Thread: Ni no Kuni II

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i did some research and it seems like game is badly optimized and it overheats like a lot. Pc probaly went in shut down mode due to overheat.
    Did not know that, Good thing it isn't your PC tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh man I loved the first game. I want to get this one, but I dont have a PS4 and I dont think my laptops specs are good enough for it. Guess I'll have to wait until i buy a new computer or PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i did some research and it seems like game is badly optimized and it overheats like a lot. Pc probaly went in shut down mode due to overheat.
    Odd because reviews say this game is better optimized than most games and runs really smoothly. That's the experience I had too, beautiful world and it ran very smoothly.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I don't think it's the game's fault if your PC overheats.

I got this game on the PS4. Really enjoying it so far. I only played a little bit of the first ni no kuni but the crying little boy main character got me offside from the start and I just couldn't be bothered playing more

Really loving the art style of this game, it's very pretty and i'm enjoying the story so far though I can see Evan getting a little annoying if he is constantly banging on about "A kingdom where everyone can live in harmony!" or the "unite the world" crap constantly.

I think so far i'm at Chapter 4? I think... I just finished the goldpaw stuff

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Adio View Post
    Oh man I loved the first game. I want to get this one, but I dont have a PS4 and I dont think my laptops specs are good enough for it. Guess I'll have to wait until i buy a new computer or PS4
    The game doesn't take much to run but takes a great deal to run at max (4k/60). So depending ur laptop's spec's u may be fine with getting it to 1080p/30fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I don't think it's the game's fault if your PC overheats.
    It is the games fault, It takes a beast of a PC to run at max settings when it shouldn't. The PS4 Pro nearly runs it at 4K/60FPS and yet 1080ti's are being taxed to do the same.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I been playing it so much lately, trying to get Platinum trophy in the PS4 version (after finally getting the first game platinum damn it was annoying haha), I noticed they added a difficulty option which is really good because the second game specially the start is kinda super easy and give you a /yawn vibe compare to the difficulty at the start of the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    So I been playing it so much lately, trying to get Platinum trophy in the PS4 version (after finally getting the first game platinum damn it was annoying haha), I noticed they added a difficulty option which is really good because the second game specially the start is kinda super easy and give you a /yawn vibe compare to the difficulty at the start of the first game.
    Ya I have been thinking about going back to it since they added a difficulty setting and its on sell for $20.

Also picked up the premium edition for 20$ from bestbuy. I was eventually gonna get it but the 20 price was too good to pass up. Will start playing after I finish DQXI and then start/finish Witcher 3 (can only play one game at a time or I lose track of things)

Announced back in March, Ni no Kuni II is coming to Nintendo Switch, along with other Level 5 titles.

https://wccftech.com/ni-no-kuni-leve...ntendo-switch/

Also their 20th anniversary was last week, and they are expected to announce new games to existing franchises, "soon". They put out artwork teasers thus far.

Last edited by Vineri; 2018-11-17 at 05:58 AM.

Problem with this game for me was that it was just too easy, you're never presented with any sort of resistance during the game and in the end I just got bored and stopped playing it. It does seem like a game that would be well suited to the Switch, but only really for people who like to play "tourist mode" difficulty games.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought the game was super lame in every aspect aside from castle building. I wish l5 would make a base building game as the main mechanic, that would be superrrrrrrpeprprper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Problem with this game for me was that it was just too easy, you're never presented with any sort of resistance during the game and in the end I just got bored and stopped playing it. It does seem like a game that would be well suited to the Switch, but only really for people who like to play "tourist mode" difficulty games.
    This is why I was happy they introduced a new difficulty. Basically the harder the difficulty is the better rewards for those who wanna do Trophies and Platinum completionst players.

This is why I was happy they introduced a new difficulty. Basically the harder the difficulty is the better rewards for those who wanna do Trophies and Platinum completionst players.
    There is a new difficulty? Maybe I should check it out again then.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There is a new difficulty? Maybe I should check it out again then.
    Yup they added a new dlc adventure pack which include some side quests and extra optional bosses and now the game has three difficulties: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The more you increase the difficulty the more rare rewards and items you get this is a win win situation for me because not only I get super bored when it comes to easy games but I am also an completionist so with higher difficulty it will be better to farm rare rewards and craft rare items for the Platinum trophy.

Yup they added a new dlc adventure pack which include some side quests and extra optional bosses and now the game has three difficulties: Normal, Hard, and Expert. The more you increase the difficulty the more rare rewards and items you get this is a win win situation for me because not only I get super bored when it comes to easy games but I am also an completionist so with higher difficulty it will be better to farm rare rewards and craft rare items for the Platinum trophy.
    Many ports of older games to Switch have been having DLC included, so that would be a plus.

It also helps justify the higher Switch price tags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm now that I came back to the game I am enjoying the expert difficulty so far.

I also noticed something somehow I never noticed it before..

The voice of Doloran (in the trailer he was the same one who voice acted Eredin in Witcher 3 and Vilhelm in Dark Souls III Ariandel DLC) in game is not the same as the old trailer? why?

Here this is the ingame voice of Doloran:

skip to 9:04 you will notice that is actually different voice actor...