say 'In the hour..' or 'On the hour'. This way implies physical location coinciding with time. Time and space.
    Yeah. We know the dragons will play a big role next expansion combined with the all the hints of Shadow/Void.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

When Aman'Thul ripped off Y'Shaaraj creating a massive wound to Azeroth, that wouldn't be its "first" death? Then the Sundering and the Cataclysm being its "second" and third"?
    I'm not a big fan of her being Azeroth but it is a possibility. About who else could be... there are many candidates especially if you think of the phrase in a metaphorical way. The only sure thing is that who Il'Gynoth is referring is a she so any male is out. The most posible ones being: Sylvanas or Jaina but we can also add Azshara, Alleria, Maiev etc. Until the next patch and the Blizzcon or the Gamescon we won't know for sure.

Also it could be any cleric of the Church of Light since it seems that its leaders are secretly with the Twilight's Hammer (A tiny joke).
    Last edited by Ryon21; 2017-08-14 at 05:48 PM.

i will bet on onyxia

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sylvanas died twice already. First, when she thought against the Scourge advance in Quel'thalas and then raised as a banshee. Her second death happened in a story that happened between Wrath and Cataclysm, where she committed suicide and died, but the LK's Val'kyr, now unbound by the death of Arthas, bound themselves to Sylvanas, and one said val'kyr sacrificed herself to bring Sylvanas back to life.

I may be remembering things wrong, but I think that is how it happened in the small story.
    she died three times
    'as you said scourge advance
    short story.
    third time she is shot by Geoffrey in the back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    When Aman'Thul ripped off Y'Shaaraj creating a massive wound to Azeroth, that wouldn't be its "first" death? Then the Sundering and the Cataclysm being its "second" and third"?
    I'm not a big fan of that "she" is Azeroth but it is a possibility. About who else could be... there are many candidates especially if you think of the phrase in a metaphorical way. The only sure thing is that who Il'Gynoth is referring is a she so any male is out. The most posible ones being: Sylvanas or Jaina but we can also add Azshara, Alleria, Maiev etc. Until the next patch and the Blizzcon or the Gamescon we won't know for sure.
    We do know azeroth is a female, and i do like that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Yeah. We know the dragons will play a big role next expansion combined with the all the hints of Shadow/Void.
    how do you know? who is we? how do "we" know the next expansion dragons will play a big role? where are you getting this from?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    she died three times
    'as you said scourge advance
    short story.
    third time she is shot by Geoffrey in the back

- - - Updated - - -

We do know azeroth is a female, and i do like that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

how do you know? who is we? how do "we" know the next expansion dragons will play a big role? where are you getting this from?
    Jessie Cox hosted an interview with Ion Hazzikostas where he asked about the Death of Chromie scenario and if we will see more of the Infinite Dragonflight in the future. Ion replied.

"It seems very likely, certainly when your lvl 112. In the deaths of Chromie scenario, dragons are going to be very important."

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A stretch, admittedly, but didn't we kill Elisande 3 times? Could her final death have caused something? The Nightwell is essentially Azeroth's essence just like the Well of Eternity, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    A stretch, admittedly, but didn't we kill Elisande 3 times? Could her final death have caused something? The Nightwell is essentially Azeroth's essence just like the Well of Eternity, right?
    Elisande is another candidate for it. Then we have to figure what her death resulted in that could refer to "she will usher in our coming".

Could we gather all the different translations for this? Maybe there are some more hints.

English: "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."

German: "Zur Stund' ihres dritten Todes verheißt sie unser Kommen."

When I read it in German it makes more sense for me than in English because I really haven't heard the second sentence before.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-14 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you referencing in the title/OP?

Why would the Old Gods have prophecies related to a mortal? Everything they speak of is kinda on the grand scale. I don't believe they're referring to any lore characters.

OP sounds right.

It might be related to baeric dondarion. He has also died before.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It might be related to baeric dondarion. He has also died before.
    I always knew Beric was a woman. Good reference though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Why would the Old Gods have prophecies related to a mortal? Everything they speak of is kinda on the grand scale. I don't believe they're referring to any lore characters.

OP sounds right.
    Maybe because they're chess pieces for them? It's pretty obvious that at least Magni (King of Diamonds) and Anduin (Boy-King) are referenced.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Why wouldn't it be Sylvanas? She's actually literally died, unlike Azeroth who merely underwent cosmetic surgery.
    Don't take words so literally and you may yet understand poetry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    1st death was in Quel'thalas, killed by Arthas
    2nd death was her suicide at Icecrown, where the val'kyr ressurected her and bound themselves to her.
    3rd death was in Gilneas.

However, since her first death, lead to her birth as the Banshee Queen, that one time might not count, but it's unlikely to be the case.
    I am mainly an Alliance player so all I have seen is how she was murdered and raised by Arthas/The Lich King. I'm intrigued to see these other instances where she dies. Are they available in the game or in books?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I personally think this doesn't mean neither Sylvanas nor Jaina. I think he was referencing Azeroth (since Azeroth is a SHE) The first death was the Sundering, the second was the Cataclysm and the 3rd is yet to come -> (Next expansion?) What are your thoughts?
    Azshara. Just you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't take words so literally and you may yet understand poetry.

- - - Updated - - -

I am mainly an Alliance player so all I have seen is how she was murdered and raised by Arthas/The Lich King. I'm intrigued to see these other instances where she dies. Are they available in the game or in books?
    They are available in game. One is after defeating the Lich King, she jumps off Icecrown and the other is after the events of the Cataclysm with Godfrey betraying her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina seems the LEAST possible fit for any of these yet people still try to put her in there.

Deleted
    It's definitely a reference to Sylvanas Windrunner.

The first death was the death of Sylvanas the Highborne. But it was the rebirth of Sylvanas the Undead. Her following two deaths as undead are what should interest you, because on those occasions she was narrowly spared her fate with the sacrifice of her Val'kyr. Now she has enough of them left for one final death, which will be her third.

After that, she is desperate to avoid eternal damnation. Desperate enough to strike a deal with the Old Gods.